Time for some POSITIVITY!

nanomoz

Reaction score
Brilliant.

Do we know for sure Lucas's knee issue is chronic? I read somewhere that's it's not the same injury.

If so, what a bummer.

OP
OP
renofox

renofox

Reaction score
For the most part the above read is mostly trapped within a bubble of negativity.

In my opinion, not at all representative of the threads stated topic.
As I said, I'm new at this POSITIVITY thing and can use some coaching to get better at it.

I directly addressed the positives of the 4 young OL still on the roster by highlighting their positives:

Cross - Lots of posters here focused on all of his whiffs. I countered that by saying he was our best starter. Should I not have mentioned that his performance hasn't yet met the expectations of a top-10 pick? Is having expectations that he may live up to his draft position not a positive?

Lucas - I said he was a top-5 RT when he is healthy enough to play. Should I have not mentioned that we need a RT who can start consistently due to his health issues?

Olu and Bradford - i said I had high confidence that they could develop into plus-starters. Should I not have positively advocated that the Seahawks should hire coaches that can help them?

To me, it looks like I've highlighted all the positives and even tried to look at all the negatives in a positive light.

I guess I'm doing it wrong. Any guidance would be appreciated.

OP
OP
renofox

renofox

Reaction score
Brilliant.

Do we know for sure Lucas's knee issue is chronic? I read somewhere that's it's not the same injury.

If so, what a bummer.
PC described it as a "chronic knee issue" in multiple interviews and conferences.

AZHawk

Reaction score
Don't forget - continuity is big for the OL. Bringing back one starter will be HUGE! It will help in the goal of having a top-26 OL next year!
Apparently the line between an improved attitude and sarcasm is a fine one...

OP
OP
renofox

renofox

Reaction score
The Seahawks are 47-35 since Reno joined the fire Pete Carroll bandwagon.
And BB is 301-163 plus playoffs 31-13 with six SB victories, the last being the 2018 season.

He's about to be fired.

BB is the GOAT, and he's toast 5 seasons later. That's what happens when you have competent ownership and a coach who has shown a regressive trend line for 5 years straight.

PC has a 10-year trend line that is definitely not pointing upwards.

It's far past time.

edit: I almost forgot the POSITIVITY.

If we hire a new coach, there's a good chance he'll perform at a high level. If we hire a coach who doesn't we can fire him and try again for a good coach. See; Mora/PC.

If we keep PC, there's a chance his next 10-year plan might work!!! 🌈 πŸ¦„πŸŒˆπŸ¦„πŸŒˆπŸ¦„

Last edited:

Jville

Reaction score
Brilliant.

If so, what a bummer.

We don't know.

I've speculated that he might have a chronic knee condition as have other fans.

But to my knowledge, no medical assessment has been published.

Jville

Reaction score
And BB is 301-163 plus playoffs 31-13 with six SB victories, the last being the 2018 season.

He's about to be fired.

BB is the GOAT, and he's toast 5 seasons later. That's what happens when you have competent ownership and a coach who has shown a regressive trend line for 5 years straight.

PC has a 10-year trend line that is definitely not pointing upwards.

It's far past time.

edit: I almost forgot the POSITIVITY.

If we hire a new coach, there's a good chance he'll perform at a high level. If we hire a coach who doesn't we can fire him and try again for a good coach. See; Mora/PC.

If we keep PC, there's a chance his next 10-year plan might work!!! 🌈 πŸ¦„πŸŒˆπŸ¦„πŸŒˆπŸ¦„

A lot of work to do before escaping the self imposed trap of negativity.

Pete Carroll, Mr. Positivity, sets and outstanding example.

OP
OP
renofox

renofox

Reaction score
A lot of work to do before escaping the self imposed trap of negativity.

Pete Carroll, Mr. Positivity, sets and outstanding example.
I know, and I'm trying.

PC just exudes positivity all over the place. Even though it isn't working for him this year, I'll try positivity that NEXT year it's going to work great and all the players will embrace the I'M ALL IN energy and put forth full effort and gel into a playoffs-competitve team.

RUN IT BACK!!! 🌈 πŸŒˆπŸŒˆπŸ¦„πŸ¦„πŸ¦„

Jville

Reaction score
I know, and I'm trying.

PC just exudes positivity all over the place. Even though it isn't working for him this year, I'll try positivity that NEXT year it's going to work great and all the players will embrace the I'M ALL IN energy and put forth full effort and gel into a playoffs-competitve team.

RUN IT BACK!!! 🌈 πŸŒˆπŸŒˆπŸ¦„πŸ¦„πŸ¦„

I'm guessing there is some confusion between confusing attitude/outlook with outcomes/results.

Perhaps if you focus more on details of the journey rather than the end of year end outcome, the season and the games would provide more enjoyment for you. Fan joy is found thru the process of recognizing player and team development over the course of the year. It takes an investment in time and thought on the part of the fan to follow, understand and appreciate the season.

Jville

Reaction score

renofox,​

My positivity pails in comparison to Pete's. But if I were to offer an opinion of the status of the center position, it might read something along the lines of ................

