Update: Walter Thurmond visits SF; signs with Giants

Popeyejones

Reaction score
^^^^ Yeah, he's a FA and most likely not coming back to the 9ers unless he makes it to the end of FA w/out an offer, and even then it's questionable. The 9ers first offered Brown the 4/16 deal, and when he turned it down they gave it to Brock.

SeahawksFanForever

Reaction score
I think he is a better outside corner than slot. If he can stay healthy and not have any off the field issues then he is a solid starting corner. I still remember that one game from a few years back vs Cardinals where he did an amazing job vs Larry Fitzgerald. That was impressive. He's definitely talented.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
I know he's a FA, I know he lost his starting spot, I know it's business, but I really wish just as a courtesy to his fans (which as of now are mostly Seahawks Fans) wouldn't entertain an offer from the Niners. Kind of lame, but oh well.

drdiags

Reaction score
Dude can't really be choosy. He is one strike away from a year suspension. And a portion of his fans that were Husky fans didn't take it easy on him for openly pulling for the Ducks (his alma mater). The players, whether they want to be or not, are basically mercenaries. Most are viewed as expendable by the fanbase and even the beloved ones are cheered to go behind the barn and take a bullet when they are long on the hoof.

OP
OP
M

Marvin49

Reaction score
Niners signed Cris Cook for a bag of chips (league minimum). Won't prevent any other signings. I doubt Cook even makes the team.

Terrell Brown just signed with the Raiders (1 year, 3.5 mil).

My guess is Niners sign Thurmond to 1 year deal or take a few corners in the draft...or both.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Marvin49":34lccm0a said:
Niners signed Cris Cook for a bag of chips (league minimum). Won't prevent any other signings. I doubt Cook even makes the team.

My guess is Niners sign Thurmond to 1 year deal or take a few corners in the draft...or both.
I certainly hope Cook makes the team.

OP
OP
M

Marvin49

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3fiylpnu said:
Marvin49":3fiylpnu said:

I certainly hope Cook makes the team.

LOL.

I know you do. :D