Vote for Richard Sherman for the cover of Madden 15

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":11ybe8up said:
You wouldn't believe how many 49er fans on the 49er boards are voting for Sherman for fear of the curse. Smh. The injury rate of Madden Cover players and NFL players in general is about the same. :3:

Sherman's got this.
Tell me about it. I've been yelling at people around here for doing the same crap. Superstitious ninnies.....

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
MidwestHawker":l2ea0mpr said:
Smelly McUgly":l2ea0mpr said:
I don't know what would be worse: Sherm losing to Kaepernick or Sherm losing to Luck.

I'm surprised anyone would put these two options in the same class. Losing to the 49er is way worse to me.

I hate Colts fans almost as much as I hate 49er fans, and I'm tired of the anointing of Andrew Luck. It's like a younger version of the anointing of Peyton Manning.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Fair enough; to each their own as far as that goes. I dunno, Andrew Luck seems like a good dude to me. I live in the epicenter of Colts country, and while I don't necessarily love their fans they don't rate with me as being nearly as obnoxious as a lot of Midwest fanbases (Bears, Lions, Browns).

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
I like Browns fans. They are beaten down, and even though the Seahawks were the best team in the NFL last year, I identify with what they are going through. Plus, they lost their original football team and watched them win two Lombardis after they left, which is absolutely the worst thing possible, way worse than if the Zombie Sonics win a couple titles in the next few years, and that latter thing would probably be terrible for many Sonics fans.

Lions fans are typically just as downtrodden.

Bears fans are okay online, but are pretty nutty in person, from what I hear according to visiting fans of multiple teams. Robert Mays is a Bears fan, though, and most Bears fans I know are like him. Cool, pretty knowledgeable about the game, etc.

But yes, to each his own. Luck seems like an okay guy, but Colts fans and their "GOLLY GEE WHIZ, WE ALWAYS HAVE THE BEST QB ALL THE TIME AND WE GET SO LUCKY BECAUSE OUR LOGO IS A HORSESHOE AND HORSESHOES BRING LUCK DON'T THEY HAHAHAHAHAHA WE LOST LAST YEAR BUT WE BEAT THE SUPER BOWL CHAMPS AND THE RUNNERS-UP AND THAT MAKES US KINDA THE BEST, DOESN'T IT? GOLLY GEE" crap really drives me up a wall. Screw those guys.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
In a perfect world, he would beat Krapsondick at the very end (fitting), then to satisfy people who actually believe there is a curse (lame), he could lose to Cam or Luck.

I couldn't care less if he makes the cover, there's no such thing as curses, but plenty of people do, so this would be the best for that crew at least.

NorCal

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":2480oi9m said:
Mindsink":2480oi9m said:
MidwestHawker":2480oi9m said:
In case you were wondering: it's not a good point.

Actually: Yeah, it kinda is. :th2thumbs:

You think that it's a good point to say that a person should go through life making decisions on the basis that they fear imaginary monsters under the bed?

I can't imagine what you think a bad point is.

Depends on how many "imaginary monsters" a person believes in. If its just a few, and the person avoids those things, then I think it doesn't affect their life that much.

I hate to think what you'd say about athletes superstitions regarding gameday routeines, not stepping on the white chalk lines, etc.

Also, why do people take this thing so seriously?

hawknation2014

Reaction score
NorCal":23czcht6 said:
MidwestHawker":23czcht6 said:
Mindsink":23czcht6 said:
MidwestHawker":23czcht6 said:
In case you were wondering: it's not a good point.

Actually: Yeah, it kinda is. :th2thumbs:

You think that it's a good point to say that a person should go through life making decisions on the basis that they fear imaginary monsters under the bed?

I can't imagine what you think a bad point is.

Depends on how many "imaginary monsters" a person believes in. If its just a few, and the person avoids those things, then I think it doesn't affect their life that much.

I hate to think what you'd say about athletes superstitions regarding gameday routeines, not stepping on the white chalk lines, etc.

Also, why do people take this thing so seriously?

It shouldn't be . . . Superstitions are moronic.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":15v2zelk said:
In a perfect world, he would beat Krapsondick at the very end (fitting), then to satisfy people who actually believe there is a curse (lame), he could lose to Cam or Luck.

I mean, in a truly perfect world people wouldn't believe in the curse.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
NorCal":muuql9ho said:

Stuff like that is clearly silly to begin with, but since they actually believe it on some level it does have potential to be a real effect since it can affect their mindset, etc. If it's going to be a distraction to them for some reason then yeah, just go ahead and avoid it.

No amount of belief in the Madden curse makes it real, unless the person on the cover believes in it I guess. And since Sherman has campaigned to be on the cover, I think it's pretty safe to say that he doesn't believe in it.

Killa Kam

Reaction score
Lets see if Sherm is up for the challenge

[youtube]3DS_ZSbg5m4[/youtube]

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Yeah I like Cam too. While I very much want to see Sherman win, it doesn't have the same sense of urgency as making sure that a 49er doesn't get to be on the cover.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
All the motivation anyone here should need to vote for Sherman:

madden_cover_voting_49ers_fan.png

Latest posts