Tony Gonzalez ?

OP
OP
L

Lynch Mob

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2kapovo3 said:
As talented as Gonzalez is, and as much as he could potentially help the Hawks, he is the exact OPPOSITE of the kind of player JS and Pete want on this team.

There's no way in hell a guy like Gonzalez who not only doesn't like showing up for OTA's, training camp, pre-season and now doesn't even want to play in the first 12 games of the season and only wants to come in at the end if his team's going to the playoffs? No thanks. He would NOT be well received in this locker room where it's all about putting in the work and EARNING your spot on the field.

First of all Tony G. is like the bret farve of the WR/TE. he's a iron man when it comes to constant production and that don't happen by being lazy. Tony G. said he would be open to coming out of retirement for a contender if they called him half way threw the season and they were in a position to make a run at a superbowl. Its not like he said i'm going to sign with the seahawks and only play in the playoffs.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Lynch Mob":35yisbc1 said:
Sgt. Largent":35yisbc1 said:
As talented as Gonzalez is, and as much as he could potentially help the Hawks, he is the exact OPPOSITE of the kind of player JS and Pete want on this team.

There's no way in hell a guy like Gonzalez who not only doesn't like showing up for OTA's, training camp, pre-season and now doesn't even want to play in the first 12 games of the season and only wants to come in at the end if his team's going to the playoffs? No thanks. He would NOT be well received in this locker room where it's all about putting in the work and EARNING your spot on the field.

First of all Tony G. is like the bret farve of the WR/TE. he's a iron man when it comes to constant production and that don't happen by being lazy. Tony G. said he would be open to coming out of retirement for a contender if they called him half way threw the season and they were in a position to make a run at a superbowl. Its not like he said i'm going to sign with the seahawks and only play in the playoffs.

I wasn't saying he was lazy, the dudes one of the hardest workers in the history of the NFL. I'm saying what Gonzalez wants to do next year, i.e. wait until the end of the season and ONLY come back if the Falcons are in playoff contention doesn't fit into what this Hawks team is all about. It's not even close.

chris98251

Reaction score
We did an experiment like this with Winslow and look how that turned out, Tony is a great or was a great player, but we have moved past the need to look at guys to teach us how to win, we are now the masters and others the students.