razor150

Reaction score
kf3339":2i3kdq7y said:
razor150":2i3kdq7y said:
TwistedHusky":2i3kdq7y said:
"Lockett is a good Tate replacement."

HAHAHAHAHA

No.

Lockett occasionally runs a few TDs back, occasionally catches a TD pass, and every now and then catches a few passes between.

Tate was a consistent threat, a 3rd down converter and ridiculously good at fighting for the ball. Those passes Lockett went up and missed? Tate would have had. To be fair, Tate was pretty mediocre his first few years, so maybe Lockett turns into that - but overall value of Tate now vs Lockett now? Not comparable.

I am not talking now more towards the future. He is a far better returner then Tate ever was. Tate now is shining largely because he is 2nd fiddle, and I don't mean that to take anything away from him. He is great in his role, and the scheme he is in helps reach his full potential. Here he is the #1, with a system not as suited for him, and he just wasn't as effective here as he is in Detroit.

Would it be nice to have him? Sure it would. Would he make a huge difference? I am not as sure about that.

When Megatron was injured Tate was their #1 and put on over 1000 yards receiving last year. So he would be far better than anything we have at RW right now. Not sure where you think he can only be a second fiddle.

You make I sound like Megatron was out most of the year. He had a 1000 yard season as well, if my memory is serving me correctly. Also, as I said the system Tate is in is better suited for him in Detroit. He wasn't a huge threat when he was here because our offense isn't designed to make receivers a threat. He wouldn't put those numbers up here. He is better off in Detroit. Baldwin would do better in a different system as well, if we hadn't resigned him but had Tate people would be moaning about him as well.

All this pointing at past player and thinking they were the secret sauce when they most likely weren't doesn't prove anything. The decline can be easily explained, a declining defense, a historically poor online, and a qb who looks to have peaked his 2nd year in the league.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":p2h61c7x said:
Tical21":p2h61c7x said:
Did anybody see what Zach Miller did today? Thurmond playing well. Malcolm Smith playing well.
Wrong Zach Miller.

It's baffling to me that so many people can't figure this out.

Tical21

Reaction score
peppersjap":19wjt7ft said:
How many weeks are we going to get the "Zack Miller" comment? The Zack Miller that played for us is sitting at home raising his children and not playing football. As far as Unger being missed, there are plenty of other people on the inactive list where he was most of last year. He was going to be overpaid and probably would have been a salary cap casualty. So tired of hearing about who we should have kept when people would have freaked if we didn't sign Wagner, Sherman, Thomas, etc.
You guys have no sense of humor.

HawkMark1976

Reaction score
It is not a cool, popular move to draft a center or O line in early rounds but the hawks better do just that in 2016 so we can rebuild the team. The need for big hogs on the O line to protect Russell and make holes for running game is a critical need NOW.

On the bright side, Seattle will be placed in a high draft pick order in 2016 cause we are a 6-10 team in 2015...sad to say :(

djb28

Reaction score
I was livid losing Giacomini and Tate. I thought we would get by without Unger. But no way is that true. He is needed. Anyone who can lead that line is neefed. No one has stepped up.