Updated College Football Playoff Rankings

JSeahawks

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":29f350z8 said:
TorontoHawk":29f350z8 said:
peachesenregalia":29f350z8 said:
Oklahoma State are a nailed-on LOCK for the playoff at this point. Their SOS is far superior to Iowa, ND and Ohio State at this point, and wins over power-houses like ISU are only solidifying that position. Baylor and OU don't stand a chance.

Does anyone else think Ohio State is one of the most over rated teams? Most of the teams they play are like practice games.

Ohio State and OU are the two most cinsistently overrated teams in college football each year.

Don't forget Notre dame.

TorontoHawk

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2byc0e2z said:
peachesenregalia":2byc0e2z said:
TorontoHawk":2byc0e2z said:
peachesenregalia":2byc0e2z said:
Oklahoma State are a nailed-on LOCK for the playoff at this point. Their SOS is far superior to Iowa, ND and Ohio State at this point, and wins over power-houses like ISU are only solidifying that position. Baylor and OU don't stand a chance.

Does anyone else think Ohio State is one of the most over rated teams? Most of the teams they play are like practice games.

Ohio State and OU are the two most cinsistently overrated teams in college football each year.

Don't forget Notre dame.

I don't think ND is over rated, they play multiple ranked teams all year. Look at some of the schedules the top teams play, I can't believe how easy Ohio State and some of the top ranked teams play. Seems like blowing out crappy teams is better than beating ranked teams in a close game.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
So Oklahoma is in. Winner of Michigan state/Iowa is in. If Clemson and Alabama win their title games they're in. If one of them loses it gets interesting.

Maulbert

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2el9liid said:
So Oklahoma is in. Winner of Michigan state/Iowa is in. If Clemson and Alabama win their title games they're in. If one of them loses it gets interesting.

There is a chance that if North Carolina manages to upset Clemson, they could take a spot in the playoff. I know it's not the most impressive resume, but they would be 12-1 and ACC champs with a victory over the #1 team.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Maulbert":33g5akcu said:
JSeahawks":33g5akcu said:

There is a chance that if North Carolina manages to upset Clemson, they could take a spot in the playoff. I know it's not the most impressive resume, but they would be 12-1 and ACC champs with a victory over the #1 team.

I wouldn't have too much of a problem with that. I think you should be a conference winner to get into the playoffs. So if Clemson loses it should be either North Carolina or Stanford. If Alabama loses, then I think the sec gets shut out and Stanford should take their spot. (This all depends on Stanford beating USC of course)

DTexHawk

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":jl9mfktc said:
DTexHawk":jl9mfktc said:
Peaches, I'm pulling for Okie State this week!

:thirishdrinkers:

Really hate to see ok win.

IMO, if you lose to a horrible tu team, you shouldn't be allowed in the playoffs.

Bama will win it all,

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Top 4 remains the same ... Ohio State going to be huge Carolina fans this weekend
1. Clemson
2. Bama
3. OU
4. Iowa

_____

5. Michigan State
6. Ohio State
7. Stanford
8. Notre Dame
9. Florida State
10. North Carolina

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Ill bet that if 2 loss Stanford beats USC and wins the league championship they'll jump 1 loss, none champion Ohio state.

Rat

Reaction score
The Buckeyes are going to need Stanford to lose and either Clemson or Alabama as well. I'm not terribly optimistic, but chaos has happened at this time of year before. As bad as Florida looked last week, Alabama has done basically nothing to deserve the #2 ranking, so hopefully something can happen there.

DTexHawk

Reaction score
Rat":udcjik81 said:
The Buckeyes are going to need Stanford to lose and either Clemson or Alabama as well. I'm not terribly optimistic, but chaos has happened at this time of year before. As bad as Florida looked last week, Alabama has done basically nothing to deserve the #2 ranking, so hopefully something can happen there.

Amazing how 11-1 is basically nothing around here. :stirthepot:

Rat

Reaction score
DTexHawk":3tsltsp5 said:
Rat":3tsltsp5 said:

Amazing how 11-1 is basically nothing around here. :stirthepot:
I'm not saying that Alabama shouldn't be in the top four, my argument was more that they haven't been so impressive that beating Florida should be considered a foregone conclusion. Alabama only has one win against a currently ranked team (#21 LSU) and was beat by three-loss Ole Miss. If there was anyone outside of Clemson and Oklahoma that had a strong playoff resume, I think there would be a good argument that they should be on the outside looking in.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2s0rbwhb said:
Ill bet that if 2 loss Stanford beats USC and wins the league championship they'll jump 1 loss, none champion Ohio state.

I think the only way Stanford leaps tOSU in that instance would be if Iowa beat Sparty (weakening that loss on the Buckeyes resume). If Sparty beats Iowa, suddenly they have 4 wins over Top 15 opponents and that loss doesn't look anywhere near as bad.

Of course it's all moot if Clemson takes care of business. There's no way Alabama will lose, Florida can't score.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Rat":la3wc5ng said:

Just think how close we came to a Bama team sitting at #2 without being in the conference title game. If Arky doesn't convert that miracle 4th and 25 in OT .. Ole Miss would have been playing Florida right now.

Rat

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2vu5xhvm said:
Rat":2vu5xhvm said:

Just think how close we came to a Bama team sitting at #2 without being in the conference title game. If Arky doesn't convert that miracle 4th and 25 in OT .. Ole Miss would have been playing Florida right now.
The Buckeyes would be playing in the Big 10 Title Game if it weren't for that crazy punt block return at the end of the Michigan State - Michigan game. I can't be too bitter because none of it would matter if we had shown up for that MSU home game disaster, but it's frustrating that we got screwed on the two most freakishly unlikely plays of the season, despite not playing in either game.