UW #3 in CFP Rankings

NoGain

Reaction score
This is pretty close to what I thought it would look like amongst the top eight teams after this weekend, maybe a quibble or two about the 6th through 8th rankings, but very minor ones...

1) Georgia
2) Michigan
3) Washington
4) Florida State
5) Oregon
6) Ohio State
7) Texas
8) Alabama

If UW wins Friday night, they're in. If Oregon wins (they're heady favorites to do so), then I believe they're in, and UW will play in one of the biggest of the non CFP bowl games. Ohio State has no way to improve upon their standing, so they're most likely out of it if Texas and Michigan wins. Georgia vs. Alabama presents some interesting CFP drama. Florida State is probably in with a win over Louisville in the conference championship game, but likely out of it if they lose.

Intriguing weekend approaching...

Last edited:

DJrmb

Reaction score
Looks like someone made a stand for the Pac teams in the committee. I'm super nervous and excited for this weekend. Oregon has definitely looked like they're running on all cylinders lately and UW has not. I hope they just go out there a play a solid game and don't beat themselves though with dumb mistakes like dropping the ball at the goal line on a pick 6... I want to see both teams at their best and have no doubt which team was better after Friday, and not have it come down to a bonehead mistake or officiating.

I personally believe the Pac-12 was the toughest conference this year (which hasn't been the case for years) and both Washington and Oregon are top 4 teams. Probably will not shake out that way though for the playoffs. Gotta win if you want in... Either way though, UWs made history (only Pac12 team to go undefeated) and are setup well to compete for years to come in their new conference, with a great coaching staff. This is a magical year for the school and all those kids! They've scrapped and fought all year and find themselves with every opportunity to reach their ultimate goal of a natty. Proud of them for what they've accomplished so far and hope all the alumni, and those that have kids/family playing soak it all in and get to enjoy it.

This is going to be a pretty epic weekend for college football in general. Here's to hoping that this UW ride keeps on going for a few more weeks!

GO DAWGS!!!

OP
OP
N

NoGain

Reaction score
Was listening to Rick Neuheisel on the Mitch Levy podcast....made me feel a lot better about the Huskies chances in this game Friday night. I'm still on the underdog side of the card, but this game is likely to be a barn burner that goes down to he last possession. Would that really surprise anyone?

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Was listening to Rick Neuheisel on the Mitch Levy podcast....made me feel a lot better about the Huskies chances in this game Friday night. I'm still on the underdog side of the card, but this game is likely to be a barn burner that goes down to he last possession. Would that really surprise anyone?
Neuheisel and Levy got together and the conversation made it to sports? I would have figured that conversation would have been dominated by gambling and whores.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It's going to be VERY interesting for the committee after this weekend. Some tough decisions. A perfect example of why they should have gone to an 8-12 team playoff a long time ago. A team or two is gonna' get shafted. Imagine if Alabama beats Georgia. Let the games begin.
The wide range of possibilities is insane. Shoot, Oregon could win on Friday and still not get in. They flat out SHOULD, but you can't tell me that their fans wouldn't still be nervous. Especially if certain teams win their conference championships. They seem to hold the pac-12 WAY down in the pecking order.

I might hate Oregon, but the absolutely should be in the playoff if they win on Friday. As should Washington. Also, what if the Pac-12 Championship comes down to the wire, Alabama beats Georgia, and Louisville beats FSU. Good luck picking a top 4.

If I had to pick a team, I do think that Oregon wins on Friday, they're just a lot hotter at the right time. But I'm certainly not assuming the Dawgs can't beat them again.

IF UW loses, I'm not gonna' lose my sh** over a 12-1 season and a hell of a bowl game coming up. Also, 19 wins in a row is pretty damn impressive, regardless of scores and/or how much people want to downplay it. You either get the W or you don't. Excuses don't change that. Win or lose, should be a great game on Friday, and it's been a hell of a season. Go Dawgs.