Viewing tomorrow's game on a plane?

seahawksfanatic000

Reaction score
I'm flying from San Francisco to Detroit tomorrow at 1pm pacific, and I will be on the plane for the whole game. I'm flying Delta, which gives you free TV broadcasts, so I will get fox, but I don't know what t.v. Market I will be in at 36,00 feet. I also have the Sunday ticket and a laptop, but I would rather not pay for the in-flight wifi, and I also don't know if it would work up there anyway. Any suggestions.

andyh64000

Reaction score
The national game is Dal/GB so you won't get it. I have had luck using a VPN and listening to the radio feed but you won't be able to stream video.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Delta is a Seahawks sponsor like Alaska so I would be surprised if they didn't offer the Seahawks game on that flight.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
I think Wifi is only 7 bucks on Southwest. Probably not much different for Delta. I would pay for it. Watched a game one time on another persons laptop while listening on my kindle. I did not have the proper application to watch it.

andyh64000

Reaction score
Delta (gogo) blocks streaming unless you are on their new higher speed system. But I tried streaming NFL ticket on it last Sunday and it barely worked. Your best bet is to find a radio feed (or at least have it ready as a backup).

HawkGA

Reaction score
I understand not wanting to pay for wifi on the plane (I've flown all of once and I don't remember what the cost was - movies streamed for free). But I would think if I'd shelled out the money for SundayTicket, I wouldn't have a problem shelling out for the WiFi. That said, Andy brings up a good point about the quality of the WiFi. You might want to inquiry with the flight crew if they have any feedback on whether or not it will work before you drop the coin for it.

Latest posts