TJ vs the Cards?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Largent80":25y9g034 said:
This game has turned into the 4th pre season game and should be approached that way.

Why would you say this when;

1. Seedings are still on the line for both teams
2. Both coaches have said otherwise

Jville

Reaction score
I doubt TJ would have survived the Rams game. I sincerely doubt he could survive the upcoming Cards game.

They are running out of replacement tight ends to chip block. Their 6th lineman is occupied at left tackle so no extra help to work the edge. Their running back candidates are more focused on attempting to establish themselves as runners than on pass protection. They have resisted playing either of their two rookie lineman. But now that they are running out of bigger blocking bodies, maybe their hand will be forced.

Largent80

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2uzcqmid said:
Largent80":2uzcqmid said:
This game has turned into the 4th pre season game and should be approached that way.

I say it because it is the way I feel, I'm not a coach, I'm a casual observer that just saw my team and it's coaches get outplayed on their own field.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
I would play everyone who is able. Pedal to the medal. This is the best test they can have before the playoffs.

It's more important to be sharp, especially coming off a sloppy game.

They don't have enough to players to go "all backups" anyway. There's no way Pete's going to go through the exercise of picking who's valuable enough to sit. If you want to protect everyone, you have your best players on the field -- the ones who can keep the game short and protect each position.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Largent80":1z9rjr1x said:
Sgt. Largent":1z9rjr1x said:
Largent80":1z9rjr1x said:

I say it because it is the way I feel, I'm not a coach, I'm a casual observer that just saw my team and it's coaches get outplayed on their own field.

Cool, just wanted to confirm you had no logic or reason behind your statement.

massari

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":dirhi7pd said:
Scottemojo":dirhi7pd said:
I see no gain from Russ playing a whole game vs the Cards. Maybe a series or two, but after that, Russ can stand next to Bevell and help suggest plays.

Huh?

So you're saying there's no difference between going to Lambeau Field where we haven't won in forever and going to DC where we've won and played well?

Sorry, big difference.

Would you rather have a healthy Wilson at GB/MIN or a one legged Wilson playing at WSH?

Rest Wilson and whoever else needs it please.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Doesn't the panther loss mean that the cards are potentially playing for a #1 seed?

I might be wrong but if not, I see them bringing it all.
We either play everybody and go for it, or sit our #1's and play it safe.

I see no reason for any option in the middle.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
massari":1l3mmp3c said:
Sgt. Largent":1l3mmp3c said:
Scottemojo":1l3mmp3c said:
I see no gain from Russ playing a whole game vs the Cards. Maybe a series or two, but after that, Russ can stand next to Bevell and help suggest plays.

Huh?

So you're saying there's no difference between going to Lambeau Field where we haven't won in forever and going to DC where we've won and played well?

Sorry, big difference.

Would you rather have a healthy Wilson at GB/MIN or a one legged Wilson playing at WSH?

Rest Wilson and whoever else needs it please.

If Russell's not healthy, Pete won't play him. So your question isn't a valid one.

Pete doesn't play the "what if someone might get hurt game"...............he has a very strict protocol for player's having to practice and show they're ready to go. If Russell's good to go, then I'm fine with him playing against Arizona.

Cause I can guarantee you, if we sit Russell, get spanked, go to Lambeau and lose then everyone's 2nd guessing Pete for sitting his players and costing us the 5 seed.

So let's not worry about it. It's go time.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
two weeks ago the Cardinals barely beat the Vikings, the Seahawks rolled the Ravens and most people saw them as one and done while we were the team noone wanted to face. two games against struggling opponents later and a poor effort in a fairly meaningless game and they are the class of the NFL and can beat us if we rolled out Largent, Easley, Galloway, the Boz and Joe Nash

Its why this is the most successful league in all of sports.

Reaction score
By the time we play our game vs the Tards, the Carolina game will be decided. A Carolina win over TB gives them the #1 seed. AZ, at that point, will have NOTHING to play for......resting players will become priority for BOTH teams !!!
I do believe Seattle must find a way to win this game though - - as a trip to Green Bay is NOT what I want to see. A Minnesota win (not gonna happen) would send us back to the 1,000 Lakes area, but then would have us going onto Arizona in the divisional round......If at all possible, I would like a trip to DC and then onto Carolina....and then onto NFCCG !!
:stirthepot: :stirthepot: :stirthepot:

IndyHawk

Reaction score
They were talking of putting Carolina game on at same time .

