Trading Penny would be a huge mistake

Hawkpower

Reaction score
quadsas":26bnkzc3 said:
hawkfan68":26bnkzc3 said:
quadsas":26bnkzc3 said:
hawkfan68":26bnkzc3 said:
Carson and Prosise have had their share of those too.

lmao you cant be for real dude.

if we can get a 5+ take it asap. maybe call up Colts and theyll trade a first rounder away

Facts don't lie. Please explain these plays from Carson during the second half of yesterday's game...

1st & 15 at SEA 19
(10:28 - 3rd) (Shotgun) C.Carson right tackle to SEA 18 for -1 yards (R.Allen).

1st & 10 at SEA 25
(3:21 - 3rd) C.Carson left tackle to SEA 26 for 1 yard (J.Crawford).

3rd & 3 at SEA 32
(2:07 - 3rd) (Shotgun) C.Carson left guard to SEA 32 for no gain (A.Clayborn; G.Jarrett).

3rd & 6 at ATL 45
(2:49 - 4th) (Shotgun) G.Fant reported in as eligible. C.Carson left guard to ATL 45 for no gain (G.Jarrett; A.Bailey).

Truth hurts don't it?

What dumb $h!t is this? What does this have to do with #And the guy that gets -2 when you need 1#? You are incredibly stupid

I would imagine he was likely pointing out that Carson , too, has runs that net close to nothing, if not worse.

At least, that's how it appears to me from this distance ;)

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Cyrus12":3e38rnkv said:
Prosise obviously is not good enough to even be on the active roster which makes me think what the hell did they keep him around for?? We need a good back up for Carson as eventually he is going to get worse down or injured to some extent.

Insurance I guess, and he is a different style of RB than Carson or Penny............so after we traded McKissic, Prosise was the only RB to use as a change of pace pass catching back on 3rd and long, etc.

As far as Penny goes, if our intention is to keep Carson long term if we can somehow get him to sign an extension on a team friendly type of deal, then I have no problem trading Penny.

Having said that I'd rather wait until next year when hopefully his trade value has gone up due to staying healthy and playing more. Doubt we could get any more than a 4th or 5th rounder for Penny now, not worth it IMO.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
quadsas":1s0w1vxw said:
Hawkpower":1s0w1vxw said:
quadsas":1s0w1vxw said:
hawkfan68":1s0w1vxw said:
Facts don't lie. Please explain these plays from Carson during the second half of yesterday's game...

1st & 15 at SEA 19
(10:28 - 3rd) (Shotgun) C.Carson right tackle to SEA 18 for -1 yards (R.Allen).

1st & 10 at SEA 25
(3:21 - 3rd) C.Carson left tackle to SEA 26 for 1 yard (J.Crawford).

3rd & 3 at SEA 32
(2:07 - 3rd) (Shotgun) C.Carson left guard to SEA 32 for no gain (A.Clayborn; G.Jarrett).

3rd & 6 at ATL 45
(2:49 - 4th) (Shotgun) G.Fant reported in as eligible. C.Carson left guard to ATL 45 for no gain (G.Jarrett; A.Bailey).

Truth hurts don't it?

What dumb $h!t is this? What does this have to do with #And the guy that gets -2 when you need 1#? You are incredibly stupid

I would imagine he was likely pointing out that Carson , too, has runs that net close to nothing, if not worse.

At least, that's how it appears to me from this distance ;)

I am aware of his intention. Doesn't make it any less nonsensical and idiotic

So Carson doesn't have runs where he is stopped for a loss or no gain? It appears as if in the 2nd half alone yesterday, he had several. Just as Penny does at times. Just as all RB's have at times.

You hold Penny to an unattainable standard. He is a Seahawk. Support him. The nonstop slamming of the guy is tiresome and undeserved.

bbsplitter

Reaction score
Penny needs to be more consistent, unfortunately we can't really ask that of him however until he gets more touches.

As a first round pick though I do expect him to be giving a little more fight to Carson to pull away some of those carries.

Overall though, jury is out for me until he gets more consistent work loads in games.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
They just said on 710 that there is something swirling about a possible deal involving Penny and OJ Howard. No, I don't have a link, I'm just repeating what THEY said. Not claiming anything, don't attack :lol:
I can't fathom that happening when we actually play them on Sunday.

JPatera76

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":10ecc0yv said:
They just said on 710 that there is something swirling about a possible deal involving Penny and OJ Howard. No, I don't have a link, I'm just repeating what THEY said. Not claiming anything, don't attack :lol:
Kind of like when we got Brown. We played the Texans than we got him

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1eghenop said:

I'll believe it when I see it and Penny has talent he could very well become an explosive player and a probowl RB on a team with a good O-line. Every time he has a hole it's 10 yards minimum.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Like I said, I'm just passing along what THEY said. I'm not claiming anything.
With the trading deadline being tomorrow, I can't see it happening when we play them on Sunday.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
truehawksfan":1qiayyer said:
Eddie Lacy -Over weight and slow
Thomas Rawls -Injured & in the doghouse
CJ Prosise -Injuries
Chris Carson -Coming off an injury. Never played a full season at OK State. Violent running style. Open to possible injuries.

