Tight Ends

nwHawk

Reaction score
I rewatched the Rams game yesterday, well the coaches tape version, and came away thinking the tight end play was the worst as a position. Plenty of missed or lackluster blocks, weak routes, alligator arms, etc. Will Dissley was the best, but looked like a second stringer. Jacob Hollister was JV big time. You could tell Carson did not trust running behind him, which begged the question why did Shotty call plays for the TE to be the kickout blocker and Hollister was the TE? Why not use Dissley? Olsen was worthless, again. Ultimately, the whole group needs to be improved.

Tinamedina

Reaction score
Why has everyone including pete Carroll forgotten about colby parkinson? 6 ft 7 250 pds would have solved this problem. Again, #peteball coaching, am I right?

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Tinamedina":3qujedfp said:
Why has everyone including pete Carroll forgotten about colby parkinson? 6 ft 7 250 pds would have solved this problem. Again, #peteball coaching, am I right?

...What?

In what way is this Peteball? He's a mid-round rookie who had several guys ahead of him on the depth chart.

OP
OP
nwHawk

nwHawk

Reaction score
He was also coming off an injury. Plus to time to develop chemistry and timing with Russ.

FearTheHawk

Reaction score
I think they're gonna aim to have Parkinson be the #1 and Dissly the #2. maybe sign a cheap vet. We need to use our precious draft picks elsewhere, like on the O-Line

Polk738

Reaction score
nwHawk":18pv95rn said:
I rewatched the Rams game yesterday, well the coaches tape version, and came away thinking the tight end play was the worst as a position. Plenty of missed or lackluster blocks, weak routes, alligator arms, etc. Will Dissley was the best, but looked like a second stringer. Jacob Hollister was JV big time. You could tell Carson did not trust running behind him, which begged the question why did Shotty call plays for the TE to be the kickout blocker and Hollister was the TE? Why not use Dissley? Olsen was worthless, again. Ultimately, the whole group needs to be improved.

I never understood the Olsen signing, such a waste of money when they had so many on the roster already. This team REALLY needs a standout dynamic TE, not a washed up and broken 1 year player.

Reaction score
I don't think Parkinson was brought in to be a blocker. He wasn't great at that at Stanford.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Hawks 'n Nucks":2h5ei5ef said:
I don't think Parkinson was brought in to be a blocker. He wasn't great at that at Stanford.

This is all up in the air pending scheme change with whoever the new OC ends up being, but based on Hollister, I think they've moved away from trying to fit square pegs into round holes at tight end. I'd agree that they probably didn't care much for using Parkinson to block.

Ideally, Parkinson would be a better Hollister. Same usage, with added redzone capabilities that this team hasn't seen since Jimmy Graham, who scored TEN touchdowns in his last year with Seattle.

That's not to say the more balanced tight ends in Dissly and Olsen were used very well, though. Probably part of the reason for the sputtering attack late in the season - those guys need to be a safety net, and for whatever reason, that just wasn't happening.

Chawker

Reaction score
Dissley and Parkinson will be fine for next year, we can sign a third in free agency. We just need to get back too a good balance of use. Meaning run a play action once in a while on first down, it will hold LBers just long enough to hit a TE up the seem. 1 v 1 with a safty.