Tyler Lockett, Wagner also with Beer/food thrown at them

drcool

Reaction score
All I know is at the office here in Jacksonville I have been dodging beer bottles all day long. Guess they don't like my Hawks jersey.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
drcool":2yp6a7qa said:
All I know is at the office here in Jacksonville I have been dodging beer bottles all day long. Guess they don't like my Hawks jersey.

:2thumbs:

johnnyfever

Reaction score
Throwing crap at players is classless.

but

Throwing food at an injured player getting carted off the field is WAY more classless than some water or beer on a healthy player.

They had 4 classless players, we had one that should be banned from hawks games for life.

Pick your poison.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that if you throw anything at anybody, it's classless. I can't believe there is actually an argument here over this.
You don't throw things at people.
You don't fight people.
You don't try to injure people.

You keep your cool and carry yourself with respect. Be it a fan, a player, or a little old lady on a park bench.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":16rva6vm said:
Stay classy Jacksonville
They first have to GET TO BEING "Classy" before they can "Stay Classy".
If a few of those knuckle draggers get banned from that Stadium, maybe some of the others would fall in line, but I wouldn't hold my breath...There are a LOT of racists inbred assholes around those parts. :pukeface:

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":3mxkwi20 said:
Hawk_Nation":3mxkwi20 said:
Stay classy Jacksonville

Cowards. Just like internet tough guys.

That was despicable by jag fans.

We are close second by what fans are saying about our own team on here.
^ A-FREAKING-MEN!! ^

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Tdickman89/status/940341262284214273[/tweet]

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":1isjpu49 said:
1. There wasn't real visual evidence of a fan actually throwing popcorn maliciously... lol... all we see is a little popcorn raining down, anything could have happened to make popcorn fall or spill from the stands. For all we know it could have been a 49ers fan giving Bowman a snack.

Totally different then what happened in Jax, not that it bothers me all that much. But my lack of anger stems mostly from my world views.

2. 99.9% if not the full 100% Seahawks fans, at least here from what I read, have mad respect for Bowman and always have. A lot of us were upset at the incident IF it was in fact a Seahawks fan disrespecting Bowman. And you even had 1 or 2 Seahawks calling out that fan after the game expressing disgust had it been IN FACT a Seahawks fans disrespecting a player.

But as others said, in Jax it was multiple incidents to multiple players, not just one incident that could have been accidental.
Good post and my thought as well.."IF IN FACT"..It was just a few pieces of popcorn.
We got people who assume that it was thrown and no footage shows that.
There is plenty of footage in Jacksonville however.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
rossob":1afojw3d said:
Exittium":1afojw3d said:
SpokaneHawks":1afojw3d said:
Although fans throwing things at players is always wrong, I kind of feel like we are making a bigger deal out of it because we're sour. Let's not forget that some of our fans dumped popcorn on Bowman when he was hurt and being carted out. It was embarrassing to watch just as I'm sure most Jags fans didn't like it yesterday either.
1 fan dumping popcorn vs multiple fans tossing shit?
Still, how many fans didn't throw anything? It was just a tiny fraction of the Jaguars fanbase that misbehaved.
I'd be willing to bet you that the only reason that a bunch of others didn't join in throwing shit, was because they were too far away from the target.
Some of y'all are making it sound like it was a few assholes in an isolated area...IT WAS NOT.
Lockett had things thrown at him, and he was in another area.
The NFL use to frown on teams celebrating TD's, and started penalizing players for > UNSPORTSMANSHIP<, because they KNEW that opposing fans would be antagonized, and more than a few drunken fans without any inhibitions, would start THROWING SHIT.
Maybe that's where the NFL will have to start doing it again.
Oh, and dumping popcorn on Bowman was chickenshit, but throwing garbage & racial slurs, along with vulgar expletives, IS NOT THE SAME THING!!

BigMeach

Reaction score
This is Florida we're talking about. The state notorious for all the weirdest crimes and people in our country. Is it really surprising? I'm sure there are a lot of great people there but there is also something in the water that make peope bat shit crazy.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":14qeluc3 said:
Vpk0718":14qeluc3 said:
When a few of our fans threw things at Navarro Bowman as he was being carted off, we told people not to judge the entire fanbase because of a minority of idiots. Please do the same here.
Just stop already!
FALSE equivalency. A few kernels of popcorn that got spilt vs full bottles of water being thrown are not the same thing.

SH, you are absolutely 100% correct they are not the same level of bad behavior but both are wrong and shouldn’t happen.

Hopefully we all can agree on that part.

YMMV

nIdahoSeahawk

Reaction score
The Jacksonville fans were terrible. I know from the games since 2013, we haven't been as welcoming as we used to be to visiting fans, but overall, I don't think we ruin the experience for them.

One of my friends from when I was stationed in Bremerton now lives in Jacksonville. Her, her husband, and their small child attended the game to see the Hawks for the first time in years. This was her account from the game an hour before it even ended.

