Tom Cable- its down to 2

xStickybudz

Reaction score
Come on San Fran you don't need to wait till ATL is done, you can literally have him right NOW. We will also throw in Garry Gilliam at no extra cost

sdog1981

Reaction score
Well until this season Tom Cable was the last Oakland coach to get the team to 8 wins. With Jason Cambell as his QB, so I think he might be ok as a head coach.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/alexmarvez/status/821135787970293760[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/caplannfl/status/821145228237225986[/tweet]

:pray:

nash72

Reaction score
ARhawk":2ec6tpvq said:
HawkGA":2ec6tpvq said:
ARhawk":2ec6tpvq said:
I hope we keep Cable. If he goes to SF and loads up on unproven athletic O-lineman, gives them more than one year to produce before giving up, and creates a cheap dominant line, I'm going to be so pissed.

I still think he can do that here, but we cant call for his head because you expected immediate results from raw players. This line will be good with continuity.

Immediate results? How long has he been here? How many of his draft picks are on the scrap heap? I'm willing to cut somebody slack if they've been given a raw deal, but I just don't see that Cable has.
Immediate results from the players. A lot of his draft picks are playing for other teams on league average or better contracts. Moffitt and Poole are the only "early" round picks not playing right now.

They are playing for other teams because they stunk and not good enough to keep.

nash72

Reaction score
WmHBonney":3vkoqna1 said:
Mcdaniels pulled his name from consideration for the 49ers job. Great. Now we need to go offer him whatever he wants. Bring him in. Now. Promise him the HC job if he sticks around until Pete retires.

THIS. THIS. THIS.

He said he was going to be with the Patriots for 2017, but if I'm Paul Allen, I wait until he's available and offer him the world. Lets get something more out of the talent we have before its dried up.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
How is this even a choice?

Head of the best offense in the league? Or head of the one of the worst O-lines in the league?

To Cable's credit, I do remember M-Rob speaking well of him. Hell, maybe he'd be better off as our OC.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
grizbob":8prwtnor said:
West TX Hawk":8prwtnor said:
Come on San Fran, seal the deal! We're waiting!
:roll:

No need for eyes to roll when Cable has exhausted his ZBS experiment and Wilson and our RBs have gotten smashed as a result. The last thing young OL need is a complicated system to master. Pete has admitted they rely on Cable's imput for OL acquisitions and draft selections and Cable has failed. Perhaps we can do better.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
nash72":3o2m7qpq said:
WmHBonney":3o2m7qpq said:
Mcdaniels pulled his name from consideration for the 49ers job. Great. Now we need to go offer him whatever he wants. Bring him in. Now. Promise him the HC job if he sticks around until Pete retires.

THIS. THIS. THIS.

He said he was going to be with the Patriots for 2017, but if I'm Paul Allen, I wait until he's available and offer him the world. Lets get something more out of the talent we have before its dried up.

While we're at it maybe Paul Allen can give every Seahawk fan 12 million dollars.

Am I pipe dreaming enough?

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":k96a0x71 said:
How is this even a choice?

Head of the best offense in the league? Or head of the one of the worst O-lines in the league?

To Cable's credit, I do remember M-Rob speaking well of him. Hell, maybe he'd be better off as our OC.

Depends how serious York is about the whole winning thing.

Shanahan is going to be a lot pricier than Cable and probably want a lot more say in personnel.

Remember York is going to be paying 3 coaches this year. If he wants to go cheap it'll be Cable.

Hawks46

Reaction score
HawkGA":1ch0rd1t said:
ARhawk":1ch0rd1t said:
I hope we keep Cable. If he goes to SF and loads up on unproven athletic O-lineman, gives them more than one year to produce before giving up, and creates a cheap dominant line, I'm going to be so pissed.

I still think he can do that here, but we cant call for his head because you expected immediate results from raw players. This line will be good with continuity.

Immediate results? How long has he been here? How many of his draft picks are on the scrap heap? I'm willing to cut somebody slack if they've been given a raw deal, but I just don't see that Cable has.

You missed his entire point. Our offensive line is very young and raw, and people want to tear Cable up for not having a dominant OL with one 1st round draft pick and a collection of later draft picks, guys in their position for the 1st time, and some UDFA's.

Now is Cable responsible for the situation ? I can't answer that but the Webb signing didn't work out, the Sowell signing didn't work out, and we're sitting with a bunch of young guys. This OL is incredibly athletic and with some continuity could be really really good.

As with any other coaching change....who do you replace Cable with that you're so much more confident that he's better ?

HawkGA

Reaction score
Hawks46":8prbc3me said:
HawkGA":8prbc3me said:
ARhawk":8prbc3me said:

You missed his entire point. Our offensive line is very young and raw, and people want to tear Cable up for not having a dominant OL with one 1st round draft pick and a collection of later draft picks, guys in their position for the 1st time, and some UDFA's.

Now is Cable responsible for the situation ? I can't answer that but the Webb signing didn't work out, the Sowell signing didn't work out, and we're sitting with a bunch of young guys. This OL is incredibly athletic and with some continuity could be really really good.

As with any other coaching change....who do you replace Cable with that you're so much more confident that he's better ?

You are looking too short term. Cable has had plenty of draft picks over the years. If they had panned out, the team wouldn't have been starting so many rookies and second year players.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Cable doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell against Shanahan.

Seymour

Reaction score
Hawks46":5fz9kqfn said:
You missed his entire point. Our offensive line is very young and raw, and people want to tear Cable up for not having a dominant OL with one 1st round draft pick and a collection of later draft picks, guys in their position for the 1st time, and some UDFA's. .................

Major exaggeration IMO. Most people do not want or think we need a "dominant" Oline. Most agree a mid pack, even say 20th ranked competent Oline would be more than enough to put this team over the top to a championship caliber team. And....Cable has NEVER achieved that in his entire career when it comes to pass protection. Not even in 2013 when we had the highest paid Oline in the NFL.

irocdave

Reaction score
Tom Cable as a head coach for the niners would instill some toughness and you know dam well that little puke owner wouldn't have pulled the shit he has on his HC's the last 3 years on TC. He would provide stability to a floundering organization and bring in some good coordinators and coaches. How am I doing....think they are buying it??

OK, to top off the deal, the Hawks will throw in Bevell for shipping and handling costs only.

Good riddance to Tom Cable. Pete needs to step up and realize he is leaning on the guy that is leading the team down the toilet. If Pete and JS cant pick O lineman, find the guy that can. It dam sure isn't Tom Cable. I say that with the understanding Cable has had major influence in the O line draft picks chosen since he has been here. Look at that track record and tell any fan of any team it's acceptable. It isn't, and it shouldn't be allowed to continue.

chris98251

Reaction score
Well while they wait on Shannahan they may hire a Front office guy from the Seahawks, if so they may go with Cable anyway.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
They need a GM and a HC. How friggin perfect would that be. 2 birds with one stone, and turn our division into one with only 3 viable teams.

Jed york is an imbecile, but not a sadist, so probably just a dream.

OP
OP
seahawkfreak

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
johnnyfever":2r9g7gsx said:
They need a GM and a HC. How friggin perfect would that be. 2 birds with one stone, and turn our division into one with only 3 viable teams.

If SF hires Cable, Bradley wants to be his DC. The 49ers are also interviewing, I think two, Seahawk FO assistants for GM positions as well.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":fv7dwbji said:
johnnyfever":fv7dwbji said:

If SF hires Cable, Bradley wants to be his DC. The 49ers are also interviewing, I think two, Seahawk FO assistants for GM positions as well.

Lol, the Santa Clara Seahawks. How does that grab you, Niners fans?