Today’s PC

hawkfannj

Reaction score
My observations Carol’s arrogance was glaring in this ,seemed almost annoyed that people wanted an answer for how we couldn’t adapt. that seem to be a recurring theme .he had zero answers for this and dodged it greatly .he wants all the coaching staff to come back no changes will be made significantly anyway. Delusional at best on how we lost that game and why .in my opinion will be the same team as we were the last six years no big changes are coming so don’t expect anything significant .we get what we get it is what it is it’s pretty much the words that came out his mouth in my opinion anyway.
Is what it is no need to get mad about it we all know Pete Carroll we’re gonna have to live with it it could be worse

Hawaii-hawk

Reaction score
Our quality of opponents wasn’t even very good. Never had to face any of the top teams. Of the 14 teams that made the playoffs we only played 3 of them, one of which was garbage and the other 2 trounced us 3 out of 4 times played.

Basically, we barely skated by the bottom half of the league, looked god-awful on one side of the ball or the other throughout all of it, and we’re not gonna change anything.

Except we’ll probably be facing much better competition next go round and from what I’ve been hearing about our cap and draft prospects and FAs, we aren’t going to field as strong a team.

I think we are screwed.

JPatera76

Reaction score
Hawaii-hawk":2c0x505f said:
Our quality of opponents wasn’t even very good. Never had to face any of the top teams. Of the 14 teams that made the playoffs we only played 3 of them, one of which was garbage and the other 2 trounced us 3 out of 4 times played.

Basically, we barely skated by the bottom half of the league, looked god-awful on one side of the ball or the other throughout all of it, and we’re not gonna change anything.

Except we’ll probably be facing much better competition next go round and from what I’ve been hearing about our cap and draft prospects and FAs, we aren’t going to field as strong a team.

I think we are screwed.

I haven’t looked at it like this.. but the more I think about it. Yup, this feels true

AgentDib

Reaction score
The press conference today was an example of good leadership. The media was badgering Pete throughout to assign blame publicly to players and coaches and he refused to do so, even though he could have shifted much of the blame from himself. He kept trying to move the focus onto the future because that is what matters for the mindset of those inside the building. You can be frustrated that you didn't get your moment of schadenfreude but that isn't helpful for the team and Pete's job is to put the team first, not the angry press conference watcher.

It's also interesting how quick some are to jump on the incomplete quote "I would never anticipate changes in my coaching staff." The full quote is entirely reasonable and what I think you would want out of your own boss and how you would treat any of your own employees. "I would never anticipate changes in my coaching staff and share that with you... we have work to do, we have a ton of evaluations to do to figure things out.. and that's just beginning." Anybody running with that partial quote is deliberately taking him out of context and worth ignoring going forwards.

xray

Reaction score
5 more years . :snack:

LoneHawkFan

Reaction score
AgentDib":399oa1nn said:
The press conference today was an example of good leadership. The media was badgering Pete throughout to assign blame publicly to players and coaches and he refused to do so, even though he could have shifted much of the blame from himself. He kept trying to move the focus onto the future because that is what matters for the mindset of those inside the building. You can be frustrated that you didn't get your moment of schadenfreude but that isn't helpful for the team and Pete's job is to put the team first, not the angry press conference watcher.

It's also interesting how quick some are to jump on the incomplete quote "I would never anticipate changes in my coaching staff." The full quote is entirely reasonable and what I think you would want out of your own boss and how you would treat any of your own employees. "I would never anticipate changes in my coaching staff... and share that with you... we have work to do, we have a ton of evaluations to do to figure things out.. and that's just beginning." Anybody running with that partial quote is deliberately taking him out of context and worth ignoring going forwards.

I think you're dead wrong here^. Do you really believe that the players just want to move forward and not address what may or may not have been the issues leading to the loss? There is zero reality in that; the players want to address what happened. Why would they ever even watch film? Just focus on the future? Come on man. You can't fix for the future without dissecting what happened this season. No way. The press is trying to figure out what happened this season, and the Head Coach will not address it. I don't consider that leadership. Do you think those guys "inside the building" need Pete to "protect" them from hard questions and public critique? LOL.

AgentDib

Reaction score
The human tendency is to dwell on the loss and assign blame, and there's certainly nothing wrong with fans spending our disappointing off-season doing just that.

Good management is trying to move the players past that to focus on the future which can still be changed and improved. The past is sunk, and living in the past is completely unproductive. This is true whether the past outcome is good or bad.

It's really no different from any other management position. A poor manager may deal with the loss of a sales contract by finding a scapegoat and throwing blame around, while the better manager will focus entirely on the new contract. That involves learning from the past and dealing with issues behind closed doors, but there is no element where public shaming improves the process.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Yikes

[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/1348689325383315457[/tweet]

chris98251

Reaction score
Told you as did others, Pete was the cause of Russell getting his burners turned off.

Pete didn't adjust, he neutered.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I still like Pete the person, but I’m not liking Pete the coach right now.

I would rather have my head sewn to the carpet then have to hear another one of his PC’s.

Elemas

Reaction score
chris98251":57nczdkq said:
Told you as did others, Pete was the cause of Russell getting his burners turned off.

Pete didn't adjust, he neutered.

Neutered. I like it.

It's true.

hawker84

Reaction score
Pete will never be able to get out of the way of his arrogance... and that'll will hender this team and RW as long as he remains head coach.

Latest posts