Tony Kornheiser: *Opinion*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seeker

Reaction score
Prays for someone to break Wilson's leg,

watches RGIII possibly tear mcl/acl/pcl

that field is always bad but it was pretty clear that they let it go to shambles even worst since RGIII got hurt in order to slow down opposing defenses and even things up. bad karma

*Note by RockHawk - I edited the title because Kornheiser didn't say anything close to that, and we don't need a bait-&-switch topic. Thanks.

SPOHAWK

Reaction score
He didn't really say that did he? WTF!

djb28

Reaction score
Wow. is there a link? Was it on TV? If he said that he will be getting massive hate mail. Uncalled for and no reason behind it.What does Wilson have to do with RG Knee's injury. ( yes that is my new name for him! )

BAllenHawk

Reaction score
No, he said coaches will take a cheap shot at Russell's legs if Carroll keeps running up the score in games.

silvergun

Reaction score
I was wondering how Tony would react today after listening to him busting a nut over his Redskins last week. Didn't think he'd would go HAM on RW though lol

Kooshster

Reaction score
"Running up the score"? I'd say making sure your team is up by two possessions so a fluke fumble doesn't turn a win into a tie is a completely reasonable action.

silvergun

Reaction score
djb28":3nyiiz29 said:
Wow. is there a link? Was it on TV? If he said that he will be getting massive hate mail. Uncalled for and no reason behind it.What does Wilson have to do with RG Knee's injury. ( yes that is my new name for him! )

Honestly he and the Redskins should be happy the Seahawks only won by 10. The score could've been a hell of a lot worse. The Hawks left at least 14pts off the board.

pehawk

Reaction score
He never said it. He said after weeks 14 and 15, he was fearful of someone retaliating against Wilson for Carroll's running up of the score. Of course, to the Seahawks fanbase, consisting of tween 11yo girls, it was misquoted and hurt everyones vaginas.

DohBoy

Reaction score
SPOHAWK":3sdaeqmr said:
He didn't really say that did he? WTF!
Yeah, but not seriously. Anybody who has watched PTI over the last ten years or whatever knows that statements like that aren't literal and if you want to be offended by a comment, just wait a day or two and your panties can get twisted.

I mean seriously, for weeks now Wilbon has been busting Kornheiser's balls about disrespecting the 'Hawks and not taking them seriously. It's part of the schtick and I'd have to be pretty thin-skinned to think that should be taken literally; if anything, it's a compliment (Kornholer's essentially saying you can't beat Seattle unless something catastrophic happens).

So can we stop w/the feigned outrage already? Yeah, Kornheiser can be a Kornholer, but that's 90% of the guys in sports media.

DohBoy

redhawk253

Reaction score
no he didn't say anything about fearing someone would take a cheap shot at RW.. he essentially called for it because the seahawk's were being disrespectful like thats what he would do if he were a coach... wilbon jumped all over him when he said it.

Hawks46

Reaction score
The way I heard it, he was saying he wouldn't be surprised if someone went after Wilson's leg, but he never said he hoped it would happen. This was after the face punt in Buffalo.

He's kind of the bad guy on that show, it's his schtick or gimmick. I don't pay much attention to him, or watch PTI because he's so annoying. If something or someone annoys you, and you keep watching, aren't you just trying to be annoyed ? If you look for the disrespect card, you'll find it.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
redhawk253":1px6xf15 said:
no he didn't say anything about fearing someone would take a cheap shot at RW.. he essentially called for it because the seahawk's were being disrespectful like thats what he would do if he were a coach... wilbon jumped all over him when he said it.
That's more like how I remember it. He wasn't the least bit "fearful".

scutterhawk

Reaction score
BAllenHawk":3eiqoqab said:
No, he said coaches will take a cheap shot at Russell's legs if Carroll keeps running up the score in games.
Yeah, so he's talking to HC's, and know what they are planning to do to get even with Pete?
Without a microgram of doubt, Kornholer is 100% pure chickenshit.

OP
OP
Seeker

Seeker

Reaction score
oh i apologize guys, i can see how that could be slightly misleading. im not saying he begged for rw to get injured, more like he HIGHLY IMPLIED that this would stop us from scoring, then his qb suffers that fate instead (on a non contact hit no less, can't blame us)

morgulon1

Reaction score
pehawk":1rxxz34a said:
He never said it. He said after weeks 14 and 15, he was fearful of someone retaliating against Wilson for Carroll's running up of the score. Of course, to the Seahawks fanbase, consisting of tween 11yo girls, it was misquoted and hurt everyones vaginas.

My vaginnny hurts dude.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Kooshster":1ztc2yru said:
"Running up the score"? I'd say making sure your team is up by two possessions so a fluke fumble doesn't turn a win into a tie is a completely reasonable action.
This,,After Lynch's fumble, you can understand the WHY you need to put the game out of reach,,,We went too long, with too many tries to get score, and NOTHING should be taken for granted, , you let up and lose, you're to blame for NOT running up the score.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Free advice: while we are not paid journalists (not that it would matter, most of those blowhards just spew whatever they want anyway) but it's usually best to not completely misquote people and portray it as new when it was nearly a month ago.

To misquote Pink Floyd: we don't need no drummed-up anger.

Edited to add: just saw your follow-up a few posts up, Seeker. No sweat, man. Let's enjoy the WIN!!!

DohBoy

Reaction score
Hawks46":27rsl1ni said:
I don't pay much attention to him, or watch PTI because he's so annoying. If something or someone annoys you, and you keep watching, aren't you just trying to be annoyed ? If you look for the disrespect card, you'll find it.

Yup.

It's sort of like the Kardashians or those gimmicky talent shows on television...people gripe about it and how it's a microcosm for what's wrong with everything, and then they keep tuning in like sheep.

PTI is one of ESPN's top shows...obviously people are interested in what Kornholer and Wilbon have to say. That's not the same as agreeing with their views, but they must be doing something right. We should all be so lucky as to be paid six-figures to fart out our mouths about sports entertainment.

DohBoy

pehawk

Reaction score
Anyone that believes this, also thinks wrestling is real.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
It definitely was not fear related. It was about running up the score on AZ and the bills and he said, someone should break Wilson's leg.

It was absolutely cheap and disgusting but also over a month ago. I think Karma handled the situation perfectly. Just like all the Niner fans wishing injuries on our players before and during the last game where VD and Manningham both ended up getting hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts