To the Out With Pete people

jammerhawk

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":1m5qdu5f said:
cymatica":1m5qdu5f said:
Even the best coach of our generation went a decade without a SB win, and he is considered one of the best game planners with one of the best QBs.

The Hawks are going on 6 years with a coach who is considered a terrible game planner. Not real confidence inspiring.

Pitt, this is simply your opinion and perhaps it is so biased by your negative views of PC that you need to indicate that there is general support for your view that Pete is a terrible game planner. Show us the other viewpoints that indicate he is in fact considered a terrible game planner. I simply disagree with this view and point like others to very lengthy record of success as the Hawks HC as a contra indicator. However go ahead and continue to spew out your bias and negative views, the record is not on your side.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
"going on 6 years with a coach who is considered a terrible game planner"

Maybe by a lot of people who have not been Seahawks for the duration. We've seen out share of coaches and we've seen our organization on (what may seem slow to some but is) a steady upward trend. Seahawks have qualified for a playoff berth during PC's tenure at a FAR more consistent rate than during any other comparable span of team existence. A coach who is a "terrible game planner" does not achieve that kind of success.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
jammerhawk":8wr57bxg said:
pittpnthrs":8wr57bxg said:
cymatica":8wr57bxg said:
Even the best coach of our generation went a decade without a SB win, and he is considered one of the best game planners with one of the best QBs.

The Hawks are going on 6 years with a coach who is considered a terrible game planner. Not real confidence inspiring.

Pitt, this is simply your opinion and perhaps it is so biased by your negative views of PC that you need to indicate that there is general support for your view that Pete is a terrible game planner. Show us the other viewpoints that indicate he is in fact considered a terrible game planner. I simply disagree with this view and point like others to very lengthy record of success as the Hawks HC as a contra indicator. However go ahead and continue to spew out your bias and negative views, the record is not on your side.

Just my opinion? I thought it was common knowledge. As some have said, Petes probably the best coach in the league Mondays through Saturday, but when it comes to Sundays and the X's and O's, he is lacking. How many times does he refuse to adapt a game plan when his isnt working, mismanages the clock, resorts back to typical Pete ball without the players and talent to execute it, relies on the magic of Russ to bail them out in the fourth quarter, lays eggs for entire halves, sounds delusional in his pressers trying to explain how he had no answers for what the other team was doing, etc,,,? It happens all the time. I realize you love Pete and he gets a free pass, but sometimes you have to admit the obvious.

I'm watching the red hot Cardinals (sarcasm) beating up on those juggernaut Giants with their 1st string QB and awesome defense (sarcasm again) and just shaking my head.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Appyhawk":2x93bus5 said:
"going on 6 years with a coach who is considered a terrible game planner"

Maybe by a lot of people who have not been Seahawks for the duration. We've seen out share of coaches and we've seen our organization on (what may seem slow to some but is) a steady upward trend. Seahawks have qualified for a playoff berth during PC's tenure at a FAR more consistent rate than during any other comparable span of team existence. A coach who is a "terrible game planner" does not achieve that kind of success.

That upward trend stopped 5 years ago. No other coach in the teams existence had a franchise QB like Wilson either. Russ guarantees 9 to 10 wins a year automatically. Holmgren did more with less on the coaching front.

NJlargent

Reaction score
Put kitna in Wilson’s place and Carroll would be another Erickson.

nwHawk

Reaction score
Pete creates an environment to allow top talent to excell. However, talent and health are major factors as to if a team reaches it's peak each season.

I'd argue depth has been a major factor as to why this team has been a cut below the elites the past four years. Is David Moore a #3 WR on any other contending team? For a team that prides defense, it took Carlos Dunlap to make this defense respectable. The backup offensive tackle situation looks rough.

John Schneider has acquired and drafted some gems, but he should shoulder a bit more blame regarding the overall team issues. It's not all Pete. For the record, I'll take the next few seasons.

nwHawk

Reaction score
NJlargent":1prmfa6s said:

Kitna on this team would mean more money available at various positions. The way Pete coaches, this team could easily maintain a 10-6 record with a 1st round loss each season. LOB made this a super bowl contender, but those guys are gone.

edogg23

Reaction score
Look at what the Cardinals are doing to the Giants with their starting QB playing. That loss one one of the worst losses the Seahawks have had in the PC era. Russ looks hesitant like someone is in his ear telling him to protect the ball over everything else. The D was playing soft against a backup.
If your just trying to hang around with the other team you have already lost. Pete needs to find his pair or realize he has lost it.

NJlargent

Reaction score
nwHawk":7tyj1pqy said:
NJlargent":7tyj1pqy said:

Kitna on this team would mean more money available at various positions. The way Pete coaches, this team could easily maintain a 10-6 record with a 1st round loss each season. LOB made this a super bowl contender, but those guys are gone.

That’s a good point. I’m skeptical about the money wisely going to other positions though. We had a ton of cap space this off-season and might as well set the money on fire.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
nwHawk":10m68pe4 said:
Pete creates an environment to allow top talent to excell. However, talent and health are major factors as to if a team reaches it's peak each season.

I'd argue depth has been a major factor as to why this team has been a cut below the elites the past four years. Is David Moore a #3 WR on any other contending team? For a team that prides defense, it took Carlos Dunlap to make this defense respectable. The backup offensive tackle situation looks rough.

John Schneider has acquired and drafted some gems, but he should shoulder a bit more blame regarding the overall team issues. It's not all Pete. For the record, I'll take the next few seasons.
Pete has the all of the power over personnel. Schneider cant do anything without Pete signing off, and he can override Schneider. In fact, Pete hired, and chose Schneider himself.

nwHawk

Reaction score
I somewhat agree. But if you remember, Pete rejected himself into the draft process in 2018. Parameters on players changed. Before that we had several blaw drafts, that said something. Pete gives guys a rope, sometimes guys hang themselves, sometimes the breakout.