Thurmond: Welker hit uncalled for

Kixkahn

Reaction score
Don't be surprised if there are similar hits on our defense. Lets just hope it doesn't injure them.

2_0_6

Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if Thurmond ends up in NE as their other corner next year

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Make no mistake, this was a calculated press release statement from the Hawks.

Why Thurmond and not any of the other defensive backs or LB's? Cause Thurmond's going to be in the slot, so again make no mistake this was a calculated release intended to be seen by the league and refs to plant a seed.

CANHawk

Reaction score
That was Walt's way of telling the world; I saw what you did, I know that's your thing, and if I see it coming MY way I'm going to plant your oompaloompa ass.

Hopefully Welker hears it and thinks twice before trying that ish on the LoB. If he does it anyway, hopefully Walt blows him up like Talib probably shoulda done. Can't see anyone being too sympathetic to Wes considering the amount of pub that play against NE got. It might not have been dirty, but it certianly wasn't clean.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
CANHawk":1b8o9qv9 said:
hopefully Walt blows him up like Talib probably shoulda done.

That's the problem with how unfair the rules are now, if Talib or Walter run over Welker, they get called for illegal contact past five yards............but it's perfectly acceptable for WR's to run pick/rub plays. Which btw, pick plays are suppose to be illegal, but unless it's totally obvious the refs never call it.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":fyoj28f5 said:
CANHawk":fyoj28f5 said:

That's the problem with how unfair the rules are now, if Talib or Walter run over Welker, they get called for illegal contact past five yards............but it's perfectly acceptable for WR's to run pick/rub plays. Which btw, pick plays are suppose to be illegal, but unless it's totally obvious the refs never call it.

In this case I do not think so, they ball supposedly got to the Wr at the same time Welker hit Talib, making Welker a blocker and last I checked you can blow up a blocker. If Welker hit Talib before the ball got to the WR it would be a penalty on Welker. But the good part is, this will bring to the attention of the league and refs all the illegal picks that Denver does.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Anthony!":2zfxrcd5 said:
Sgt. Largent":2zfxrcd5 said:
CANHawk":2zfxrcd5 said:

In this case I do not think so, they ball supposedly got to the Wr at the same time Welker hit Talib, making Welker a blocker and last I checked you can blow up a blocker. If Welker hit Talib before the ball got to the WR it would be a penalty on Welker. But the good part is, this will bring to the attention of the league and refs all the illegal picks that Denver does.

Legal or not, Welker weighs about 175 with his boots on. If he wants to play a big boy game like that, he needs to be prepared to accept whatever comes of it. I'm not trying to advocate intentionally hurting anyone, I'd rather Welker not try his little pick play BS and live to see tomorrow, but if he gets blown up real good trying one of those cockameme pick plays, I can't see him trying it again.

The precident's been set. Intentional or not, Welker is capable of hurting people with that play. I can't see any of our guys just taking that kind of crap. If he's coming their way, he's getting blown up. That's how I see it anyway.

PatsFanNH

Reaction score
What made that play so bad is Talib never saw him it looked like. He was completly Blind sided by that shoulder.

That block single handly WON the AFCCG game because with Talib out no one could cover Thomas and he went off UNLIKE in game 1. (I so want to say was just meant as a pick but to convenient they take out our best CB like that.)

Ok still bitter here lol, so i hope the hawks crush denver.

Pick6

Reaction score
If this was dirty, then what was Tate's hit on Sean Lee?

bigtrain21

Reaction score
Pick6":1xbxx2xk said:

A legal block on a player 60 pounds heavier and the most likely to make a tackle.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
CANHawk":3ip7upk4 said:
The precident's been set. Intentional or not, Welker is capable of hurting people with that play. I can't see any of our guys just taking that kind of crap. If he's coming their way, he's getting blown up. That's how I see it anyway.

I agree, but if Thurmond or someone else blow up Welker I fully expect a penalty flag to be throw for illegal contact.

drdiags

Reaction score
I was wondering why Thurmond would be the one to speak on the issue. And he could end up a Patriot. There are a couple other spots but I wonder how much that substance abuse suspension shortens the contract length and guarantee money he will get offered?

CANHawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3hslvyph said:
CANHawk":3hslvyph said:

I agree, but if Thurmond or someone else blow up Welker I fully expect a penalty flag to be throw for illegal contact.

I'll take that penalty if it sets the tone early. You can't do that weak shit against the LoB!

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Pick6":2k2d1sxg said:

A legal block for a scrambling QB. He might have gone too high, but that's it.

I don't think Welker's play was malicious, but it was an illegal pick and should have been called.

DeathbyTalons

Reaction score
If one of the LOB goes down in similar fashion, we take two of theirs. Manning will not be exempt from that list, watch all the videos you want to remind yourself how hard you can hit Welker. This ain't the Pats with one standout DB. Try that foolishness and watch their coveted WR corps start dropping like flies in a raid factory. Much respect to your high flying offense but remember who your dealing with.

Basis4day

Reaction score
drdiags":3fn70qyj said:
I was wondering why Thurmond would be the one to speak on the issue. And he could end up a Patriot. There are a couple other spots but I wonder how much that substance abuse suspension shortens the contract length and guarantee money he will get offered?

Perhaps because his career has been marred by several devastating injuries and has said if he gets another he'll probably retire because he isn't sure he can do rehab again?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Coming off 2 concussions, I seriously doubt it was something they told him to do. But whatever, maybe Thurmond should just worry about the game.

Latest posts