VIDEO: Seattle Children's Hospital thanking the Wilsons

Kamcussion

Reaction score
What an amazing couple of people... One of the very few professional athletes that can actually be described as a role model

tooshort

Reaction score
Damn, somebody must be cutting onions in the kitchen.

That dude(and his wife) just exude class at every turn. It is nearly unbelievable how he interacts with the local community, the way he reps his religion without shoving it in peoples faces, the way he leads his team etc..etc..

This ever growing man crush is not subsiding anytime soon methinks. :179417:

hawksman53

Reaction score
Even if someone was to hate the hawks how could you NOT love Russell Wilson? I know there are a lot of NFL players that do this kind of thing but are they even NEARLY as passionate about it as he is? I took my step daughter to Childrens Hospital for MRI's and Catscans of her eyes and brain and just sitting in the waiting room talking to some of the parents who are dealing with some of the things these children are going through is absolutely heartbreaking. When I saw a 2 year old ( same age as my son at the time) with Leukimia I lost it for a few minutes. I absolutely could not imagine!!!

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
That was awesome. Kinda tough reading all the posts though watery eyes though.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
I'd rather have Kaepernick, he's more marketable....

RiverDog

Reaction score
No way in hell could I go into Children's and look those kids in the eye and smile as if there's nothing wrong. I'd rather spend the afternoon in the dentists chair than I would go into Children's. I'm not that strong.

Last year, I had a friend of a friend pass along an email from a parent that had a kid in Children's. They were in a room with their child when in walked Russell to serve a meal. This isn't some sort of phony United Way commercial that's staged for maximum marketing effect. Those were pictures and videos shot by families and staff.

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
I don't know how he does this with a smile. I would leave there feeling so depressed and helpless. I don't give two shits about football when I see stuff like this. This is just a man that I want to know. He is good to the core, and he is real. Bless you and all you do, Russ.

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
By the way, does anyone else get uneasy when people bring up Kaep as a comparison in these situations? Like, it seriously pisses me off. I know I'm doing it now, but it's in response to the post a few above. Like why? Who gives a flying f about Kaep? This is about goodness and decency. Can we just be fans of a man and leave the rivalry that shouldn't even be, alone?

tdigitee

Reaction score
RiverDog":1kauediv said:
Last year, I had a friend of a friend pass along an email from a parent that had a kid in Children's. They were in a room with their child when in walked Russell to serve a meal. This isn't some sort of phony United Way commercial that's staged for maximum marketing effect. Those were pictures and videos shot by families and staff.

That is awesome. Just awesome.

tdigitee

Reaction score
KARAVARUS":37jktuc9 said:
By the way, does anyone else get uneasy when people bring up Kaep as a comparison in these situations? Like, it seriously pisses me off. I know I'm doing it now, but it's in response to the post a few above. Like why? Who gives a flying f about Kaep? This is about goodness and decency. Can we just be fans of a man and leave the rivalry that shouldn't even be, alone?

+1000000

Same thing happened in the Make a Wish thread - Russell's actions stand alone and do not need to be built up more as a person through comparison with CK (who BTW helps kids with heart defects). Just appreciate the good things he is doing, and pull for those kids to get better.

RiverDog

Reaction score
The fact that Russell chose Children's is what blows my mind. Some players trumpet inter city youths, battered women, men and women in the armed forces, etc. But Children's? I couldn't come within a quarter mile of that place. Not that I'd ever turn my back on those kids, but to think that Russell can be so cheerful and enjoy himself as much as he obviously does is something that is beyond my comprehension.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
KARAVARUS":2bz9q62v said:

You're correct of course it doesn't matter what others do. I guess I get annoyed on behalf of RW when you see the rubbish spouted on the likes of webzone. Ironically RW strikes me as a turn the other cheek type person but it pisses me off me when you see whiners call him smug, fake and that he sucks.

I guess I should take solace that their comments are borne out of jealousy. Deep down they know he's the real deal.

Latest posts