Top 3 Sports Games You've Attended

mikeak

Reaction score
1) Nc State loss to Maryland right at the end. TNF on ESPN. Epic tailgate, epic game just so memorable - loss hurt like ##%{

2) Seahawks - 49ers. TO signed the football right in front of us and gave it to a guy in the crowd (seem to recall it was his manager). Didn't realize what happened until we got home

3) Colorado Avalanche - seeing my hockey idol Peter Forsberg live. I don't recall who they played but Pepsi center was state of the art back then and just awesome to see him.

Close call - Red Wings in Detroit. Just because it was Red Wings at home

Non US events top 3

1) Sweden- Italy. European championship group game - Holland (sold my finals tickets paid for an awesome trip with 3 games spent $0)

2) AIK Stockholm - Barcelona. 1992 We sang the whole game and had them beat

3) Bröndby (Danish team) - Real Madrid. Bröndby shocked the soccer world and beat Real. The Danes are by far the most hospitable hosts I have ever encountered when traveling around and watching sport. From pregame partying, to free beers during game to 4 of us being invited to crash at a place when to drunk to get home. Epic.

86Hawk

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":1zjf4bw6 said:
The last game of the Sonics in Key-Arena against the Dallas Mavericks. This game gave me chills. The crowd chanting "Save Our Sonics" throughout the game. Near the end of the game the chants were so loud I remember the players acknowledged it. Probably the most emotional sporting event I have ever been to.

I remember that game like it was yesterday. The first hour felt like a funeral. Quiet and depressing. Then Gary Payton showed up, ignited the crowd, the team and one of the most memorable second half of sports that I'll never forget. This video is hard to watch if you're big supes fan, but it's the last minutes ever of the Seattle Supersonics. About half way through is Kevin Durant mid court leading the key in a save our Sonics chant.

[youtube]Mp4lAafmZFA[/youtube]

1. Game 5 Edgar's double
2. Nfc championship against s.f.
3. Last sonics game

drcool

Reaction score
1. NFC Championship Game vs the Panthers - First time making it to the Super Bowl for the Seahawks. Insane atmosphere.

2. 1996 Western Conference Finals Game 7 - Sonics vs. Jazz - Wow, Key Arena was loud that night.

3. Can't decide between the Hail Mary game against the Packers or Romo's fumble. Both awesome endings right below my seats in the Hawks Nest.

GreenHawk

Reaction score
I've only been to 5 pro games, but luckily for me the majority had a place in history:

1) Like Sonic above, Game 4 of the 1995 ALDS vs the Yankees. Edgar had a 3-run blast in the third and and a grand slam in the 8th- 7 RBI's. Incredible atmosphere, can't ever forget it. Seats so high up, the fireworks were going off well below us. Fantastic memories.

2) Steve Largent's last game in 1989. Bittersweet memories. It was just a really bad game by a mediocre at best team. But, #80 walked out a hero. Won't forget this, either.

3) Jim Mora's last game coaching the Hawks. Chris Johnson hit 2,000 yards against us. As the game was winding down, I thought we had many dark days ahead of us with Mora at the helm, but 5 days later we hired PC and the rest is history.

pmedic920

Reaction score
2014 NFCCG
I can't even think of any thing else.

Was my first game at Clink.
Edit: was vs the 9ers. Guess that was 2013 season.
Same season vs Texans in Houston was cool too.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
2006 Arizona at Seattle Seahawks. First game at Qwest field. I still have a pic of the stadium.
1978 or 79.....Grandparents took me to the weekender trifecta Mariners Vs NY yankees. Grandpa loved the yankees when he was growing up.
2014 Arizona game (I would say the SD game but I melted that game)

Honorable mention.......1990/91/or 92 I went to the Reno Open 9ball tournament at the Sands-Regency. I was in the Pro am and stayed for the pros. While there, one of the players I was against had a lot of big names watching him. Table was messed up for our game so he won as he could play for it. I stayed for the pro games and was asked as a volunteer to be an announcer and scorekeeper. I dressed up and announced the wins and total score for each game win. I have the video tape too.

SeaHawk80

Reaction score
Fumble Romo
Oregon state UW triple OT Game. Wife is from Corvallis she has a UW tattoo now, we were Just friends, great times.
Game 7 Sonics vs Jazz - First Sonics' game

Baseball
1995 Edgar's double to beat Yankees / Tie breaker vs Angles game
1995 Randy Johnson's 1 hitter against the A's
Ichiro breaking Cisler's record.

Not the best but kinda cool went to Cal Ripkin Jr's debut game and his Last game.

Maulbert

Reaction score
1. December 23, 2012 - Seahawks 42, 49ers 13. I'll never forget how electric the Clink got when Red Bryant blocked a David Akers FG that Richard Sherman returned 90 yards for a TD to go up 21-0 early in the 2nd quarter.

2. October 6, 2001 - Mariners 1, Rangers 0. Win 116. Brett Boone hit a solo shot in the first inning, and it stood up all game. As if on cue, A-Hole struck out against Kazuhiro Sasaki in the top of the ninth to end the game.

