UW AT Hawaii

dopeboy206

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2dsycuw0 said:
Whats the score? From this thread it would seem UW is getting blown out. but last i saw they were leading.

UW up 17-16. Lindquist sucks, our RBs looks slow, just be thankful u dont have to witness this embarrassing game. Even if UW wins this game their performance is still an embarrassment to the Pac-12.

Chapow

Reaction score
Hey! Lindquist recovered a fumble! First thing he's done this half that didn't suck.

And then proceeds to throw the ball behind his receiver again.

And then takes a sack.

:34853_doh:

dopeboy206

Reaction score
I remember reading some UW fans on Dawgman saying Lindquist is the next Jake Locker. I just dont see it.

dopeboy206

Reaction score
And Coleman has no wiggle. He looks slow and does not look like a Pac-12 caliber RB.

Chapow

Reaction score
dopeboy206":icook59r said:
I remember reading some UW fans on Dawgman saying Lindquist is the next Jake Locker. I just dont see it.

They are smoking crack laced with PCP and Meth.

Although that was a nice job picking up that first down.

dopeboy206

Reaction score
Nice job getting the first only to throw a dumb ass pass on 3rd down. Smh

Chapow

Reaction score
It is shocking how inaccurate he is. Many of his throws aren't even remotely close.

Crabhawk

Reaction score
Everything about this game, except John Ross and maybe that Durkee kid, has been horrible.

Chapow

Reaction score
Time to reevaluate my expectations for the season.

That was like a slap in the face.

Or a kick in the balls.

dopeboy206

Reaction score
I will be pissed if Lindquist starts next week. Troy Williams should of gotten the start. Lindquist makes Jake Locker look like Joe Montana.

kearly

Reaction score
I got "Willingham era" vibes from this game. Granted, so much of what ails this team is at QB...

...but I honestly don't remember a single game from the Sark era that was this poorly coached. The totally inexcusable delay of game penalties before punts (one of them was on their own 8 yard line!), the hurry up offense with the lead and like 4 minutes to go, the inability to make adjustments to those trap runs right up the middle, the refusal to dumb down the offense for Lindquist who rarely even came close to a completion in the 2nd half...

I get that UW probably wants to use these early games to stage a competition at RB, but to me it's pretty clear that Dwayne Washington is their most explosive and most talented RB. Coleman had a solid game despite two huge mistakes that he was very lucky to get away with (the 4th quarter fumble and stepping out of bounds on 3rd down at the very end of the game). That Dwayne Washington only saw about 25% of the carries in a game that was super close also seemed like poor judgement to me. Dwayne Washington has the speed to break big plays, and Hawaii has a big, slow defense. Give the guy 50-75% of the carries and he probably pops off a few 30-40 yard runs against that slow ass D and maybe some long TDs.

Painful to watch. Didn't exactly love Petersen's demeanor on the sideline either.

davidonmi

Reaction score
while petersen was bad tonight kearly I can remember plenty of games that sark coached this poorly.
The team looks terrible, if they don't improve they'll be lucky to make a bowl. Which would be completely unacceptable.
That said I believe in petersen, but wow that was bad.

davidonmi

Reaction score
dopeboy206":23e31r6s said:
I will be pissed if Lindquist starts next week. Troy Williams should of gotten the start. Lindquist makes Nick Montana look like Joe Montana.

Tical21

Reaction score
Hopefully we just saw the duration of the Jeff Lindquist era. Really surprised Williams didn't get a shot in the 4th quarter. I'm sure Pete didn't think we would be this bad and really didn't know what to do about it. I disagree about Washington. I thought he looked really slow through the hole, ran straight up and timid, and was really ineffective. I thought Coleman ran much more decisively. Wasn't he somewhere around 100 yards? I think Washington only had one run of 5 or more. Pretty disappointed in him through the hole. Why didn't we try to get it to Ross a bit more? Man, Lindquist was a trainwreck. Our O-line that was supposed to be good wasn't. Shelton played well, can't say much for anybody else. Timu was disappointing. Shaq was disappointing. Baker got used pretty good. So did #6. Don't know what is up with making Peters play so far off the ball and giving up the short stuff.

I'm not going to comment on the coaching yet. I wasn't on the coach Pete wagon when we got him, but there isn't any way I'm going to judge him after one game. We're so lucky that punt didn't get blocked in the end zone. I really can't believe we won this game. I was sure we were going to lose. Lindquist was so bad that we just couldn't get anyone involved.

We better not lose to Eastern.

davidonmi

Reaction score
I don't think we lose to eastern, but it wouldn't shock me.
I am incredibly disappointed with the offensive and defensive lines

kearly

Reaction score
davidonmi":2zick5pc said:
while petersen was bad tonight kearly I can remember plenty of games that sark coached this poorly.

Strongly disagree. Sark had his shortcomings (taking way too long to fix the defense and never getting the O-line where you would like it to be, overall low ceiling as a program, etc) but his offenses were sharp/focused (unless Price was having a nervous breakdown). Sark always seemed to think things through. Can't really remember a game where Sark looked completely unprepared and made dumbass mistakes like this.

davidonmi":2zick5pc said:
I am incredibly disappointed with the offensive and defensive lines

Seemed like the D-line kept getting killed by the same exact run 2-3 plays over and over, I put that on the coaches. There were stretches where the run D looked fine and others where the pass rush looked okay. Seemed like a few of those Hawaii running plays just killed UW though. Huskies looked completely unprepared for those trap block run plays.

I guess I am in the minority but I actually thought the O-line was somewhat of a bright spot. Gave Lindquist decent time to throw and UW actually managed the same YPC as Hawaii did. And when the game was on the line at the end, UW put the game on their OL to grind some tough yards and they succeeded with relative ease.

Of course, Hawaii was not too bright, committing six man fronts at times late in the 4th quarter, so that certainly helped UW's 4th quarter run game heroics.