Time for some POSITIVITY!

renofox

Reaction score
I've been on the FIRE PC wagon for about 5 years, but since I don't think it's going to happen I am going to try an attitude change.

LET'S RUN IT BACK!!!
(y)(y)(y)

NO NEED FOR A REBUILD! ALL WE NEED IS A FEW MORE PIECES! πŸŒˆπŸŒˆπŸŒˆπŸ¦„πŸ¦„πŸ¦„

Assuming Adams and Diggs are released, PCJS will have almost $30M in cap space to get:

STARTERS
LG, OC, RG, RT
IDL, ILB, ILB
SS, FS

ROTATION
OLB, OLB, IDL, IDL

DEPTH
OT, OG
ILB

WE ONLY NEED 10 NEW STARTERS NEXT YEAR!!! πŸŒˆπŸŒˆπŸŒˆπŸ¦„πŸ¦„πŸ¦„

WE HAVE ALMOST $2M/EACH TO SPEND TO REPLACE THESE NEEDS! THAT'S PLENTY!!!

AND our Coordinators were just in the Sophomore Slump! They're both gonna really elevate next year and be AWESOME!!!

The Seahawks are in GREAT SHAPE! Everything is right on schedule for PCJS's 10-year rebuild retool reload plan! πŸŒˆπŸŒˆπŸŒˆπŸ¦„πŸ¦„πŸ¦„

2024 is THE year! I'M IN!

LET'S RUN IT BACK WITH PC!!!

🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈

πŸ¦„πŸ¦„πŸ¦„πŸ¦„πŸ¦„πŸ¦„πŸ¦„πŸ¦„πŸ¦„πŸ¦„

JPatera76

Reaction score
Id throw in a low round decent LT as well tbh. Cross imo may or may not be durable and whiffed a LOT (eye test lol) but otherwise..

Yes

OP
OP
renofox

renofox

Reaction score
Id throw in a low round decent LT as well tbh. Cross imo may or may not be durable and whiffed a LOT (eye test lol) but otherwise..

Yes
Cross is the one OL that we have who is both generally healthy and playing at somewhere around replacement level.

It may be true that he is, SO FAR, a little disappointing as you expect more from a top-10 draft pick. But, hey, at least he's not a total bust! 🌈 πŸŒˆπŸŒˆπŸ¦„πŸ¦„πŸ¦„

Don't forget - continuity is big for the OL. Bringing back one starter will be HUGE! It will help in the goal of having a top-26 OL next year!

JPatera76

Reaction score
Cross is the one OL that we have who is both generally healthy and playing at somewhere around replacement level.

It may be true that he is, SO FAR, a little disappointing as you expect more from a top-10 draft pick. But, hey, at least he's not a total bust! 🌈 πŸŒˆπŸŒˆπŸ¦„πŸ¦„πŸ¦„

Don't forget - continuity is big for the OL. Bringing back one starter will be HUGE! It will help in the goal of having a top-26 OL next year!
All very true. His drop-in play from last year as well could be of things higher (coaching, his injury earlier in the season) But it could be way worse... I remember a time when the ball would snap and our whole line would be laying down instantly (thank you cable...)

Dvl Dug

Reaction score
I actually like this offensive line group.
Can they play like the Steeler's offensive line just did?
My belief is that they can play pretty darn close to it.
They just need the playbook to execute it.
Waldron doesn't bring that playbook.
Do you change one man, or do you change five?

OP
OP
renofox

renofox

Reaction score
I actually like this offensive line group.
Can they play like the Steeler's offensive line just did?
My belief is that they can play pretty darn close to it.
They just need the playbook to execute it.
Waldron doesn't bring that playbook.
Do you change one man, or do you change five?
I like the potential of some of the OL, but the only ones currently under contract are Cross, Lucas, Olu, and Bradford.

I already addressed Cross and think he should remain starter at LT. 🌈 πŸ¦„

Lucas is not a full time NFL starter. His chronic knee issues will only allow him to be a backup and play a few games at a time here and there. He'll probably be out of the NFL before his rookie contract is fulfilled. I feel sorry for the kid as he has top-5 potential at RT. :confused:😑

Olu and Bradford both have outstanding potential, but both need another year as backups before they may be ready to start.

I was really looking forward to them getting reps and proving they could perform at least at a barely adequate level so they could stay in and learn on the job. They both failed.

I have pretty high confidence that with another year of conditioning and coaching they can become + starters. Unfortunately, my confidence level in Ivan Lewis and Andy Dickerson's ability to provide adequate coaching is near nil.