That’s who we had the year prior to drafting Penny. Lots of questions about the RB situation.

Penny isn’t a bruising, run over player type RB.

But... the Hawks knew that.

All his highlights show a 225lbs RB with breakaway speed. He’s more of a glider with a little suddenness. We saw a small sample size of this against the Rams last year and the Steelers. And, while some may question his vision...I disagree. In those games and against ATL today, he cutback to the backside and ran to daylight.

No, he’s not Chris Carson. He’s not a bruising, violent runner. But, neither was Prosise when he showed promise against the Patriots and Philly. In fact, Prosise would be the bell cow back if he stayed healthy.

You don’t have to be a bruiser to play in this system. You just need a chance.

You get it..Save Penny

vigilantgrrl

Reaction score
I could not see a worse move than trading Penny for a 3rd rounder. He just needs to be used correctly. Put me in the camp of having Penny eventually replacing Carson. I think if Carson gets a big 2nd contract from the hawks that it will burn us.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
If we trade Penny then Pete has Alzheimer's.

He only has to look back at how trading Nick Vannett a few weeks ago worked out for us at the TE position. Or just 2 years ago when we were starting scrubs at RB because Carson and Procise and everyone else ended up on IR. Wilson was our leading rusher pathetically.

There are positions that routinely get beat up: OL, TE, RB. Pays to have depth.

tersal

Reaction score
Sugarrayjay":37xeqhc0 said:
I'm fully aware most of the fans here are fatalistic, end of days miserable fans lol. But trading penny would be the biggest mistake ever. With the right plays (a little finnesse) the kid is amazing. Carson is our bell cow back. Penny is the guy who gets you 15 when you need 6...

Your post has a major flaw. When we discuss trading a player we have to consider whar other teams would offer. I would trade Penny if the return value was apprpiate. Right now he has shown flashes more is required to get appropriate value.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Mad Dog":n1nnrsgj said:

He only has to look back at how trading Nick Vannett a few weeks ago worked out for us at the TE position. Or just 2 years ago when we were starting scrubs at RB because Carson and Procise and everyone else ended up on IR. Wilson was our leading rusher pathetically.

Vannett is not a good blocker nor is he a good receiver. In order to have "good depth" the player has to be more than just a body on the roster, which is all Vannett was. We'd be in the same exact position with the fall of Dissley with or without Vannett.

If Carroll is willing to trade Penny it speaks more to Pete's confidence in Penny as a player more than anything else. You don't give up on a first rounder after two years unless you've deemed that the player is a wash. Personally I think we'd still be in a bad position if Carson went down, Penny or no Penny.

Another angle we also have to consider what we'd get for Penny. OJ Howard seems to be their target, which is a player that Pete seems enamored with. Both players fit the same profile. First round picks that don't necessarily fit into their respective teams offenses, and have potential but have under performed.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":3tjvt0pc said:
Mad Dog":3tjvt0pc said:

Vannett is not a good blocker nor is he a good receiver. In order to have "good depth" the player has to be more than just a body on the roster, which is all Vannett was. We'd be in the same exact position with the fall of Dissley with or without Vannett.

If Carroll is willing to trade Penny it speaks more to Pete's confidence in Penny as a player more than anything else. You don't give up on a first rounder after two years unless you've deemed that the player is a wash. Personally I think we'd still be in a bad position if Carson went down, Penny or no Penny.

Another angle we also have to consider what we'd get for Penny. OJ Howard seems to be their target, which is a player that Pete seems enamored with. Both players fit the same profile. First round picks that don't necessarily fit into their respective teams offenses, and have potential but have under performed.

Penny for Howard would be interesting. This is a win win as we would be better with Howard as our #1 TE and they would be better with Penny as their #1 RB.

Lightone3232

Reaction score
I think it's interesting that Penny has been deemed a failure by so many when he has averaged a higher ypc than Carson in both 2018 and 2019. Do I think he was poor value for #1 pick? Yes, has he run efficiently? Also yes

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Lightone3232":35vshvnu said:
I think it's interesting that Penny has been deemed a failure by so many when he has averaged a higher ypc than Carson in both 2018 and 2019. Do I think he was poor value for #1 pick? Yes, has he run efficiently? Also yes

It's all about using the #1 pick.

If we picked Penny in the 3rd or 4th round, no one would care.....but it's the fact that we used a 1st round pick on him, and he's not our primary back, or even vital secondary back at this point in his career.

You pick a RB in the first round, he better be your bell cow back, or else it's seen as a wasted pick. But this is now, it's unfair to criticize the pick at the time because Carson was coming off major leg injury, Prosise had already racked up 12 trips to the injury report with hangnails, and we were without a dependable back.............in an offense that HAS to have one.

So I get the pick, and I get the criticism. Both are valid.

quadsas

Reaction score
I am sad. I guess the rest of league sees that he's not worth a 5th rounder

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Well, NONE of us know what was offered. Fans don't know nearly as much as they think they do about what happens behind closed doors.

chris98251

Reaction score
quadsas":29f7w97v said:
I am sad. I guess the rest of league sees that he's not worth a 5th rounder

I guess displacing the 5th leading rusher in the league is something easy to do by your comments, they are not going to give him away.

Latest posts