Tru...

NorCalSeahawk

Reaction score
Solid player and he seems like a stand up guy. It's nice to see him retire with the Hawks. To bad he didn't have a little bit more left in the tanks last season and make the team, it would have been nice to see a guy from that 2005 team get that ring on his finger.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Very cool, although I thought he retired last year.

Tru is the kind of guy that the Hawks should look to hire in the relations department. Local guy, perfect for going around to public events and stuff.

dutchcoug

Reaction score
I see a 12 man flag raising in his future. Perhaps the Packers game?

253hawk

Reaction score
sutz":h1ciq5ro said:
Hey, how better for a local kid to end his career? Congrats, Tru! Best wishes moving forward, hopefully with something to do with the 'Hawks.

:th2thumbs:

VRm7h3L

kidhawk

Reaction score
dutchcoug":2fdqmlfz said:
I see a 12 man flag raising in his future. Perhaps the Packers game?

I was thinking the EXACT same thing. He signed here to retire as a Seahawk (as it should be) and to have him raise the flag for the NFL Season Opener would be PERFECT.

Here's a nice write-up about his official retirement from the news tribune blog:

On draft day in 2003, he sat in a hotel room away from a viewing party at Jillian’s in Tacoma. He was too nervous to be with the group. Watching the television with a half-packed bag — Trufant figured he would be airborne on the way to a press conference after being selected — his phone rang. It was Seattle head coach Mike Holmgren. He asked if Trufant if he was ready to be a Seattle Seahawk.

“I didn’t really know what to say, so I just said, ‘Yes,’” Trufant said.

[urltargetblank]http://blog.thenewstribune.com/seahawks/2014/04/24/surrounded-by-family-and-friends-a-thankful-trufant-retires/[/urltargetblank]

NYCoug

Reaction score
253hawk":3gopvkum said:
sutz":3gopvkum said:
Hey, how better for a local kid to end his career? Congrats, Tru! Best wishes moving forward, hopefully with something to do with the 'Hawks.

:th2thumbs:

VRm7h3L

My life's mission from now on will be to find that sweater that Marcus is wearing. One of the greatest things I've ever seen! But what about that high-top fade though?! Walter Thurmond wishes he could rock it like Tru was back in the day!

In all seriousness though, I'm really glad this happened. Like Throw said up above, Tru was my favorite Seahawk pre-Wilson, Lynch, etc. I'm with the rest of you in hoping that he gets to raise the 12th Man flag at the Packers game. That would be incredible. It sucks that he wasn't able to win a ring with the team, but everyone knows that he was there in spirit.

What's funny about Tru is that, despite being a Coug, for some reason I was fixated on the 'Hawks drafting DT Jimmy Kennedy out of Penn State. My buddy Greg and I attended the draft and when the 'Hawks selected Trufant (it could have been anyone not named Kennedy) I yelled out "NO!" in horror. This was before I had attended WSU, so my ties weren't as deep back then, but it made for a pretty funny moment. It was really cool getting to meet Tru's pops in ATL this past season and getting to tell him that I was there when his son got drafted into the NFL. I left out the little part about really wanting Jimmy Kennedy though. Boy was I ever wrong!

My favorite thing about Tru is that, officially, he never played a single snap for a team outside of the state of Washington. From Wilson High School, to WSU, and eventually on to the Seahawks, the man has been an absolute warrior for the state of Washington. I'll never forget his Pick 6 against the 'Skins in the playoffs!

Cheers to you, Tru!

:thirishdrinkers:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Interesting debate on Mitch this morning, does Tru belong in the Ring of Honor?

What do you guys think?

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1crgltli said:

What do you guys think?

Thats a Hell Yeah from me!

TwilightError

Reaction score
He was part of two all time greatest Seahawks teams, so mark a Hell Yeah for me too.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
I went to WSU the same time Tru was there. He was a year or two ahead. I still to this day tell the story of one party I had. The party started to die down, and who walks up to the door but Marcus Trufant, All American about to be drafted to the nfl. He came in and hung out for a few minutes, there weren't too many people left. Didn't drink a drop. Just an all around good dude.

Now he's retiring... man im getting old.

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1uq94bfb said:

What do you guys think?

I couldn't believe the amount of hate he was getting on that segment. It was like people were confusing him for Kelly Jennings or something. People have strange memories.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seahawks1983":3u1s532e said:
Sgt. Largent":3u1s532e said:

What do you guys think?

I couldn't believe the amount of hate he was getting on that segment. It was like people were confusing him for Kelly Jennings or something. People have strange memories.

I agree. Trufant IMO isn't up there with the Jones, Largents and Easleys in the Ring, but he's certainly deserving.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":lbywp0lp said:
Seahawks1983":lbywp0lp said:
Sgt. Largent":lbywp0lp said:

What do you guys think?

I agree. Trufant IMO isn't up there with the Jones, Largents and Easleys in the Ring, but he's certainly deserving.
And as much as I loved Tru, that's why IMO he doesn't deserve to be up there.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I say this as a UW fan...... Great character guy, very good player. If you've seen his dad and mom you can see their great influence on Marcus. A very family first group. Pretty cool to have a guy play his Highschool, college, and pro ball all in state. He deserved to hoist the Lombardi (see XL*).