Tom Cable THANK YOU

seahawksny

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":attwpr4l said:
Thank you for getting fired.

This type of power blocking is magnificent to see. Mixing up blocking schemes, hitting hard and moving people around. Solari coming onboard changed this team more than most people will ever give him credit for.

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2019/12/...3-rashaad-penny-chris-carson-jadeveon-clowney

Add Bevell to that list as well-

I think We have had more threads titled "fire bevell" than any other thread in the history of this forum. Thankfully Schotty has done more than a fine job this year

OP
OP
Sox-n-Hawks

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
seahawksny":270o2qc7 said:
Sox-n-Hawks":270o2qc7 said:

This type of power blocking is magnificent to see. Mixing up blocking schemes, hitting hard and moving people around. Solari coming onboard changed this team more than most people will ever give him credit for.

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2019/12/...3-rashaad-penny-chris-carson-jadeveon-clowney

Add Bevell to that list as well-

I think We have had more threads titled "fire bevell" than any other thread in the history of this forum. Thankfully Schotty has done more than a fine job this year

Agreed.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
We've had Fire Schotty threads too.

I don't think Bevell was a terrible coordinator. I think he was somewhat hamstrung by Cable running ZBS in an era where it was becoming legislated out of the game by rule changes.

I do think that Schotty is a better coordinator than Bevell and is more adept at translating Pete's vision for offensive balance onto the field.

He does need to remember that short passing games can be useful too, but that's my only complaint.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
There is a reason I still haven't changed my sig. Does he still have a job in the NFL? Then he still needs to be fired.

DB was absolutely hamstrung by Cable. It made his average level game plan into a disaster, and made in-game changes to the plan impossible.

Not that DB was above average, but he really was put in an impossible situation.

chrispy

Reaction score
currently

Bevell is OC in Detroit- HC is Patricia
Cable is OL coach in Oakland- HC is Jon Gruden

Jville

Reaction score
Tom Cable is having a good year in Oakland. The change was a win win for everyone.

His offensive line is currently ranked #3 in run blocking and #5 in pass blocking by Football Outsiders. The Raiders may have some holes in their team. But, their offensive line and their line coaching appears to be a team plus. :biggthumpup:

OP
OP
Sox-n-Hawks

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
chrispy":zymzendk said:
currently

Bevell is OC in Detroit- HC is Patricia
Cable is OL coach in Oakland- HC is Jon Gruden

And they still suck.

grizbob

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":3sg1l51s said:

While you're at it, you might thank him for our one and only Lombardi. If not for his plug and play coaching it wouldn't have happened. :roll:

GeekHawk

Reaction score
grizbob":24re07an said:
Sox-n-Hawks":24re07an said:

While you're at it, you might thank him for our one and only Lombardi. If not for his plug and play coaching it wouldn't have happened. :roll:

I'm calling bullshit on this. When we won we still had the leftover Oline and he hadn't fully installed his schemes. It went down every year he was here, he happened to be along for the ride at the time.

Smellyman

Reaction score
GeekHawk":s10y6ow7 said:
grizbob":s10y6ow7 said:
Sox-n-Hawks":s10y6ow7 said:

I'm calling $h!t on this. When we won we still had the leftover Oline and he hadn't fully installed his schemes. It went down every year he was here, he happened to be along for the ride at the time.

Same thing in Oakland now....just wait

grizbob

Reaction score
GeekHawk":25ryj7wa said:
grizbob":25ryj7wa said:
Sox-n-Hawks":25ryj7wa said:

I'm calling $h!t on this. When we won we still had the leftover Oline and he hadn't fully installed his schemes. It went down every year he was here, he happened to be along for the ride at the time.[/quote

I seem to recall a lot of O-line injuries that we had depth for due to his teaching them to play multiple positions. At the time he was being touted as the most innovative coach in the league.

Smellyman

Reaction score
grizbob":bze9djh1 said:
GeekHawk":bze9djh1 said:
grizbob":bze9djh1 said:
Sox-n-Hawks":bze9djh1 said:

I'm calling $h!t on this. When we won we still had the leftover Oline and he hadn't fully installed his schemes. It went down every year he was here, he happened to be along for the ride at the time.[/quote

I seem to recall a lot of O-line injuries that we had depth for due to his teaching them to play multiple positions. At the time he was being touted as the most innovative coach in the league.

By people like Troy Aikman who said that all the way to dthe day he was fired.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Mad Dog":2yu90f8y said:
We've had Fire Schotty threads too.

I don't think Bevell was a terrible coordinator. I think he was somewhat hamstrung by Cable running ZBS in an era where it was becoming legislated out of the game by rule changes.

I do think that Schotty is a better coordinator than Bevell and is more adept at translating Pete's vision for offensive balance onto the field.

He does need to remember that short passing games can be useful too, but that's my only complaint.

Agreed but I believe this more of a Pete thing than a Schotty thing. It was the same under Bevell as it is under Schotty. Pete has mentioned his fondness for explosive plays many times.

Regarding Cable, Josh Jacobs has more to do with Oakland's success than Cable does. Just as Dunn, Duckett, and Vick did for him in Atlanta; Marshawn and Wilson did for him in Seattle. Different places and players but the same story.

Seymour

Reaction score
grizbob":88cdlbu1 said:
Sox-n-Hawks":88cdlbu1 said:

Thank god we had 5 pro bowl players on rookie contracts to buy the highest paid oline in the NFL. Cable took that top paid line to #32 ranked in pass blocking with all that talent LOL. Cable was the boat anchor to the boat that had enough HP to win in spite of him. :pukeface:

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Seymour":1ve8ml4o said:
grizbob":1ve8ml4o said:
Sox-n-Hawks":1ve8ml4o said:

Thank god we had 5 pro bowl players on rookie contracts to buy the highest paid oline in the NFL. Cable took that top paid line to #32 ranked in pass blocking with all that talent LOL. Cable was the boat anchor to the boat that had enough HP to win in spite of him. :pukeface:
And a HOF RB who's number one forte was breaking tackles.

raisethe3

Reaction score
Like I said before, the OL is a lot better without Tom Cable running it. The difference is day and night.

niveky

Reaction score
The sad thing is, wasn't solari supposed to come here originally, before Cable, but ended up leaving? Maybe I am remembering it wrong.

Latest posts