Walter Jones: Inducted to the Hall of Fame!!!

warden

Reaction score
Walter was simply the best of the best at his position. The hall is where he belongs

drdiags

Reaction score
"He's In!"

Congrats to Walter Jones. 1st Ballot HOF Inductee.

I wonder how long his speech will be? He seems to be getting better at public speaking, since he was the strong, quiet type. A truly deserving honor and couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

Off-topic: I wonder if Strahan and Sapp duke it out at the induction?

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
jhawk91":1ezzr0mp said:
Congrats big Walt, one of the greatest ever and definitely top 2 in seahawks history. Now to wear my Jones jersey or Wilson SB jersey tomarow.....hmm
I am having the same dilemma. I am thinking that I will wear my Wilson under my Jones and then whip off the Jones when Russ makes the big play I know he will during the game....
I have to wear both Jerseys. Just HAVE to. :thirishdrinkers:

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Walter made watching the Line of Scrimmage FUN! If Marshawn had a LT like Walter, he'd have 1500 yards per season easily. Congratulations Walter......now we need a Seahawks "sweep".

flmmkrz

Reaction score
It's nice to see the hall get an absolute no brainer right. Congrats Walt, warms the heart.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":f9aj6iko said:
jhawk91":f9aj6iko said:
Congrats big Walt, one of the greatest ever and definitely top 2 in seahawks history. Now to wear my Jones jersey or Wilson SB jersey tomarow.....hmm
I am having the same dilemma. I am thinking that I will wear my Wilson under my Jones and then whip off the Jones when Russ makes the big play I know he will during the game....
I have to wear both Jerseys. Just HAVE to. :thirishdrinkers:

Can always wear one like a cape???? Just a thought.

:thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers:

SeeHawkRun

Reaction score
Greatest ever. I just had to look for this thread when I heard the news. Congrats, Walt! One of my all-time favorite Seahawks.

If you take a look at Walt's averages (in terms of stats) over his 12 year career...None of the best LT's of today (Like Joe Thomas) has had a better single season than the average Walter Jones season.

RezHawk

Reaction score
Always knew he'd be first ballot. Never forget after his retirement ceremony in the south end zone as he was walking into the tunnel I started chanting "Hall of Fame" he turned around came over and signed the Hawkhelmut. Which is now retired to the showcase. Congrats Walt you were truly one of the best!
02bd5061 9fc9 4329 9cac c29f54283881

AlphaOmega

Reaction score
Drafted by the Seahawks, played for the Seahawks, retired as a Seahawk. What's not to like? Congratulation Big Walt, you've earned it.

I just cannot get over the fact that he gave up only 23 sacks and 9 holding penalties in 180 games, spreading across 12 seasons and over 5,000 passes attempt. Just unbelievable. His average is better than most others' career year. Awesome to the 12th.

Anything less than a first ballot Hall of Fame inductee is a big snub.

SeeHawkRun

Reaction score
AlphaOmega":1uicfjlf said:
Drafted by the Seahawks, played for the Seahawks, retired as a Seahawk. What's not to like? Congratulation Big Walt, you've earned it.

His average is better than most others' career year. Awesome to the 12th.

Anything less than a first ballot Hall of Fame inductee is a big snub.

Exactly. His AVERAGE season is better than ANY season most top tier LT's ever have. Incredible!

kf3339

Reaction score
Congrats to Walter Jones! A well deserved honor!

BlueTalon

Reaction score
SeahawksRawk":3g6qjjz2 said:
Congratulations Big Walt!!

Other big news is Bettis did NOT get in. LOL
Hawkstorian":3g6qjjz2 said:
And even to make the day even sweeter -- Bettis is NOT inducted. We can attend the ceremony unconficted!
This!!! Oh man, this!

Today is a great day for me.

EMTHawkfan

Reaction score
Congratulations to the greatest LT of all time! Hall of Famer Walter Jones has a fantastic ring to it!

TestMo1337

Reaction score
I remember when it was in his last year with the Hawks and he wasn't his all-pro self. In the game against the Cowboys and DeMarco Murray got 2-3 sacks on him and the Cowboys media was talking about how impressive that way; Murray's counter was "well, he got me like 55 times in that game."

There's so much love and respect for Big Walt. I'm so happy that he's a player that will always go down as "our guy" like Kennedy.