Vernon Davis not participating in OTAs

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2zq4let7 said:
Sports Hernia":2zq4let7 said:
I'm not complaining but I've noticed you've posted a lot less since Seattle ended the digits season....... but now you are starting to feel more brave as your false bravado grows as a new season is on the horizon.

Neat! :sarcasm_off:

Lol at the delusional timeline. I posted a ton through the beginning of March and since then have posted much, much less for the exact reason I said I'd be posting much, much less: my wife gave birth to our first child -- a daughter -- on March 15. I just simply don't have the time to clean up hers while also commenting on your incessant obsession with rolling around in yours. ;)
I think you should pay more attention to your new priorities in life than trolling a rival fan forum. Time to grow up and be an adult, right?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
JZ#1":usvr1v9m said:
Don't bother with Sports Hernia. He is borderline stocker who can't have an intelligent football conversation without trolling anyone who disagrees with him. I wouldn't be surprised if he has your post history printed up on his wall.
This is rich coming from the biggest Nina troll who masquerades as a Hawks fan. You're acting skills are poor, son!

PS. I'm going to pull a Roland here...... The word is "stalker" not "stocker"...... Nina trolls don't spell well either?

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
JZ#1 - I bet people would get off your case if you would just come clean and admit that you are a 49er fan.

Original topic: Vernon Davis had better get used to sitting on his couch because the 49ers are going to try and sign Crabtree next. I'm guessing Davis gives this one up, but if he doesn't, that should be interesting.

Considering that Roman's offense has Kaepernick making only one or two reads at a time and that they will be pounding the ball a ton this year with Gore/Hyde/Lattimer, I don't see that Davis has any leverage at all, whatsoever.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Today Vern said he started trying to get a new deal done DURING last season.

Mike 4G

Reaction score
SouthSoundHawk":wirif4hh said:
Sarlacc83":wirif4hh said:
loafoftatupu":wirif4hh said:
Vernon Davis will be playing and he will get his coin. He is a bad-ass that just has a real serious Kamtrack allergy.

To be fair, he continues to go up against the Kam-track.

He loses every time, but he tries, God bless him.

You have to respect a guy that puts in extra work. In this case, working on his ability to take a hit from Kam Chancellor.

This happened the week following the second 'hawks game. Right back at it, perfecting that craft.
vernon.gif

DAP. DAP.
I think I remember someone asking if Kam got flagged for that play.

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":na4phh5o said:
JZ#1 - I bet people would get off your case if you would just come clean and admit that you are a 49er fan.

Original topic: Vernon Davis had better get used to sitting on his couch because the 49ers are going to try and sign Crabtree next. I'm guessing Davis gives this one up, but if he doesn't, that should be interesting.

Considering that Roman's offense has Kaepernick making only one or two reads at a time and that they will be pounding the ball a ton this year with Gore/Hyde/Lattimer, I don't see that Davis has any leverage at all, whatsoever.

Oh hell no, he claims to be a Hawk fan he's all yours.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":10b8hhej said:
Smelly McUgly":10b8hhej said:

HAHA, even you know that's not true. Why don't you put his helmut back on him and try and keep him from licking the windows while you take him home. :D

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Mike 4G":3cv7tgwc said:
SouthSoundHawk":3cv7tgwc said:
Sarlacc83":3cv7tgwc said:
loafoftatupu":3cv7tgwc said:
Vernon Davis will be playing and he will get his coin. He is a bad-ass that just has a real serious Kamtrack allergy.

You have to respect a guy that puts in extra work. In this case, working on his ability to take a hit from Kam Chancellor.

This happened the week following the second 'hawks game. Right back at it, perfecting that craft.
vernon.gif

DAP. DAP.

I heard that wall and Kam are related.

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
RichNhansom":2k287a4s said:
lvnginhwktwn":2k287a4s said:
Smelly McUgly":2k287a4s said:

HAHA, even you know that's not true. Why don't you put his helmut back on him and try and keep him from licking the windows while you take him home. :D

ROFLMAO!

byau

Reaction score
ADB is an exception to the rule.

I hate holdouts as a fan. As a person that has to work for a living, I have come around to understanding why for the players it's the norm. It's practically the only leverage players have. And that's the same for just about every entrepreneur or business owner including team owners - use the leverage you have to get the best deal.

