Wagner wants to be owner of the Hawks

FlyingGunHawk

Reaction score
Sorry for the semi long thread title. But I'm stupid and couldn't think of a shorter title to get the point across.

Anyways that would be pretty cool. I got no problem with him being part owner. Weather its major or minor. The guy bleeds blue and green.

Thanks mods lol

Last edited:

kidhawk

Reaction score
I found it interesting that he mentioned possibly being a majority owner. Either that means he's considering non-nfl teams to invest in or he's got a helluva lot more money than his career has given him. I mean the $100 million he's made so far is nothing to sneeze at, but it doesn't even put a dent in an NFL franchise. That would put him in the 2% range.

OP
OP
FlyingGunHawk

FlyingGunHawk

Reaction score
I found it interesting that he mentioned possibly being a majority owner. Either that means he's considering non-nfl teams to invest in or he's got a helluva lot more money than his career has given him. I mean the $100 million he's made so far is nothing to sneeze at, but it doesn't even put a dent in an NFL franchise. That would put him in the 2% range.

When you put it that way you would think it would be minority ownership. At least at first. It's either that or he has way more assets.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
exactly.

just remembered the old chris rock routine: "Shaq is rich. Guy who pays Shaq is wealthy."

Couple orders of magnitude difference.

'bout the 35 second mark of this NSFW clip:

An oldie but a goodie ;) I miss the old Chris Rock stuff -

toffee

Reaction score
According to this website, Bobby's net worth is $25mil, let's say the site is way off, even by 10 times, Bobby would still be $250mil. Hawks? $5billion? For Bobby to become majority shareholding, he would have to leverage and borrow and borrow, and borrow some more.