Tyler Lockett

RW92

Reaction score
Just wanted to get a feel from those who live in Seattle and have been, or heard from those attending practice, on how healthy and recovered Lockett looks? Is he ready to go full speed?

I have to be honest, I'm still miffed at the notion that we had to let Kasen W. go. He played his but off this pre-season and unless I'm wrong Tyler didn't play one snap. Hey, I love the before injured Tyler as much as anyone else here on this board. But if you're telling me that Pete kept a wide receiver with one leg over a kid who worked his but off, ran down the field with separation, stopped, jumped higher than the defender and secured the catch, I'd say "come again". That's something special. Even Richard Sherman was shocked if you read his tweet. I mean the guy had 119 yards in four catches in the first pre-season game. If they really wanted they could have waived Tyler. He would have cleared waivers. No one I think would have taken him still recovering from an injury and without seeing him play this pre-season. Keep Kasen, and then resign Tyler to the practice squad. Let him heal and this way we have our cake and eat it too. Hey what can you do. I live in Ct. , follow the team and trust the GM as much as I can. I just hope the kid Darboh is a good as advertised. Keep your fingers crossed that P. Rich, who I also love, holds together with a little tape, glue, and a few prayers. Let's see how all this pans out in GreenBay 1 week from today. As I've said in the past, "Time will only Tell".

Seanhawk

Reaction score
You don't think Tyler Lockett has worked his butt off coming back from injury?

OP
OP
R

RW92

Reaction score
I didn't insinuate how hard he has worked. My question is how healthy is he? Hey, if he plays next week, see if he plays with or without a knee brace. Let's evaluate his speed and quickness. Just because we personally like a guy doesn't equate how successful he will be regardless on how hard he has worked to come back from his injury. Just ask Tony Romo.

Seymour

Reaction score
Hey, I didn't like the cut either, but waive Lockett? That is a completely crazy idea that would last 10 seconds before someone snagged him. Come on man..... :roll:

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
I've never met the guy personally, but his track record in the NFL is all the credential he needs to be picked up by the first team that can grab him.

Are you seriously equating Kysen Williams' NFL history to Tyler Lockett's? They both came into the league in the same year, but that's where any similarities end.

Williams is a guy thrying to make the transition from practice squad to the regular roster. Lockett has proven he belongs on the active roster since his very first touches in his first pre-season, and has gone on to prove it in the regular season.

sc85sis

Reaction score
You don't waive your number two receiver for a practice squad guy who looked good in the preseason.

Sherm wasn't upset they kept Lockett over Williams.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
RW92":2qdhufan said:
But if you're telling me that Pete kept a wide receiver with one leg over a kid who worked his but off, ran down the field with separation, stopped, jumped higher than the defender and secured the catch, I'd say "come again". That's something special.

It really isn't anything special. What you described is about 20% of a complete WR's job.

OP
OP
R

RW92

Reaction score
I understand what you're saying but I haven't seen him play since last year. Unless you have seen him practice, give me some insight on his recovery. Look, the best players play; that's it. If a guy is close to recovery and has been great in the past then yes, you have to keep him. But Pete has given us as much information on Tyler's recovery as he has on McDowell's injury. Look, I would love to see Tyler run free as he did for us as a rookie. I just haven't seen it lately. Last year before he broke his leg he had that nagging knee injury where he had to wear a knew brace that definitely slowed him down. Hey I hope you're right and I'm wrong. I'm just concerned.

Steve2222

Reaction score
I got a sideline pass to one of their practices this summer and BS'd with Lockett for about 10 minutes. He said he had no doubt he'd be at 100% by the time the season started. Extremely nice kid too by the way.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
RW92, are you really Kasen Williams? 'Cause that's the only way your post makes any sense.

Alexander

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":1etz7j4p said:
RW92, are you really Kasen Williams? 'Cause that's the only way your post makes any sense.

To be fair to Kasen Williams, I'm pretty sure even he doesn't think the Hawks should've cut Lockett over him.

I honestly can't believe someone would post something like this thread. Lockett hasn't been cut because he's demonstrated Pro Bowl talent as a WR in real games, and as unfortunate as his injury was, everyone expects a full recovery. The only question is when he reaches 100%. By all accounts, he'll be ready to go for the the start of the season. Even if he's not really 100% healthy or in game shape by then, he should be near his old self at some point this season.

aredub

Reaction score
Blitzer88":aqezb6ur said:
Well this is an interesting topic..............

Haha, interesting is not the word I came up with.

RW92, dude....come on....you know football better than that. There is no way in hell Lockett would clear waivers. None, zero percent chance.

OP
OP
R

RW92

Reaction score
Alexander":1c2rrxtm said:
Jazzhawk":1c2rrxtm said:

To be fair to Kasen Williams, I'm pretty sure even he doesn't think the Hawks should've cut Lockett over him.

I honestly can't believe someone would post something like this thread. Lockett hasn't been cut because he's demonstrated Pro Bowl talent as a WR in real games, and as unfortunate as his injury was, everyone expects a full recovery. The only question is when he reaches 100%. By all accounts, he'll be ready to go for the the start of the season. Even if he's not really 100% healthy or in game shape by then, he should be near his old self at some point this season.

And at what point is he healthy? Hey glad to see this post has created debate laced with such temerity. But I have my opinion and I will stand by what I saw. I don't care if it's against the norm. I just want the best players at this time (not a month from now), to have an opportunity. Hey I hope Tyler does play next week and he's healthy. We need him. Let's hope for a win and see what happens.

chris98251

Reaction score
RW92":n6wdz8q0 said:
Alexander":n6wdz8q0 said:
Jazzhawk":n6wdz8q0 said:

And at what point is he healthy? Hey glad to see this post has created debate laced with such temerity. But I have my opinion and I will stand by what I saw. I don't care if it's against the norm. I just want the best players at this time (not a month from now), to have an opportunity. Hey I hope Tyler does play next week and he's healthy. We need him. Let's hope for a win and see what happens.

So if a player gets a hang nail cut him and let someone else play no matter the level of talent the player injured has, if he can't go the guy on the practice squad is better due to health.