Unfortunately, the rest of the (few) games I've been able to attend on my meager income have been rather...... mundane. Nothing really sticks out.

NoChops

Reaction score
Things outside the game are what makes them special for me. (only since I've never been to a BIG hawks game)

2010(11?) Byron Nelson. Speth was 17, playing well and the place was going nuts. Two things make it stand out.. Vejay was in full on yip mode, I was hanging on the third green saw his name on the tee at 1 and decided I'd go watch him choke a putt. Sure enough I walked over to number one, he had s six footer for par, and choked. And I got it on video. Bonus..Discovered Caddy races. Hanging on 17 later in the day, I made 150 bucks betting on which caddy would reach the green first.

Some random M's game: Late 90''s?? Was a guest in a Skybox with about 20 folks from the Marine industry. Don't remember the game that much, but there was a guy from down under who had never seen a baseball game. Griffey hit two home runs, one right at us, and I remember telling the guy he never had to watch another game.

UW@ND 96-7? The Dawgs got crushed. But to go to a game in South Bend, amazing! Was a guest of an Alumni from ND and got to see lots of cool stuff. After the beatdown we went to some Alumni bar. Of course I was the only W fan there, heard the ND fight song one too many times that night. The place was amazing, pictures of all the greatest of ND history. So much history on the walls, a museum that served booze! So I went looking for our Seahawks QB. After a couple of rounds of cocktails, no luck finding Rick on the walls, time for dinner. Food, drink, more damn fight song. Finally dejected, it was time to do some recycling. I went to the head, and now with my pud in my hand, I look up and there was a picture of Rick Mirer, smiling at me, right above the crapper!

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
"The Tip" vs. SF

2001 AS game at Safeco

2014 NFC vs Carolina

2000 Mariners vs White Sox game 3 playoffs.

Joey13091

Reaction score
1. Seattle vs Green Bay 2014 NFCC game

2. Seattle vs San Francisco 2013 NFCC game

3. Romo fumbled snap NFC Wildcard game. Dont remember the year.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
NoChops":2yrf90kn said:
Things outside the game are what makes them special for me. (only since I've never been to a BIG hawks game)

2010(11?) Byron Nelson. Speth was 17, playing well and the place was going nuts. Two things make it stand out.. Vejay was in full on yip mode, I was hanging on the third green saw his name on the tee at 1 and decided I'd go watch him choke a putt. Sure enough I walked over to number one, he had s six footer for par, and choked. And I got it on video. Bonus..Discovered Caddy races. Hanging on 17 later in the day, I made 150 bucks betting on which caddy would reach the green first.

Some random M's game: Late 90''s?? Was a guest in a Skybox with about 20 folks from the Marine industry. Don't remember the game that much, but there was a guy from down under who had never seen a baseball game. Griffey hit two home runs, one right at us, and I remember telling the guy he never had to watch another game.

UW@ND 96-7? The Dawgs got crushed. But to go to a game in South Bend, amazing! Was a guest of an Alumni from ND and got to see lots of cool stuff. After the beatdown we went to some Alumni bar. Of course I was the only W fan there, heard the ND fight song one too many times that night. The place was amazing, pictures of all the greatest of ND history. So much history on the walls, a museum that served booze! So I went looking for our Seahawks QB. After a couple of rounds of cocktails, no luck finding Rick on the walls, time for dinner. Food, drink, more damn fight song. Finally dejected, it was time to do some recycling. I went to the head, and now with my pud in my hand, I look up and there was a picture of Rick Mirer, smiling at me, right above the crapper!

Reminded me of a tournament that I paid to get into. Boise Open. John Cook was there recovering his swing from surgery and worked on the Nike/Web.com tour. He was cool to talk to. His bag has Ohio State Buckeyes on it and I was watching some of the game in the club house. That tournament is the one where Michelle Wie played too.
Veterans can get into the tournament here now free. They even have a venue for us. I am in Vegas this time meeting with some friends. Go hawks.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
1. 2015 nfc championship gb at sea
2. 2014 nfc div saints at sea
3. 1994 west final gm 5 leafs at nuks

hon mention

2011 bengals at sea...first live game and the end of charlie clipboard.
2012 vikings at sea
2013 pre season...broncos at sea..super bowl preview with same result
2011 western final gm 1 san jose at nuks

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
1. Super Bowl XLIX
2. all 3 NFC Championship games (sure I blocked them together :))
3. Game 5 vs. the Yankees, Edgar's Double

Hon. mentions:
Sonics vs. Utah, Game 7 of the NBA Finals
The one game playoff between M's and Angels (Randy pitching)
And have been lucky enough to see 12 road games, and every home game since I became a season ticket holder in 93.
My first ever Hawks game in person was a pre-season game vs. Dallas, August 12, 1979, that was pretty cool (was only 11) http://seahawksmedia.com/PlayByPlays/19 ... 12_DAL.PDF

I looked up the media guide thing, pretty cool. What I remember most was just thinking how huge the Kingdome seemed. And being able to see Roger Stauback etc. was pretty cool.

Latest posts