two sport athletes > bo jackson > the boz

JaiSeaSea

Reaction score
Smellyman":1ogq5933 said:
twisted_steel2":1ogq5933 said:
crucifyd":1ogq5933 said:
anybody have a take on what he said about Boz?

I didnt listen, but did he say something about how Boz 'got run over' or that play ended his career? Or something similar? I don't know... it's an old story, it's been debated on here several times.

I know we talked a little about it here:

http://seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=90507&start=20

It's one of the most over hyped plays in NFL history, it was a normal tackle on a ball carrier, it wasnt a big deal. Happens all game long. When people talk about it like he got 'trucked' or 'run over' its obvious they havent seen the play in a long long time and dont really remember, their memories are getting carried away.

What ended his career were his shoulders, nothing more. Talented player, wish we could have seen him healthy for 10 years.

it was actually a very good tackle on the baddest RB in the NFL

It was. It just happened that Bo was lower with better leverage. Jackson was amazing high low he could get and run fools over.

HawkWow

Reaction score
crucifyd":bvp8gfhf said:
with RW "playing" for the rangers, dori monson was talking about RW being a two-sport guy which lead to bo jackson which lead to the Boz...

he starts talking about Bo Jackson @ about 8:00 here http://kiroradio.com/listen/9968575/

of course he considers the end of the Boz to be the goal line meeting with Jackson...

Not pointing at you bro, but I've always hated this whole "Bo ran over the Boz" thing. It's BS. I've watched that play 100 x. Boz had no choice but to step into the monster that was Bo. He didn't have a good angle to be successful, but he couldn't let him just waltz on by, either. Very unfair to Bosworth. In the exact same scenario, Tez couldn't have stopped Bo from scoring on that play.

OP
OP
crucifyd

crucifyd

Reaction score
HawkWow":t037keiu said:
crucifyd":t037keiu said:
with RW "playing" for the rangers, dori monson was talking about RW being a two-sport guy which lead to bo jackson which lead to the Boz...

he starts talking about Bo Jackson @ about 8:00 here http://kiroradio.com/listen/9968575/

of course he considers the end of the Boz to be the goal line meeting with Jackson...

Not pointing at you bro, but I've always hated this whole "Bo ran over the Boz" thing. It's BS. I've watched that play 100 x. Boz had no choice but to step into the monster that was Bo. He didn't have a good angle to be successful, but he couldn't let him just waltz on by, either. Very unfair to Bosworth. In the exact same scenario, Tez couldn't have stopped Bo from scoring on that play.

yeah, was originally hoping to see what people thought of the "controversy" over Boz, but I wasn't specific enough obviously, I thought the thread would just go that way...

to be clear, I'm not saying "Bo ran over the Boz", I was wondering what people on the board think of the typical take (the one Monson takes) that Boz was a bust, etc. I'm pretty sure that I saw every play Boz was in on back in the day but don't really have a recollection of how good/bad he may of been so I was just looking for the consensus among those that do...

hmmm...that seems to be from the department of redundancy department but I think it makes sense...