Tim Kawakami of the San Jose Mercury News on Harbaugh

Popeyejones

Reaction score
:lol: / :roll:

Matt Barrows reports things no 9ers fan wants to hear. Matt Maiocco reports things no 9ers fans wants to hear. I love their work and love them as journalists because they actually report things. When they say something, be it good or bad, I give them the benefit of the doubt because 1) they actually cover the 9ers, 2) they rely on sources, 3) they have proven themselves to be reliable as reporters.

If Barrows said Harbaugh is impossible to work with and could very well be gone in 12 months (and he has) and Kawakami said Harbaugh's crap smells like roses and he will lead the 9ers to victory for forever I'd believe Barrows 100/100 times.

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
My goodness ...... contact information is maintained by the San Jose Mercury News. Feel free to grind your axe there.

Although, Tim Kawakami maintains a good size audience down there .... so good luck coping with that reality.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
^^^ Why in the world would I contact Kawakami or the Merc? Kawakami has been doing the same schtick since I was a kid. He's obviously not changing.

And yeah, some people read Kawakami. Some people read Lowell and Grant Cohn. A lot of people listen to Skip Bayless. When Richard Sherman calls out Skip Bayless for being a troll I'm siding with Sherman because he's right and if you spend more than a day listening to Bayless you know he's right. From this thread it seems you think Sherman was trying to "censor" Bayless or some nonsense. Kawakami already had his "Sherman moment" with Herrera a few years ago. In this scenario you're siding with Bayless.

This ain't going anywhere though and I've said everything I have to say on it, so last post from me on the subject. :)

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
This ain't going anywhere though and I've said everything I have to say on it, so last post from me on the subject. :)

Lets test that here >>> [urltargetblank]http://seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=90839[/urltargetblank]

Popeyejones

Reaction score
^^^ :lol:

Already mentioned that interview on the last page of this thread (see the bottom of the 6:08 pm post).

LOL at a Hawks fans spamming his own board with pointless threads in a failed effort to get under the skin of a 9ers fan.

Later, man. :)

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
Popeyejones":h2rq07b0 said:

Already mentioned that interview on the last page of this thread (see the bottom of the 6:08 pm post).

LOL at a Hawks fans spamming his own board with pointless threads in a failed effort to get under the skin of a 9ers fan.

Your paralyzed ..... locked in and don't even realize it.

Tim Kawakami flat owns you.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Popeyejones":1eskpapa said:
:lol: / :roll:

Matt Barrows reports things no 9ers fan wants to hear. Matt Maiocco reports things no 9ers fans wants to hear. I love their work and love them as journalists because they actually report things. When they say something, be it good or bad, I give them the benefit of the doubt because 1) they actually cover the 9ers, 2) they rely on sources, 3) they have proven themselves to be reliable as reporters.

If Barrows said Harbaugh is impossible to work with and could very well be gone in 12 months (and he has) and Kawakami said Harbaugh's crap smells like roses and he will lead the 9ers to victory for forever I'd believe Barrows 100/100 times.

This.

Kawakami does nothing but look for (or invent) controversy to increase his readership. Unfortunately it works too because whenever he does so he gets jounalists all over the country to repost or reference his articles which gives him the illusion of legitimacy. He speculates WAY, WAY too much and is too often flat wrong to be taken seriously.

You guys want to read him and take his word as gospel? Hey, go for it. More power to ya. We warned you.

Now, if Barrows or Maiocco say the sh*ts hitting the fan? Be damned sure there's excrement on the fanblades. The difference is that Barrows and Maiocco will be SURE of what they are saying while Kawakami will rush to say SOMETHING and make up the rest to sell his story.

This isn't to say he's wrong here BTW. I just won't take HIS word for it. Ever.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Popeyejones":26gsbwa1 said:
Please hold true to your words. :)

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Jville":359rhbd9 said:
Popeyejones":359rhbd9 said:

Your paralyzed ..... locked in and don't even realize it.

Tim Kawakami flat owns you.
BINGO!

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Report: Jim Harbaugh’s “act has worn thin” in the 49ers locker room

“One source with inside knowledge of the team says that Harbaugh’s act has worn thin in the locker room,” Killion writes, “particularly among some key ‘face of the 49ers’ type players. While the team is winning, that’s not a problem. But a few losses could expose a widening rift.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... cker-room/

rigelian

Reaction score
So is Killion one of the 49er fan approved journalists or is she another one we should ignore?

Popeyejones

Reaction score
rigelian":1bel7k3w said:
So is Killion one of the 49er fan approved journalists or is she another one we should ignore?

If serious, nah, as discussed earlier the only people Bay Area sports fans almost universally don't listen to are Grant & Lowell Cohen and Tim Kawakami because they don't quote sources and just opine on BS (and repeatedly make it pretty clear that they don't know much about football either).

Killon is a jobber for the SF Chronicle's sports section, not really covering the 9ers, but I don't think most folks have an impression of her either way. She's quoting at least one person from inside the org, which is what ANY sports fan would want.

LOL at some of you guys still not getting it. :)

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
Every offseason/
Spin, spin, spin/
For any reason/
Spin, spin, spin/
Nothing bad can possibly happen if you just spin/

Spin the bad news/
About Harbaugh/
Who cares if Aldon/
Broke the damn law?/
Spin when there's crappy/
News about Kappy/
Everything just fine here in Santa Clara if you just spin/

Marvin49

Reaction score
rigelian":2ndsnsyo said:

She's not a beat writer, but she is a very good journalist. If she's saying it, she's got a good source.