Warren Moon's Replacement

Seymour

Reaction score
Jerhawk":3hgmovw1 said:
Hawkstorian":3hgmovw1 said:
I'm available.

A true fan such as yourself with an endless amount of knowledge and passion for his team would be a perfect color commentator.

You may have been joking, but I took it serious. A true 12 should be up there in the booth (no offense to Wyman and Huard)

Disagree. Wyman is a true 12. He not only played here but has a genuine passion for this team and especially Wagner.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Seymour":9zn0wygx said:
Jerhawk":9zn0wygx said:
Hawkstorian":9zn0wygx said:
I'm available.

A true fan such as yourself with an endless amount of knowledge and passion for his team would be a perfect color commentator.

You may have been joking, but I took it serious. A true 12 should be up there in the booth (no offense to Wyman and Huard)

Disagree. Wyman is a true 12. He not only played here but has a genuine passion for this team and especially Wagner.

As usual, you're exactly right

irfuben32

Reaction score
Seymour":34pssrvi said:
GeekHawk":34pssrvi said:
Seymour":34pssrvi said:
irfuben32":34pssrvi said:
Please God no....

I like and respect Huard. I do not enjoy listening to him though.

What you don't like hearing everything in threes??

Most people would say.... He is a strong, fast, and intelligent athlete.

Brock would say. And he is strong, and he is fast, and he is intelligent. Then ramble on and on about it.
He uses more words than the average woman.

Actually, it would be more like "He's a strong athlete. He's a fast athlete. He's an intelligent athlete. He's everything you want in an athlete, all in one package. A strong, fast, intelligent package. A package that anyone would want on their team." Which is why I can't really stand listening to him on the radio.

Better job than I there. :2thumbs:

You get it, same thing that bugs me as well.

YES!!

That's exactly the problem

adeltaY

Reaction score
As someone who doesn't really care who the commentator is, I'm genuinely surprised at how much people seem to hate certain commentators and how critical they are of them. Sure, it's cool to hear from someone like Romo and I think he's a good one, but as long as the guy explains what's going on, I don't mind that much. The hate people have for Buck, Simms, Aikman, and now here it seems for Wyman and Huard is a bit puzzling tbh. Take the SNF game. Our fans were complaining Collinsworth was slobbering all over Wentz, but if you swing over to Eagles fan sites, they were mad he was slobbering over Russ. Seems like these guys can't win.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I can respect differing opinions but I find it fascinating how some of us can have such differing opinions on someone. For example, the whole thing about "threes" with Huard and how his loquaciousness rubs some the wrong way. I honestly have never once thought about him that way. It's not to say it's not true, just that it never entered my consciousness to bother me about it.

I like Wyman a lot as well. He plays the playfully cranky old lineman from yesteryear really well, and like Huard he has a high football IQ. Something about Huard's voice inflection and tone just works for me on broadcasts for some reason.

I would be pleased with either one of them, but I would still give the edge to Huard.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Aros":1dk2deoh said:
I can respect differing opinions but I find it fascinating how some of us can have such differing opinions on someone. For example, the whole thing about "threes" with Huard and how his loquaciousness rubs some the wrong way. I honestly have never once thought about him that way. It's not to say it's not true, just that it never entered my consciousness to bother me about it.

I like Wyman a lot as well. He plays the playfully cranky old lineman from yesteryear really well, and like Huard he has a high football IQ. Something about Huard's voice inflection and tone just works for me on broadcasts for some reason.

I would be pleased with either one of them, but I would still give the edge to Huard.

I don't mind Wyman, but I will say, anyone would sound better when Jim Moore is sitting next to them.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
Seymour":k6ne2brt said:
irfuben32":k6ne2brt said:
Please God no....

Brock would say. And he is strong, and he is fast, and he is intelligent. Then ramble on and on about it.

Correctomundo...smart dude, but man he loves the sound of his own voice.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
I hope Brock gets it. He isn’t a wife beating, DUI arrested, sexual harasser. Amazing our media locally is choosing to ignore this.

Seymour

Reaction score
PlinytheCenter":2dt598iz said:
Seymour":2dt598iz said:
irfuben32":2dt598iz said:
Please God no....

Correctomundo...smart dude, but man he loves the sound of his own voice.

I agree, and never said he wasn't. I actually like him and much of what he has to say. Just tough to listen to and stay engaged with at times IMO.

Hamhawk

Reaction score
I think either Wyman or Huard would do a good job,.....I think Wyman may have a little more free time than Brock,...
that college gig that Brock has must take a lot of prep work, plus a lot of travel

chris98251

Reaction score
Jim Mora would be fun, Brown is a genuine Dirt Bag in the trenches :)

Kickers are not Football Players.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Jerhawk":30uxj1r0 said:
Hawkstorian":30uxj1r0 said:
I'm available.

Since I'm stuck except for prime tv games listening to opponets broadcasters..
I'd put Aros and Hawkstorian in there with Pehawk on the sidelines.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
IndyHawk":wh52bd54 said:
Since I'm stuck except for prime tv games listening to opponets broadcasters..I'd put Aros and Hawkstorian in there with Pehawk on the sidelines.

I'm flattered but probably wouldn't be the best choice:

Aros: "That tight Trips formation reminds me of this documentary I once saw on the aliens they are keeping on ice at Wright Patterson, where the...Ooooh check out that MILF in the stands in Section 139!"

:lol:

Latest posts