Trouble in paradise

AF_BASS_MAN

Reaction score
WmHBonney":p3cn76v6 said:
He entered the league as a member of the substance abuse protocol. So what happens now?

He wasn’t technically in the league during the Combine, so this will only be categorized as his first offense, and it is already being reported as such.

As a result, it is being reported that he will only lose a couple game checks with no suspension.

The real question is if the Niners will yank the guarantees from his contract...

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":119rsiyk said:
seahawkfreak":119rsiyk said:
Really sucks because I don't agree with people that say "weed is natural". It is not good for you but alcohol is 100x worse and is legal.
I'm not aware of any conclusive evidence that links alcohol being bad for you if used in moderation. Same with weed. Care to throw out a link or two?

Never used the word moderation. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Here’s How Many People Fatally Overdosed On Marijuana Last Year

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Maulbert":36zn2vsx said:
RolandDeschain":36zn2vsx said:
SF49r":36zn2vsx said:
omg weed!?!?! no way ban him for life!
It's stupid that weed is such an infraction; but that can't change in the NFL until it's legal nationwide. However, what's even more stupid is how many guys aren't smart enough to just give that crap up for the duration of their NFL careers.

The thing is, even if weed were fully legalized, the NFL has no reason to change their drug policy. In everyday life, Joe Schmoe will be fired from his job at Boeing or Microsoft if he tested positive for marijuana, just as he'd be fired if he went to work drunk. NFL players get more chances than Joe Schmoes, especially first round picks, so I won't shed a tear for any time he lost, and I would feel the same way if it was a Seahawk. There are plenty of ways you can smoke pot nowadays without placing yourself in that situation, so getting caught was his own fault. Just my opinion.
Big difference between high on game day, and high on a day with no game or practice.

Just like how you don't get fired for having a few drinks AFTER work, out at the bar with coworkers or in the privacy of your own home.

Agreed about being smarter in where you do it, though.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
AF_BASS_MAN":l5zki15y said:
WmHBonney":l5zki15y said:
He entered the league as a member of the substance abuse protocol. So what happens now?

He wasn’t technically in the league during the Combine, so this will only be categorized as his first offense, and it is already being reported as such.

As a result, it is being reported that he will only lose a couple game checks with no suspension.

The real question is if the Niners will yank the guarantees from his contract...

Taken directly from the article.....

"Because of the diluted sample, Foster entered the league in the substance abuse program."

Marvin49

Reaction score
Marvin49":3hhrpnz2 said:
Its disappointing if only because the NFL rules are a bit arcane on the subject and he should know that, but I'm not overly concerned.

From what I've read it may void the guarantee in his contract (not the money itself) and might cost him a fine of two game checks but no suspension.

Just hoping he makes some better decisions. It is a part of the reason he was available at 31 to begin with so I guess its just a part of the risk.

Also worth noting that he is a big reason they wanted Ken Norton on staff as a mentor and why they let Ray Ray Armstrong go (bad influence). Reuben and Ray Ray were out late clubbing and nearly got mugged.

I only hope they get it in check. So much talent and ability there. I've already seen it dashed once with Aldon Smith.

....or not. Would have loved to have him as a mentor for Reuben.

Not sure of him as a DC though after his stint in Oakland.