"Nothing like trying to enjoy the football game and the grown man in front of us is turning around to yell in mine and my 5 year old sons face. Then during the salute to vets( I'm a vet) and active duty(husbands active duty) my husband gets punched in the back of the head trying to get back to his seat. And when he turns around the cop goes I don't want to eject you. Like come on Jacksonville Jaguars what kind of crap is this..."

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1p2n3zd8 said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Tdickman89/status/940341262284214273[/tweet]
Good to hear, they are doing the right thing. Thanks for posting that.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
pmedic920":qfkpnkz6 said:
Sports Hernia":qfkpnkz6 said:
Vpk0718":qfkpnkz6 said:
When a few of our fans threw things at Navarro Bowman as he was being carted off, we told people not to judge the entire fanbase because of a minority of idiots. Please do the same here.
Just stop already!
FALSE equivalency. A few kernels of popcorn that got spilt vs full bottles of water being thrown are not the same thing.

SH, you are absolutely 100% correct they are not the same level of bad behavior but both are wrong and shouldn’t happen.

Hopefully we all can agree on that part.

YMMV
Absolutely. Bowman in his prime could play on my team any day of the week and twice on sundays. He was a baller.

If someone dumped popcorn on him on purpose they are a scumbag POS and should be banned from the stadium, but let’s keep perspective here, a few kernels of popcorn vs full bottles of water are 2 different universes. I severely doubt someone gets a concussion or breaks facial features from a few kernels of popcorn.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Aros":1h9xo9fl said:
EVERY fanbase has its share of tools. Always have, always will. Just add testosterone and alcohol.

Exactly. Niner fans could say the same about us when we threw trash at Bowman after he got injured.

AVL

Reaction score
I was there. The first thing I noticed on entering was the beer hawkers were selling canned beer cheaper than water and a lot cheaper than gatorade.$ 4 buck a can.They let you keep the top to all bottles, making a heavier projectile. I know some other places won't give you the cap. Add a late game and it was pretty rowdy.

ZigZagZeke

Reaction score
Scorpion05":37ak8gys said:
Saw this on Colin Cowherd and reports from a few people on Twitter. Apparently after the Td catch a beer was thrown at Lockett, and when Wagner and KJ Wright left stuff was also thrown at them.

I know we all feel like our team lost its cool, but it does seem like on the field as well as on the sidelines a lot of nasty stuff was going on or being said

[tweet]https://twitter.com/billbarnwell/status/940035216030146560[/tweet]
The altercations didn't start at the end of the game. A Seahawks assistant coach was purposely thrown to the ground by the Jaguars #23 at 10:00 left in the fourth quarter. That was after Jaguars #25 took a cheap shot out of bounds, helmet to helmet, on the Seahawks ball carrier in the previous play. That crap had been going on all day.

When Locket scored the Seahawks last touchdown you could clearly see a bottle hitting him in the end zone.

Seahawks Bennett did not "roll up" on anybody in the last play of the game. He did roll onto his back, but he didn't aim for anyone's legs. He did object to #65 stepping on him as he got up.

As for Seahawks #99 attempting to go into the stands after being nearly hit in the face with a weighted plastic bag, yeah, I probably would too.

The Jaguars have a bunch of morons for fans, and those morons who threw stuff at Seahawks players should be banned from all NFL stadiums for life, and also arrested for assault. Lets play again in Seattle when Seattle is not missing four of it's best defensive starters. There will be a next time...and a payback.

OP
OP
Scorpion05

Scorpion05

Reaction score
ZigZagZeke":1o17xf2m said:
Scorpion05":1o17xf2m said:
Saw this on Colin Cowherd and reports from a few people on Twitter. Apparently after the Td catch a beer was thrown at Lockett, and when Wagner and KJ Wright left stuff was also thrown at them.

I know we all feel like our team lost its cool, but it does seem like on the field as well as on the sidelines a lot of nasty stuff was going on or being said

[tweet]https://twitter.com/billbarnwell/status/940035216030146560[/tweet]
The altercations didn't start at the end of the game. A Seahawks assistant coach was purposely thrown to the ground by the Jaguars #23 at 10:00 left in the fourth quarter. That was after Jaguars #25 took a cheap shot out of bounds, helmet to helmet, on the Seahawks ball carrier in the previous play. That crap had been going on all day.

When Locket scored the Seahawks last touchdown you could clearly see a bottle hitting him in the end zone.

Seahawks Bennett did not "roll up" on anybody in the last play of the game. He did roll onto his back, but he didn't aim for anyone's legs. He did object to #65 stepping on him as he got up.

As for Seahawks #99 attempting to go into the stands after being nearly hit in the face with a weighted plastic bag, yeah, I probably would too.

The Jaguars have a bunch of morons for fans, and those morons who threw stuff at Seahawks players should be banned from all NFL stadiums for life, and also arrested for assault. Lets play again in Seattle when Seattle is not missing four of it's best defensive starters. There will be a next time...and a payback.

Yep, I would love another crack at them