Maybe PC will find some competent coaches when we RUN IT BACK!!! πŸŒˆπŸ¦„πŸŒˆπŸ¦„

LastRideOut

Reaction score

Yes

Yeah my son saw Cross whiff yesterday on the Geno fumble. Saw it live too, in person. He's got a faster processor than I do, and sees more on the field than I can.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
I've been on the FIRE PC wagon for about 5 years, but since I don't think it's going to happen I am going to try an attitude change.

LET'S RUN IT BACK!!!
(y)(y)(y)

NO NEED FOR A REBUILD! ALL WE NEED IS A FEW MORE PIECES! πŸŒˆπŸŒˆπŸŒˆπŸ¦„πŸ¦„πŸ¦„

Assuming Adams and Diggs are released, PCJS will have almost $30M in cap space to get:

STARTERS
LG, OC, RG, RT
IDL, ILB, ILB
SS, FS

ROTATION
OLB, OLB, IDL, IDL

DEPTH
OT, OG
ILB

WE ONLY NEED 10 NEW STARTERS NEXT YEAR!!! πŸŒˆπŸŒˆπŸŒˆπŸ¦„πŸ¦„πŸ¦„

WE HAVE ALMOST $2M/EACH TO SPEND TO REPLACE THESE NEEDS! THAT'S PLENTY!!!

AND our Coordinators were just in the Sophomore Slump! They're both gonna really elevate next year and be AWESOME!!!

The Seahawks are in GREAT SHAPE! Everything is right on schedule for PCJS's 10-year rebuild retool reload plan! πŸŒˆπŸŒˆπŸŒˆπŸ¦„πŸ¦„πŸ¦„

2024 is THE year! I'M IN!

LET'S RUN IT BACK WITH PC!!!

🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈

πŸ¦„πŸ¦„πŸ¦„πŸ¦„πŸ¦„πŸ¦„πŸ¦„πŸ¦„πŸ¦„πŸ¦„
Good thing I don't have either a rainbow and/or unicorn allergy! I'd need an epi-pen!

You make a point - in a toxic positivity kinda way ;)

Dvl Dug

Reaction score
I like the potential of some of the OL, but the only ones currently under contract are Cross, Lucas, Olu, and Bradford.

Lucas is not a full time NFL starter. His chronic knee issues will only allow him to be a backup and play a few games at a time here and there. He'll probably be out of the NFL before his rookie contract is fulfilled. I feel sorry for the kid as he has top-5 potential at RT. :confused:😑

Olu and Bradford both have outstanding potential, but both need another year as backups before they may be ready to start.

I was really looking forward to them getting reps and proving they could perform at least at a barely adequate level so they could stay in and learn on the job. They both failed.

I have pretty high confidence that with another year of conditioning and coaching they can become + starters. Unfortunately, my confidence level in Ivan Lewis and Andy Dickerson's ability to provide adequate coaching is near nil.

Maybe PC will find some competent coaches when we RUN IT BACK!!! πŸŒˆπŸ¦„πŸŒˆπŸ¦„
Exactly, that's my thinking too!

To clarify, I'll add that Evan Brown is known to be a better Guard then he is a Center, so by moving Evan Brown to Guard, the team should have it's next starting center in Olu, and that completes the starting five.

Forsythe is my backup tackle, both left and right, but a couple of young developmental bodies at guard and center seem to be needed.
It's just really hard to play a physical style of football when they likely don't practice it, because it isn't really in the playbook anyway.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
>Looks at title
"Hmm, this'll be controversial"

>Looks at author
"Ah shit, this is about to be the most sarcastic post in the world"

Ya got me @renofox

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
He said that on Brock and Sock. Either he's trying to stand up for Adams or he's gone senile
Well apparently we can LOSE horribly and still have played a 'good game' - so cognitive dissonance isn't just for breakfast anymore.

And Denial isn't just a river in Egypt.

OP
OP
renofox

renofox

Reaction score
>Looks at title
"Hmm, this'll be controversial"

>Looks at author
"Ah shit, this is about to be the most sarcastic post in the world"

Ya got me @renofox
I'm trying as hard as I can. Maybe with more practice I'll get better at this whole POSITIVITY thing.

It's just so hard! But I've heard that practice makes perfect. Give me time, and I'm sure I can make the transition from toxic positivity to delusional optimism.

Jville

Reaction score

For the most part the above read is mostly trapped within a bubble of negativity.

In my opinion, not at all representative of the threads stated topic.

More along the lines of setting a snare or narrative trap.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
DK got over 1000 yds and played great.

K9 was a stud. So elusive.

If we lose next week or the week after, I truly believe Pete is gone. I now look forward to that as a positive thing for the club.