Walker wasn't down

Ruminator

Reaction score
The 2nd & 3rd replay clearly shows his ass is on the turf.

Very close but the refs did everything they could to get the Giants back in the game.

Ref-think: Seahawks vs big-city franchise? Better find that lone epidermal hair touching the lone blade of grass, and use million-dollar electronics and AI to find it!

BChawkfan

Reaction score
He may have been down but I don't see enough proof to overturn the call. If he had been called down in the first place I could see it but he wasn't.
The giants got away with a bunch of cheap shots/late hits out of bounds too that were uncalled. Yet they damn well made sure to call everything on the Seahawks. Flag flag flag flag.
Agreed. Looked like one ref was intent on calling illegal man down field even on run plays if he could!!!

Boohman14

Reaction score
Yup Beyonce' Walker's booty caressed the ground. The ref's got that right at least.

The refs on the field though, well mostly blind to the Giant's excesses on the field. I know they picked up two flags on NY but they needed the video reviews to determine if they saw what they thought they saw on ineligible receivers down field. They missed the push on D.J. Dallas after a return as well as several blocking in the back on punt returns. Also should have called a horsecollar on Geno's infamous tackle.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
I wanted to think he wasn't down, but the booty hit the ground.

I'm not sure it hit the ground but it certainly brushed it and that's really all the refs need to overturn the play. Walker certainly played like he didn't feel any part of him hit the ground but he probably wouldn't feel a little brush of the turf.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
You're the only one then.
I guess those rubber pellets bouncing around where his elbow was don't mean anything.
Dude, what Bender said is true, those "rubber pellets" got roiled up from the DEFENDERS elbow, not Walkers.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
I guess I'm trying to figure out how when the defender wound up flat on his back, that Walker's ass was on his stomach. If the defender has Walked pulled tighht against his body, with his ass right against his stomach, then at what point could his ass have hit the turf? Wouldn't the defender's body be in the way?
Because their bodies aren't squared and they were rolling?

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
Especially t
The 2nd & 3rd replay clearly shows his ass is on the turf.

Very close but the refs did everything they could to get the Giants back in the game

Weird strategy to not flag scoring plays, then.

RiverDog

Reaction score
You're the only one then.
I guess those rubber pellets bouncing around where his elbow was don't mean anything.
That's what I saw on the replay, too. It couldn't have come from anything else besides his elbow brushing the ground. The air isn't going to blow a rooster tail like that.

JPatera76

Reaction score
Walker

Butt down, Defenders are/elbow is what caused the pellets to pop up.

NoGain

Reaction score
I hate the instant replay rule because THEY DON'T FOLLOW IT. The rule states that there has to be INDISPUTABLE evidence that the call on the field was wrong to overturn it. Or put another way, twelve drunk guys in a bar would all have to agree that the call on the field should be overturned.

The rule DOES NOT state that the officials should use replay to re-offciate a play and overturn the call on the field if they think a different call was the better call.

I have seen call after call overturned where there isn't indisputable evidence that it should be overturned. I just saw a play overturned at the college level today where the officials were staring at the screen for literally a few minutes. If it took them that long to come to their conclusion that certainly doesn't speak to indisputable proof to me. I looked at the same replays over and over and couldn't say beyond dispute that the call should be overturned.

Either follow the rule as it's written, or re-write the rule.

Dvl Dug

Reaction score
I've watched the play 10 times in a row, up close.

His elbow definitely does not hit the turf. It's on top of the defender's arm. There are no angles that show anything close to his elbow hitting the ground.

His butt kind of almost looked like it hit but as soon as their bodies turn it seems clear that his butt was on the defender's stomach area. If his butt hit the turf, wouldn't he have bounced? Wouldn't there be some sort of visual queue?

At the very least, I do not see definitive evidence to overturn that call.

Doesn't matter, because we destroyed them. Still, though. Gotta wonder what the refs saw that was so definitive.
Agree - They must have been seeing that shadow of his elbow, and not contact with his elbow & the turf at all. That should have been a TD, but the zebras were afraid to make the right call.

The game officials chose to error on the side of caution, and that is human enough, but to do it and not immediately apologize for it, I find to be disgraceful. A total lack of integrity. Reminds me of a fake Super Bowl game with the Steelers...

knownone

Reaction score
There was a zoomed-in shot during the broadcast where Walker's butt (and thigh) were clearly on the ground.

HawaiiD

Reaction score
Yes his okole touched the turf.
He was down🤙🏼

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
I've watched the play 10 times in a row, up close.

His elbow definitely does not hit the turf. It's on top of the defender's arm. There are no angles that show anything close to his elbow hitting the ground.

His butt kind of almost looked like it hit but as soon as their bodies turn it seems clear that his butt was on the defender's stomach area. If his butt hit the turf, wouldn't he have bounced? Wouldn't there be some sort of visual queue?

At the very least, I do not see definitive evidence to overturn that call.

Doesn't matter, because we destroyed them. Still, though. Gotta wonder what the refs saw that was so definitive.
His butt touched the ground.