Training Camp Coverage (Updated 7/25)

Cartire

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":3a8cii0x said:
Cartire":3a8cii0x said:
Sarlacc83":3a8cii0x said:
Are there going to be post-practice interviews again today?

looks like yes

Hmm, I'm not seeing it on the site. Does it start at 1?

It was super quick, like 10 minutes, started at 12:30

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":1vccpsmg said:
Missing_Clink":1vccpsmg said:
m0ng0":1vccpsmg said:
They just mentioned Turbin may start on PUP also......whats his story?

If true that Christina Michael pick was genius

I saw what you did there.

hahaha, slip of the finger. My GF's name is Christina so I'll chalk it up to muscle memory!

Dreadbelch

Reaction score
could only find a couple vids out there. was hoping there'd be more.

[youtube]zoaYhuuO2pA[/youtube]
[youtube]lnAe1rukML8[/youtube]

Cartire

Reaction score
watching the stream again today. Man, Cristine Michael looks really good. Turbin better get healthy fast if he wants to keep his number 2 spot.

Subzero717

Reaction score
I went today and a few things I noticed that mean nothing

Sherm looked good.

Tate looked awesome. Several big catches during position drills. Typical for him. Burned Browner all day.

Harper was the second best receiver behind Tate with several good catches.

Rocky Seto stuck out too. Almost like he is being groomed. During position drills he went from group to group watching while Quinn stayed with the big boys and did drills. He also "ran" the second units if you'll call it when they split into drills. I may be way off but, it seems like he is somewhat of an heir apparent of sorts.

The LOB was for the most part together throughout even on the sidelines. Earl was to himself at times but the others seemed to always congregate.

Hard to tell who was "running with the first unit." The practice went so fast and was so fluid on defense it was hard to tell. Malcolm Smith got more reps with what looked like the first unit at OLB but no drills were ever the same. The last run of 11 on 11 had Bennett at Leo. At no time could you say to yourself that's what the starters will look like because you'd realize that Earl wasn't in there or whatever. Very fluid and a ton of rotating.

Clemons was on hand and looks to be in good shape.

Either the defense looks awesome or the O looked terrible. The final session of 11 on 11 had the O go Sherman pick, sack batted pass. incompletion that Maxwell give Bldwin the business afterwards. I think the first completion was by Brady.

Harvin was there. Carroll chatted him up but for the most part he was just hanging out alone.

Rice did not take part in any contact drills.

Michael had a few big breaks for being a guy in practice breaking tackles no one is actually trying to make. Very quick. Big burst.

The leaders stick out when they take and are on the field. None of the D line really fit that bill except for Clemons who was with the coaches during the D line drills and was in Irvin's ear when he was with the line. Irvin split between D line and LBer groups. Clemons was tutoring both Avril and Irvin but more Irvin. Wagner and Wright have a presence about them. The LOB and Wilson.

Robinson didn't practice and Ware didn't stick out. Probably good.

So that's my take on a two hour practice in shorts and playing pillow football evaluation. It means nothing and I'm probably wrong with some of my conclusions but, that's what I saw.

wannabe

Reaction score
thank you so much for posting all those links to listen to or watch the Seahawks Camp. Again we thank you.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Don't forget, after practice you can swoop up the BBQ sandwiches for half off. 4 bucks, and really really good bbq. Also, you can buy waters for a buck and soda's for 2 bucks, not bad at all. Get there early, that hill fills up very fast.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
LyndseyG":2rjxh8ju said:
Dreadbelch":2rjxh8ju said:

Newbie question: Why are some players wearing red shirts?

Quarterbacks get the red shirt so that they don't get hit during scrimmages. Investment protection.

LyndseyG

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":1xlr19v3 said:
LyndseyG":1xlr19v3 said:
Dreadbelch":1xlr19v3 said:

Newbie question: Why are some players wearing red shirts?

Quarterbacks get the red shirt so that they don't get hit during scrimmages. Investment protection.

I get it! Thanks!! :th2thumbs:

Cartire

Reaction score
On a side note about the red jerseys. It used to be for injured players that were still practicing so that they werent hit has hard. Then it slowly started moving towards QB's (who didnt used to wear them) and away from injured players who dont ever practice now.

I wont say the sport has gotten softer, because with todays genetic, fully-trained superhumans on the field, I dont blame them.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
No stream today?
Nevermind. Watching now!!! :th2thumbs:

Dreadbelch

Reaction score
I've watched hours of Bing training camp video now. Seen maybe ten plays. All from bad angles. No idea how well the players are doing.

Cartire

Reaction score
Dreadbelch":2d87ofwx said:
I've watched hours of Bing training camp video now. Seen maybe ten plays. All from bad angles. No idea how well the players are doing.

Today's 7 on 7 was actually a decent angle. But I agree, angles have been poor.