"In today’s NFL, players have every right to hold out"
"He has the right to hold out because, if he does, he’s behaving no differently than the men who amassed enough money and influence to own an NFL team. Businessmen don’t simply trip into success (although some are born into it); they make shrewd decisions, based on the realities of any given situation with which they’re faced."
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -hold-out/

"Blame the system, not the holdout"

"As one unnamed agent said, "Players hold out today for the same reason they did 15 or 20 years ago: It's the only option they have. Contracts in other industries can be bilateral -- meaning both parties have control in the agreement -- but in the NFL they are unilateral. All the power goes to one party."
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/83216 ... me-holdout

byau

Reaction score
Mike 4G":1v7rmtxq said:
SouthSoundHawk":1v7rmtxq said:
Sarlacc83":1v7rmtxq said:
loafoftatupu":1v7rmtxq said:

vernon.gif

DAP. DAP.

hahahaha :229031_victory:

GLOCKHAWK

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":1l69h2la said:
Funny thing about all that Niner "talent". It was stockpiled from years of sucking and drafting early. Schneider is a baws.

THIS

Marvin49

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":tq4fd16e said:
Before I forget, congrats to Popeye on his new daughter (and I mean that sincerely).

Now I'm going to call CPS because Popeye is unjustly abusing that poor baby by preparing to raise her as a 49er fan.

OK...genuinely...that's funny. :D

Marvin49

Reaction score
Scottemojo":11asefoc said:
Today Vern said he started trying to get a new deal done DURING last season.

Correct.

I think this is about a couple things...

1) The Fantex thing. I think he's actually trying to act like a corporation and raise his stock value (and no, I'm not really cool with that).

2) I don't think this is so much about getting a raise as it is about extending the length of the contract in order to remain in SF till he retires and again, increase the value of his "stock".

I think the whole thing (Fantex) is kinda loony to be honest with you. I'm not a fan.

I think he'll report to mandatory camp BTW and likely won't be extended till next year when they can convert his salary to a signing bonus and lower his cap number while extending the contract.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
He has already stated he'll be at mandatory training camp according to Sirius radio. The problem in ninnie land is you have an unhappy superstar that wants his contract redone. I don't think he'd intentionally "dog it" on the field but subconsciously might not be "all in" on the little intangibles that win or lose games.

byau

Reaction score
Popeyejones":1myhx10s said:
Lol at the delusional timeline. I posted a ton through the beginning of March and since then have posted much, much less for the exact reason I said I'd be posting much, much less: my wife gave birth to our first child -- a daughter -- on March 15.

Hey! Congrats!!

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
Popeyejones":adxytam7 said:
Smelly McUgly":adxytam7 said:
Seattle also made sure to re-do Clemons's contract when he briefly held out a couple years ago, but Seattle's FO tries their best to reward players who perform.

Like how they never even bothered offering Tate a deal so that they could pay Percy two million per catch last year? Or like how they cut Robinson too late for him to catch on anywhere else last year, or like how they cut one of their team captains one year after extending him to avoid giving him his roster bonus because they decided they liked a rental FA better?

And I'm not even remotely bagging on the Hawks at all. EVERY fan of every team is living in a glass house when throwing those stones.

Well, by the way, you are comparing apples and oranges. Re-doing a guy's deal =/= not offering Tate a deal. Robinson was sick and got a tryout with the Titans, but was well under his playing weight even then. He got back to his playing weight and, hey, look at that, he got a contract!

The cuts this past year are the cuts. I'm just talking about re-structures. When a guy has earned more than he's making, so far, they have worked with that guy ASAP. Clemons, Sherman, Baldwin, Thomas, etc.

You're trying to move the goalposts just enough to make a point that isn't quite what we're talking about. Nice try with the red herring.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
JZ#1":5pohakyy said:
Don't bother with Sports Hernia. He is borderline stocker who can't have an intelligent football conversation without trolling anyone who disagrees with him. I wouldn't be surprised if he has your post history printed up on his wall.
"stalker" dude., not "stocker". Whiner fans, sheesh!

As for Vernon, only 2 years into a SIGNED contract and still the 2nd highest paid TE in the game. Selfish much big guy?