Followthelegion

Reaction score
glowingeyedseahawk":ernib4rw said:
By the time we play our game vs the Tards, the Carolina game will be decided. A Carolina win over TB gives them the #1 seed. AZ, at that point, will have NOTHING to play for......resting players will become priority for BOTH teams !!!
I do believe Seattle must find a way to win this game though - - as a trip to Green Bay is NOT what I want to see. A Minnesota win (not gonna happen) would send us back to the 1,000 Lakes area, but then would have us going onto Arizona in the divisional round......If at all possible, I would like a trip to DC and then onto Carolina....and then onto NFCCG !!
:stirthepot: :stirthepot: :stirthepot:

No this is not the case, they have moved the Carolina game to kick off later at the same time as Arizona.

For what its worth, I don't want Russell, Doug, Kam, Earl, Bobby, Sherm, Bennett and Avril out there in Arizona. Minnesota might beat GB in this shape and I have no problem going up there again.

formido

Reaction score
Think carefully about what we know of the Seahawks. They use the first half of games to probe and feel out their opponents. They use the first halves of seasons to probe and feel out their team and are willing to risk wins for a deeper understanding. And in 2013, it looked an awful lot like they sandbagged after they built a good lead for the #1 seed.

Seattle treats everything in the season strategically with an eye toward the Super Bowl[1].

It's naive to think Seattle won't take care with what they show in these situations. Heck we even know from player and staff comments that yesterday St. Louis played different coverages than they had all year on defense--and the stakes were a lot lower[2]. Arizona will be motivated to pull out all the stops for this game, as the #1 seed is on the line, a material advantage to making the Super Bowl. On the other hand, Seattle doesn't have much incentive to show their entire hand--Green Bay, Minnesota, and Washington are all mediocre teams--and I'm sure they won't. If Seattle somehow wins this game, it bodes extremely well for the postseason since they'll be playing with one hand tied behind their back next week. By the same token, if they don't win, no biggie.

[1] The Patriots do this too.
[2] Well, lower in most people's minds. We well know that St. Louis cares about Seattle more than anything else. :)

hawk45

Reaction score
This is why the Rams game was a little important. If we don't look like dog crap that game Pete is probably much more sanguine about sitting Russ for this one.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Kind of goes against your own "Always Compete" mantra if you sit guys in a game of importance against the best team in the conference.

I'm sorry, but you treat this game like its Week 1. Sitting guys would have made sense if the 5 seed were locked up.. but not now.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
glowingeyedseahawk":aublu02n said:
By the time we play our game vs the Tards, the Carolina game will be decided. A Carolina win over TB gives them the #1 seed. AZ, at that point, will have NOTHING to play for......resting players will become priority for BOTH teams !!!:

Wrong, both games start at 1:25 PT

Maybe at half the Carolina game will be decided, but aside from that.. Arizona is playing everyone

seahawks08

Reaction score
I agree, play them all who can play, you don't protect anyone from getting injured, the same can happen in the play off game. Freakish plays and things can happen all the time, we can't shy away from the game. Every game is an opportunity to win, if we win and get the 5th seed, the odds of hosting a play off game is near zero, but if we get the 6th seed, it is zero.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
TJ?Hell no.Play to win/Can't be scared/Anyone can get hurt including Card players/Fight or Die/GOHAWKS!!

Rob12

Reaction score
Personally, I'd rather not finish the season with two consecutive division losses. For as bad as the Packers have looked this season, I don't want our team traveling to Lambeau to take on Aaron Rodgers right off of the bat. I'm not a big conspiracy guy but I'd be very nervous for that game because the NFL would probably like nothing more than one of their golden boys to send the Seahawks to an early exit.

Our coaches don't coach scared. It's not their philosophy. We're playing for the No. 5 seed, which is a pretty big deal, so I don't think they want this game to be DOA before the opening kickoff. Plus, Russ and the offense is on a roll, despite some hiccups last week, and I don't think sitting him would be that conducive to the continuing growth of the offense.

If you sit Russ, why not just sit most starters and roll with depth? I mean if you're handing the game to Arizona before the team plane touches down in the desert, guys like Bennett, Sherman, Earl, ADB, Wagner, Avril, Wright, and Irvin should sit as well. I guarantee all of them are nursing different types of injuries.

I mean, it's an honest and genuine question - if you sit Russ, why not just play mostly depth for the entire game?

I don't think we'll ever see a PC team not put their best team on the field. Maybe I'm wrong and he's confident in a belief that playoff seeding/opponents don't matter. But I really kind of doubt that.

Latest posts