US Mens Soccer

Uncle Si

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":2pyt6tz4 said:
I hate Klinsmann and just wish they'd get rid of him. He's not worth an analysis why, which I could give, but won't waste my time on him. My analysis: He sucks.

I'd actually prefer an analysis....he's reshaped soccer in this country over the last 5-6 years. One loss to Jamaica in preparatory tournament with half your players shouldn't diminish that.

OP
OP
SeatownJay

SeatownJay

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":28jhvsvv said:
I hate Klinsmann and just wish they'd get rid of him. He's not worth an analysis why, which I could give, but won't waste my time on him. My analysis: He sucks.
The only problem with canning Klinsmann right now, besides all the money he'd be owed, is who can you realistically hire at this time that would be a definite improvement?

Uncle Si

Reaction score
SeatownJay":5hczilgu said:
SalishHawkFan":5hczilgu said:
The only problem with canning Klinsmann right now, besides all the money he'd be owed, is who can you realistically hire at this time that would be a definite improvement?

That's not close to the "only" problem.

Klinsmann has redefined the structure, identity, organization and approach of the entire US soccer system. It's not just about the senior team at this point.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":39la5xbf said:

I'm with Si, I wasn't a big Klinsmann fan when they first hired him because I didn't think the US had the technical talent and soccer IQ in it's players to play the more abstract "Euro" style of soccer with movement, space and possession.

But Jurgen's showed that we can play that way, and that gives me hope.............even if the results aren't always there.

I admired Bradley and what he meant to growing US soccer, but I always felt his direct rudimentary style of coaching was defeatist.

knownone

Reaction score
I think a lot of people just underestimated Jamaica and we are seeing a bit of a visceral reaction because of it. Jamaica has arguably the best back line in Concacaf, seriously this is a team that played in Copa America and only gave up 3 goals total to teams with much more attacking prowess than the USA.
Jamaican isn't great going forward from the run of play, but they are great on set pieces, that's what killed us.

I honestly don't see why anyone is calling for Klinsmans head and SI nailed it... It's one game

On a side note Michael Bradley drives me f-ing crazy, why the f*** does he keep trying olimpicos, I know he's scored one but this is getting ridiculous. I genuinely feel like he's wasting opportunities, he's not Pirlo hell he's not even Fabian Johnson let's stop trying fancy shots from free kicks and corners 2-4 times a game and you know... use our size and athleticism.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
knownone":3o5rerjc said:
On a side note Michael Bradley drives me f-ing crazy, why the f*** does he keep trying olimpicos, I know he's scored one but this is getting ridiculous. I genuinely feel like he's wasting opportunities, he's not Pirlo hell he's not even Fabian Johnson let's stop trying fancy shots from free kicks and corners 2-4 times a game and you know... use our size and athleticism.

I think Bradley presses when Jozy's not on the pitch, he feels like he needs to provide goals, because let's face it Johannsson hasn't proven squat with the opportunities Jurgen's given him. In fact, he had a golden opportunity in the first half and missed.

Bradley did not have a good match, but IMO he pressed because other than Clint there was no one else on the pitch that was a dependable goal scorer........or even creating chances.

OP
OP
SeatownJay

SeatownJay

Reaction score
John Brooks is an absolute waste of a roster spot. But because he's from Germany Klinsmann insists on repeatedly starting him.

Chapow

Reaction score
Wow.

This is a unbelievably poor performance by the USMNT today. Defense is getting just shredded over and over again.

We are extremely fortunate to not be down by 3 or 4 goals at this point.

Aaaaaaaaaaand, Dempsey scores as I type this to tie it up at 1-1.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3vclc39t said:
Sgt. Largent":3vclc39t said:

Neymar...

I expected Brazil to win, but I didn't expect the US to look like utter garbage not even belonging on the same pitch.

And from seeing how good Mexico looked against a very stacked Argentina squad? I think we're in big trouble October 10th.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2627hqjt said:
Uncle Si":2627hqjt said:
Sgt. Largent":2627hqjt said:

Neymar...

I expected Brazil to win, but I didn't expect the US to look like utter garbage not even belonging on the same pitch.

And from seeing how good Mexico looked against a very stacked Argentina squad? I think we're in big trouble October 10th.

That wasn't more than 4 of the U.S. starters for that game, nor the formation they will roll out for Mexico

But Mexico did look good

OP
OP
SeatownJay

SeatownJay

Reaction score
So with the US stumbling through the Gold Cup, then losing to Mexico in the CONCACAF playoff for the 2017 Confederations Cup, there is a lot of talk out there about Klinsmann's act wearing thin. My question to those who are more knowledgeable than me of high level international soccer is this. If US Soccer decides now is the time to dump Klinsmann, who is out there that would be both an improvement and a realistic replacement?

Smurf

Reaction score
SeatownJay":yk9uy2ak said:
So with the US stumbling through the Gold Cup, then losing to Mexico in the CONCACAF playoff for the 2017 Confederations Cup, there is a lot of talk out there about Klinsmann's act wearing thin. My question to those who are more knowledgeable than me of high level international soccer is this. If US Soccer decides now is the time to dump Klinsmann, who is out there that would be both an improvement and a realistic replacement?

Bruce Arena

Miguel Herrerra

are two names I've heard.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Smurf":w05c6jb1 said:
SeatownJay":w05c6jb1 said:

Bruce Arena

Miguel Herrerra

are two names I've heard.

Didn't Bruce already have a stint coaching the USMNT before Bob Bradley? Arena wouldn't be much of an upgrade over Klinsman.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Arena nor Herrera are not real options

Could see Caleb Porter, Claudia Reyna locally. If they look internationally there are a host of names

Latest posts