Walter Thurmond substance abuse suspension

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunner

Reaction score
Will just mean we'd probably leave Sherman on an island more so than normal, with Earl providing help for whoever takes the 2nd outside spot. They have got a week to figure it out, so I hope Pete comes up with a decent plan.

VancitySeahawk

Reaction score
This guy is an idiot who cant be depended on to stay on the field.

Unbelievable.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":1est0pgw said:
Tech Worlds":1est0pgw said:
Pete runs a loose ship. This is on him too.

Easy. These are grown men. The same loose ship has us 10-1 with one of the strongest locker rooms in the league. Some just need to grow the eff up.

Ten and one with adderal, and who knows what else now. At some point Pete needs to tighten up this type of stuff. I personally don't want druggies on my team regardless of record.

-seanhawk-

Reaction score
Brett":2x25nx2z said:
bestfightstory":2x25nx2z said:
Cut Him. He has taken up a roster spot for too long.

Dude doesn't deserve a Super Bowl ring.

X2

By that logic sherman, browner, and everyone rlse popped with suspensions dont deserve rings either. Thurmond's injuries should not be used against him and dont make him less deserving of a superbowl.
Let's wait until we hear more info before jumping to such conclusions...

Ozzy

Reaction score
Now that it's settled in. How does this effect our chances against the saints? Home field for the playoffs? I haven't watched lane or maxwell closely enough to see if they are adequate or not. Thoughts going forward?

getnasty

Reaction score
How is this or any other Pete Carrolls fault? The only thing Pete can do is cut guys for failing drug test. They're grown men, be upset with them not Pete.

bigwrm

Reaction score
Ok, I just looked up the NFL's substance abuse policy and you have to be an absolute moron to get caught.

"If you are under contract with a club, you will be tested once between April 20 and August 9."

You get tested ONCE per year in the offseason (if you've never tested positive before). After that test you can do whatever the hell you want.

Johnny

Reaction score
getnasty":2t8ki9ou said:
How is this or any other Pete Carrolls fault? The only thing Pete can do is cut guys for failing drug test. They're grown men, be upset with them not Pete.

Everything is Pete's fault! We need to fire Pete!..... :D :sarcasm_off:

Throwdown

Reaction score
bigwrm":19yo03fw said:
Ok, I just looked up the NFL's substance abuse policy and you have to be an absolute moron to get caught.

"If you are under contract with a club, you will be tested once between April 20 and August 9."

You get tested ONCE per year in the offseason (if you've never tested positive before). After that test you can do whatever the hell you want.

Why are we hearing about this now then?

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
bigwrm":3pjge0e3 said:
bestfightstory":3pjge0e3 said:

Cut him? For what was likely marijuana? Half the players in the league probably smoke weed; he was just stupid enough to get caught. It's not like he got drunk and crashed his car (cough cough aldon smith) or was involved in some sort of domestic violence incident or sexual assault. A lot of players have done a lot worse. He made a stupid mistake, he's young, and he'll learn from this.

Damn right, cut him. It takes more than one positive test for substance abuse (non-PED) to earn a four game suspension; IIRC it takes 3. Which means he got caught more than once using whatever it was and kept on doing it. During the best season in team history and the first chance he has had in his four-year career to make an impact, he made SEVERAL mistakes and put himself ahead of the team. Kick his ass to the curb and save a roster spot for people who actually learn from their mistakes.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
bigwrm":2tc3k8eo said:
bestfightstory":2tc3k8eo said:

Cut him? For what was likely marijuana? Half the players in the league probably smoke weed; he was just stupid enough to get caught. It's not like he got drunk and crashed his car (cough cough aldon smith) or was involved in some sort of domestic violence incident or sexual assault. A lot of players have done a lot worse. He made a stupid mistake, he's young, and he'll learn from this.

And I would like the team to help him learn that lesson by increasing the consequences. That is my opinion. Cut his ass.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
doesn't effect things too much with the saints IMO; Maxwell has been playing quite a bit and Lane played well last year when Browner was out. The two players on the saints we need to shut down are Graham and Sproles, two players that it's going to take sound overall defense and scheme to limit, not necessarily CB matchups. Get to Drew Brees and it doesn't matter much.

C-Dub

Reaction score
austinslater25":aca5yi4c said:
Now that it's settled in. How does this effect our chances against the saints? Home field for the playoffs? I haven't watched lane or maxwell closely enough to see if they are adequate or not. Thoughts going forward?
Drew Brees going against Maxwell/Lane. Yeah....a little worried about that. At least Cam should be on Jimmy.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
getnasty":3j9qrbq1 said:

Maybe if he cuts guys they will get the message? Instead he rewards guys with contracts (Browner) who have failed tests. Creates an atmosphere of acceptance.

seabowl

Reaction score
The LOB translation Legion of Drugs. 3 of 5, ridiculous.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
Throwdown":1h8zngjc said:
bigwrm":1h8zngjc said:

If you get caught during that one test they re-test you multiple times during the season. It takes multiple positive tests to get a substance abuse suspension when the substance is not a PED, which means he knew they were testing him and STILL kept getting caught.

253hawk

Reaction score
Throwdown":2o0rtp6c said:
You're right, they didn't do a good job at all last time they were called upon to start

The infamous 42-13 game...

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Shadowhawk":x5ryus7t said:
Throwdown":x5ryus7t said:
bigwrm":x5ryus7t said:

If you get caught during that one test they re-test you multiple times during the season. It takes multiple positive tests to get a substance abuse suspension when the substance is not a PED, which means he knew they were testing him and STILL kept getting caught.

Then he truly is a druggie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts