To the Out With Pete people

W

Welshers

Who would you rather have? Serious question. I see tons of people saying get Pete out of here but very few people are offering suggestions. Personally I am against firing Pete. Who stands out to you? Saleh? Can't see him coming here. Who would you guys want running the team?

But we all know it won't happen. He has been in the playoffs almost every year since he got here. We are always competitive. It is extremely unlikely he won't at least coach out his extension. But I got ripped in another thread for asking this and still haven't got an answer on who people would want as the HC

TypeSly

Reaction score
I think this everytime I see a "fire Pete" thread or post. Who, and why specifically would you want that person? I think most people that want him gone, haven't really thought about who they would want, and what that person would do specifically different, and how that would turn around the team.

Seahawk fans have to be the biggest whiners for fans of an 8-4 team. And not to mention this has been going on since our first loss at 5-1. :roll:

djb28

Reaction score
Fire Bevel, Fire Cable, Fire, Fire Shotty, Fire Pete. It really doesn't matter who we have doing what, They want them gone.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
I think Saleh would be fine, but i'd prefer a more offensive minded coach. I don't mind PC, for that matter, but feel his restrictions on the offense limit the team's best weapons.

Nunya

Reaction score
massari":6n50milu said:
Welshers":6n50milu said:
Who stands out to you? Saleh? Can't see him coming here.
Why not?
Leh e57420f7 865c 416d 8ef6 a902eacab4c resize 750

Because some people said "why not?" to Jim Mora Jr..

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
I dont have any actual names right now (have to wait until after the season to see whos available, but I would love to have a younger, more innovative coach that doesnr handcuff his coordinators.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Nunya":30opz6pa said:
massari":30opz6pa said:
Welshers":30opz6pa said:
Who stands out to you? Saleh? Can't see him coming here.
Why not?
Leh e57420f7 865c 416d 8ef6 a902eacab4c resize 750

Because some people said "why not?" to Jim Mora Jr..

And if they had gotten a slightly more competent coach, Pete may not have happened. Sometimes you have to take the chance there may be a step back.

xray

Reaction score
What stood out in the Giants game was that the team seems to be losing confidence in itself and Carroll . IMO

Jerhawk

Reaction score
JayhawkMike":1a9d5j5b said:
Eric Bienemy.

It’s a risk but a good one.

Bingo. This guy would bring Andy Reed's system over and will allow Russ to cook. Russell would look like a culinary maistro. It would be magically delicious.

Then he can hire Dan Quinn as defensive coordinator. Boom Super Bowl.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Pete is frustrating. So yes, there is plenty to complain about as he leaves chips on the table.

He is old. He is on the downside of his career. He has surrounded himself with below-par assistants, or maybe just hamstrung them. But he is a winning coach. True, the chances he even reaches another SB are near zero. Every day he edges closer to turning into a 'less dirty Jeff Fischer' territory. But the day they remove him, the Seahawks lose the consistency of being a playoff team for near a decade.

Pete won't change. So the idea that we can jettison some part (like the incompetent coordinator penchant) is unlikely.

Yes, this team will almost certainly never really be a serious playoff contender while he is here. (At least SB/Conference championship type). Honestly, I doubt he wins another division playoff game again. But he will reach the playoffs regularly until he leaves.

To jettison him you must be OK with suddenly losing much more for the 10-20% chance that you might find a coach that can really use Wilson. For that slim chance that we might get another SB or at least win a meaningful playoff game since the SB loss.

This team has been a consistent winner, though a bit of playoff dud admittedly since the SB loss. There is a great deal of payoff for fans in the regular season you would be trading away on a low chance gamble.

Norton, I can see firing. I honestly don't care who you replace him with. I do not think you can do worse. I don't think he has the intelligence or acumen for the job. That has been clear for some time as he has never once even flashed a moment of understanding the tactics or strategy necessary to succeed at the job.

But Pete?

As much as there is little future with him, little chance of playoff success, and almost no possibility of long-term success given he will get worse over time - you go with him as long as possible because winning coaches tend to win while mediocre coaches tread water. The chances of getting a winning coach are tremendously low. The chances of getting a long-term winning coach are even worse.

We still have a winning program (even though it fizzles out in the playoffs). The day we remove him the odds are we won't.

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
This is dumb man. Pete isnt going anywhere. The hell with anybody trying to take his spot or remove him. I hope all the crybabies put their pacifier back in and hold their tongue the next few weeks and beyond. We are playoffs. Every year. Regardless. I still think we are more than playoffs this year.

Nope to beienmy!
Hell no to saleh!
Hell no to any other pretender!

You guys are really asking to start over instead of being yearly contenders. Its dumb. So dumb.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":9pybfj70 said:
Pete is frustrating. So yes, there is plenty to complain about as he leaves chips on the table.

He is old. He is on the downside of his career. He has surrounded himself with below-par assistants, or maybe just hamstrung them. But he is a winning coach. True, the chances he even reaches another SB are near zero. Every day he edges closer to turning into a 'less dirty Jeff Fischer' territory. But the day they remove him, the Seahawks lose the consistency of being a playoff team for near a decade.

Pete won't change. So the idea that we can jettison some part (like the incompetent coordinator penchant) is unlikely.

Yes, this team will almost certainly never really be a serious playoff contender while he is here. (At least SB/Conference championship type). Honestly, I doubt he wins another division playoff game again. But he will reach the playoffs regularly until he leaves.

To jettison him you must be OK with suddenly losing much more for the 10-20% chance that you might find a coach that can really use Wilson. For that slim chance that we might get another SB or at least win a meaningful playoff game since the SB loss.

This team has been a consistent winner, though a bit of playoff dud admittedly since the SB loss. There is a great deal of payoff for fans in the regular season you would be trading away on a low chance gamble.

Norton, I can see firing. I honestly don't care who you replace him with. I do not think you can do worse. I don't think he has the intelligence or acumen for the job. That has been clear for some time as he has never once even flashed a moment of understanding the tactics or strategy necessary to succeed at the job.

But Pete?

As much as there is little future with him, little chance of playoff success, and almost no possibility of long-term success given he will get worse over time - you go with him as long as possible because winning coaches tend to win while mediocre coaches tread water. The chances of getting a winning coach are tremendously low. The chances of getting a long-term winning coach are even worse.

We still have a winning program (even though it fizzles out in the playoffs). The day we remove him the odds are we won't.

Agreed.

If Wilson is really as good as we think he can be.

He is definitely hampered by how much Carroll restricts this offense.

McCarthy got a ring in GB, and couldn’t get a second, got boring and stale, Rodgers was dissatisfied, and McCarthy was moved on from.

And now his successor is doing a dandy job as well with their offense and now Rodgers is in the running to get his second ring.

Who’s to say, it’s not possible? Who’s to say Wilson still loves Carroll?

If Wilson is this talented and can carry this team, any coach can come in and Wilson may win 10 games on his own.

Why continue the frustrations with Carroll. Carroll has plateaued.

Just my assessment.

Feel free to disagree.

TypeSly

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":3ctbckzn said:
TwistedHusky":3ctbckzn said:

But Pete?

Agreed.

If Wilson is really as good as we think he can be.

He is definitely hampered by how much Carroll restricts this offense.

McCarthy got a ring in GB, and couldn’t get a second, got boring and stale, Rodgers was dissatisfied, and McCarthy was moved on from.

And now his successor is doing a dandy job as well with their offense and now Rodgers is in the running to get his second ring.

Who’s to say, it’s not possible? Who’s to say Wilson still loves Carroll?

If Wilson is this talented and can carry this team, any coach can come in and Wilson may win 10 games on his own.

Why continue the frustrations with Carroll. Carroll has plateaued.

Just my assessment.

Feel free to disagree.

Not agreeing, or disagreeing. I still don't see any answers to the original question on whom to replace him with. I see names being thrown out there, but no real reasons behind those names.

On another note, I've never heard of a coach getting fired from 5-1 all the way to 8-4, but people here just want him out, out, out with really no real tangible reasoning behind it.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
And that is really it.

The only reason to get rid of Pete is because:

1 - Wilson demands it.

2 - You think you might lose Wilson later if you don't.

Unless you feel this is something the Wilson camp will want, it would make no sense.

Because the whole impetus would be that Wilson under another coach would do better and you only have a HOF QB in their prime for a short period of time. Winning wildcard games and then losing the next game regularly is not the best use of that resource.

It hinges on whether you think Wilson could/should be doing more and is either being held back, not properly supported, or not being given the contributions by the coaching staff that would make us more successful in the playoffs.

TypeSly

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":mo2dytwh said:
And that is really it.

The only reason to get rid of Pete is because:

1 - Wilson demands it.

2 - You think you might lose Wilson later if you don't.

Unless you feel this is something the Wilson camp will want, it would make no sense.

Because the whole impetus would be that Wilson under another coach would do better and you only have a HOF QB in their prime for a short period of time. Winning wildcard games and then losing the next game regularly is not the best use of that resource.

It hinges on whether you think Wilson could/should be doing more and is either being held back, not properly supported, or not being given the contributions by the coaching staff that would make us more successful in the playoffs.

Btw, Twisted, I wasn't talking to you. So far you've given the best answers on here. I actually didn't know that the Wilson camp wanted Pete gone.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Sly, No confusion on the Wilson being unsatisfied with Carroll. He never said that. I didn't say he did.

But I will say that Wilson is very focused on what he wants. Remember the joke that said if you had the life Wilson had, you would believe the stuff he says too? It is clear he wants to leave a legacy and at some point he will realize (if not already) that he will not achieve the rest of that legacy under Carroll.

He wants to be in that conversation with Mahomes. You know he does. It is how he is wired.

So there is nothing being said that he is not satisfied with Carroll. No implication.

The one tiny bit is that his camp apparently threatened Carroll into throwing more this year. Ostensibly that is where the 'Let Russ Cook' phrase came from(...and why he might have wanted to trademark it, if his camp created it!). So it is certainly a crack in the armor and as Carroll has shifted away from Let Russ Cook, the door is open to create problems.

Ultimately this all comes down to Wilson. His camp was clearly pushing the narrative that he wants/needs more control of this offense. As he starts to assert control, over a coach that well known for being completely control oriented - we might have a potential for conflict.

And that is the key. What Wilson wants will drive whatever change happens.