Centers:

Evan Brown has shown a lot of what he can do at center and guard. As a free agent he will have a voice in what his price will be and where he signs to play next year.

Olu Oluwatime has seen some game snaps and grown during his first year of Seahawk orientation. His growth and upside will be something to enjoy over the next 3 years of his rookie contract.

Joey Hent spent the entire year on the practice squad helping active team mates repare for upcoming games during the week. We fans are mostly in the dark as to the contribution of scout team memebers. Joey has so much of what Angela Dickworth described in her book GRIT: THE POWER of PASSION and PERSEVERANCE. Joey has yet to give up.

Best Wishes renofox.

OP
OP
renofox

renofox

Reaction score
I'm guessing there is some confusion between confusing attitude/outlook with outcomes/results.

Perhaps if you focus more on details of the journey rather than the end of year end outcome, the season and the games would provide more enjoyment for you. Fan joy is found thru the process of recognizing player and team development over the course of the year. It takes an investment in time and thought on the part of the fan to follow, understand and appreciate the season.
I've always loved the team-building process. The last few years of drafts have been very good from my point of view, even though my pre-draft perspective on needed strategies was highly divergent from the actual results.

Even with the divergence, I remained positive in thought and deed as I watched the young guys contribute their outstanding talent to the Seahawks.

But then the results on the field got in the way, but probably not in the way you're thinking.

I am highly invested in football after playing for almost 20 years. At this stage in my life, winning and losing is not my primary reason for watching. I just want to see good football being played by devoted athletes.

To experience that, finding the athletes is the easy part. I enjoy watching superstars, but I am just as happy watching mid- to top-tier athletes as long as they are playing competently in a well designed scheme.

The hard part is finding the right GM, HC, and coaching staff. Even a TEAM of non-stars is fun to watch if they're playing good football. Watch the Rams as a neutral observer and you see a mediocre defense, but it is FUN to watch because you see the whole performing at a level so much higher than the sum of it's parts due to coaching and a TEAM mentality.

PC has not shown any signs of being able to contribute to that level of accomplishment.

I've had 4 careers in my life. Military, Business, Law, Business Owner. All of my education and experience has been focused on team building and leadership. Add in my football playing experience and I thinks it's obvious why football is among my strongest passions.

I've also had been fortunate in my life to be surrounded by extremely high performers, but this has led to one very negative trait - I have no tolerance for under-performers. It has almost always been in my power to move them off my team, but in this case it is not.

I am frustrated that PC is still a member of my Seahawks. He is not performing at an acceptable level, and it has been this way for years. My careers and personality find that level of extended incompetence intolerable.

I know almost all the players have the ability to be good athletes and play well. That is where I get what little POSITIVITY I have.

I am trying to convince myself to transfer that POSITIVITY to PCJS and the coaching staff. 🌈 πŸŒˆπŸŒˆπŸ¦„πŸ¦„πŸ¦„

It's a tough row to hoe for a realist.

Jville

Reaction score
I can share that local volunteerism has had a big impact on rounding out my outlook. Focusing on giving back to my immediate community has opened my eyes from the days when I was to busy to notice. Local networking. Delivering meals to seniors. Home repairs. Fund raising. Donating blood. Seeking out and sharing alternate views and free speech is liberating.

You have already put in your time served. It's your turn now.

Keep growing and stay free my friend.

morgulon1

Reaction score
I've been on the FIRE PC wagon for about 5 years, but since I don't think it's going to happen I am going to try an attitude change.

LET'S RUN IT BACK!!!
(y)(y)(y)

NO NEED FOR A REBUILD! ALL WE NEED IS A FEW MORE PIECES! πŸŒˆπŸŒˆπŸŒˆπŸ¦„πŸ¦„πŸ¦„

Assuming Adams and Diggs are released, PCJS will have almost $30M in cap space to get:

STARTERS
LG, OC, RG, RT
IDL, ILB, ILB
SS, FS

ROTATION
OLB, OLB, IDL, IDL

DEPTH
OT, OG
ILB

WE ONLY NEED 10 NEW STARTERS NEXT YEAR!!! πŸŒˆπŸŒˆπŸŒˆπŸ¦„πŸ¦„πŸ¦„

WE HAVE ALMOST $2M/EACH TO SPEND TO REPLACE THESE NEEDS! THAT'S PLENTY!!!

AND our Coordinators were just in the Sophomore Slump! They're both gonna really elevate next year and be AWESOME!!!

The Seahawks are in GREAT SHAPE! Everything is right on schedule for PCJS's 10-year rebuild retool reload plan! πŸŒˆπŸŒˆπŸŒˆπŸ¦„πŸ¦„πŸ¦„

2024 is THE year! I'M IN!

LET'S RUN IT BACK WITH PC!!!

🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈

πŸ¦„πŸ¦„πŸ¦„πŸ¦„πŸ¦„πŸ¦„πŸ¦„πŸ¦„πŸ¦„πŸ¦„
Will they get after it in practice and know what's in front of them ? You know ,
The CHAMPIONSHIP OPPORTUNITY 😜?

HELL YEAH!!!