Trade for Akers?

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I’d wait to see if there is other interest for Akers before trading anything significant for him.

At best a 4th or 5th rd pick but not more. Suspect though the team isn’t truly interested, but just kicking tires.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
I've honestly never really seen anything in Akers that screams top running back. I think he's a middle of the road RB, functional but not a massive game changer.

JPatera76

Reaction score
I actually don’t think Seattle is hurting for RBs .. there’s a lot of RB talent on this team. Walker, Dallas, Homer, Jones jr, Gillaspia ..(who played Lb in college.. but is designated as a RB)

If we trade I’d rather Seattle trade for the commanders Gibson. He’s got 2 yrs left on his rookie deal.

gmor

Reaction score

why not? He’ll get revenge along with Geno and the rest of the Hawks.
I say play it by ear and take long looks at options as they become available. I advocate for patience and taking good deals if they come along.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Big no thanks to Collins...he physically looks good but is not a good rb. Dallas cannot be a number 2. Hes a change of pace special teams guy only. Homer looks like he roided up last season and looked good at times but really doesn't have good mobility. Not sure about Tony Jones or Darwin Thompson??

flv2

Reaction score
In his 2020 rookie season Akers had several different injuries that caused him to miss practice and games. Before the achilles injury in 2021 Akers was in the wide #21 - #40 range of RBs. He's a bottom-end starter or RB-by-committee type of player. He flashed in very limited action late last year but this season he's looked like a #3 or #4 RB. The open offensive system favoured by Stafford does not suit him. His base contract is for $1.17M in 2022 and $1.45M in 2023 with no guarantees. Since there are no guarantees it will probably be worth it for 1 or 2 teams to put in a claim for him if he's waived. It's borderline whether he's currently worth his current NFL contract. Achilles injuries can be career-killers for RBs. The Rams would likely accept a conditional low pick, (if he sticks with a new team for 6 games). They would definitely prefer to move him outside the NFC West.

knownone

Reaction score
If the Rams are willing to trade him to a division rival, he's probably not worth it.

GemCity

Reaction score
How about, after seeing how we did in this last draft, keeping our picks?

JS and PC tore it up this year…I’m anxious for them to do it again with all the capital we can manage going forward.

Last edited:

Mad Dog

Reaction score
I just don’t get these topics. We have 4 capable rb’s on the roster and we will trade for a rb in the division? SMH

More like we have 2. Homer is injured. Penny is injured. Walker has been injured. DJ Dallas is average. Anyone on the PS is not "capable". They are JAGs to use in a pinch.

Rat

Reaction score
If the Rams are willing to trade him to a division rival, he's probably not worth it.
If they cut him, he is free to sign with us for nothing. I'd assume they'd rather have like a conditional sixth rounder to nothing.

Surlybird

Reaction score
Rams are exploring a RB swap trade, and Hawks already have Tony Jones... Personally, I don't see why the Hawks wouldn't kick the tires on Alex Collins again. He was solid enough, I thought...

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Adrian Peterson is still available, I'd rather they sign him than trade for Cam Akers. It's not going to happen though- signing AP or trading for Akers.

Latest posts