Walker wasn't down

fenderbender123

Reaction score
I've watched the play 10 times in a row, up close.

His elbow definitely does not hit the turf. It's on top of the defender's arm. There are no angles that show anything close to his elbow hitting the ground.

His butt kind of almost looked like it hit but as soon as their bodies turn it seems clear that his butt was on the defender's stomach area. If his butt hit the turf, wouldn't he have bounced? Wouldn't there be some sort of visual queue?

At the very least, I do not see definitive evidence to overturn that call.

Doesn't matter, because we destroyed them. Still, though. Gotta wonder what the refs saw that was so definitive.

Hawknight

Reaction score
I was very dumbfounded that this one got called back, especially with no hard concrete evidence to over turn the call. I clearly saw space as well between the ground and his elbow, it was resting on the other players arm. The cheek ..well...that's just cheeky if the was a reason he was ruled down....Giants get away with another one here.

renofox

Reaction score
I've watched the play 10 times in a row, up close.

His elbow definitely does not hit the turf. It's on top of the defender's arm. There are no angles that show anything close to his elbow hitting the ground.

His butt kind of almost looked like it hit but as soon as their bodies turn it seems clear that his butt was on the defender's stomach area. If his butt hit the turf, wouldn't he have bounced? Wouldn't there be some sort of visual queue?

At the very least, I do not see definitive evidence to overturn that call.

Doesn't matter, because we destroyed them. Still, though. Gotta wonder what the refs saw that was so definitive.
I agree that it was clear that his elbow never touched the ground, but I'm 90%+ sure that his cheek did touch.

Is 90%+ "clear and convincing" evidence as the rule requires? I don't know.

James in PA

Reaction score
Joe, Troy, and the rules expert were trying to will their way to an overturn. It was close enough where the ruling on the field should have stood. But I've learned after watching many years of Seahawks football that if anything is "borderline," we're usually going to be on the wrong side of the call.

Msfann

Reaction score
He may have been down but I don't see enough proof to overturn the call. If he had been called down in the first place I could see it but he wasn't.
The giants got away with a bunch of cheap shots/late hits out of bounds too that were uncalled. Yet they damn well made sure to call everything on the Seahawks. Flag flag flag flag.

OP
OP
fenderbender123

fenderbender123

Reaction score
I guess I'm trying to figure out how when the defender wound up flat on his back, that Walker's ass was on his stomach. If the defender has Walked pulled tighht against his body, with his ass right against his stomach, then at what point could his ass have hit the turf? Wouldn't the defender's body be in the way?

renofox

Reaction score
I guess I'm trying to figure out how when the defender wound up flat on his back, that Walker's ass was on his stomach. If the defender has Walked pulled tighht against his body, with his ass right against his stomach, then at what point could his ass have hit the turf? Wouldn't the defender's body be in the way?
His shoulders were fully on the defender, but his left cheek was on the defender's right hip. It is very likely his right cheek touched the ground as they rolled over.

renofox

Reaction score
The 2nd & 3rd replay clearly shows his ass is on the turf.

Very close but the refs did everything they could to get the Giants back in the game.

Those weren't as clear as the very last (5th?) replay they showed that was from an angle further to the left.

Before the last replay I was sure they couldn't overturn, but it showed 90%+ that it had touched.

SheaD

Reaction score

I am guessing your ass is flat. K9's isn't 😜

Latest posts