Was the crowd loud last night?

Heyseed

Reaction score
It wasn't like were were playing the Cowboys or Packers,
... my ears are still ringing )))))))))

253hawk

Reaction score
Sounded louder to me than any of the other playoff games that were broadcast. Even on our worst days we're still louder than most venues. So long as it disrupts vocal communication, that's all you really need.

Seemed like a lot of tickets were being put up for sale as well, probably due to people being sick with whatever is going around and not wanting to sit in the cold for 4 hours.

Hawker8989

Reaction score
Was the game even sold out? Plenty of tickets were available before hand. Have to wonder how many will A) Renew season tickets with the costs increasing yearly and B) If we will continue selling out going forward.

Hawks46

Reaction score
seabowl":3zz3h4fv said:
To quote Mick "you ain't been hungry since you won the belt".

I don't live in Seattle but if I did and went to games I would not have a voice left at the end.

Spoiled

I don't live in Seattle either, but not too far away. I was at the Westin hotel for a small regional convention that we had, and the place was full of Hawks fans going to the game.

It's hard to understand unless you're right in the middle of it, but the entire down town is energized come game day. You really have to experience it to realize what's going on, but we still have a faithful fan base and we turn out. Everyone I met on the way to the game said they were going to be as loud as they could.

It may not be an epic loud that breaks records, but it was loud enough to give our guys a jump and cause a couple of false starts.

tb1689

Reaction score
I agree with other posters. It hasn't been as loud the last couple of years as it was in 2012 and 2013, and even years before then. I think a lot of it has to do with complacency and ticket prices going up.

I've been hoping, wishing, and praying for the damn DJ to blast some Rick Ross "These Haters Can't Hold Me Back" all season so the Dline can get dancing. Something hasn't seemed right with the music / "pump up" tactics from the stadium media department in the last couple of years. I wonder if part of it is due to the league cracking down on when/how often they can play music or that deep humming sound that they used to play so often.

That said, if the NFC Championship game comes back I think the fire would be back and it would be as loud as it ever has been.

rcaido

Reaction score
Seems like a regular ticket goes for a couple hundred dollars, cant imagine playoff tickets.

How much does an average ticket cost in the playoffs? What is the cheapest?

Mad Dog

Reaction score
It was the loudest game of the year IMO.

Not much will outdo 2013. Everyone knew that team was special from day one. We all were hungry to help that team finally bring a championship to the city. It was a special year. Trying to constantly compare that year to any other year is just silly.

The stadium is way louder these days than it was in the Holmgren era. The latter part of 2005 is the only comparable period that compares to today's volumes. But there has never been a game in CLink where the opposing offense was able to communicate verbally or use a cadence, ever. Even in blowouts, fans will yell until the final whistle. That's all you really need. You don't need to make people's ears bleed.

mikeak

Reaction score
rcaido":35qukpas said:
Seems like a regular ticket goes for a couple hundred dollars, cant imagine playoff tickets.

I saw lots of WC tickets cheaper than several regular season game this year

Now for the NFC championship game at home - it would be a different story

Hawkfiend

Reaction score
rcaido":1b4e3zyw said:

Tickets for the lions game were at least $30 cheaper than regular season games on the secondary market. You could get in the door for $100 when I checked the day before the game. Like I said, their was little buzz for this game.

bighawk

Reaction score
I am a Seahawks fan in North Carolina and I have never been to a game but as a fan when they fan over the crowd there are a lot of hawk fans not yelling. I have been wanting to say something when I am not able to help. There have been games in the past where I had to turn my volume down because you guys were so loud. But in general you guys are great. But I do have a suggestion. When they are trying to get the play from the sideline you guys should be yelling throughout so they can't hear as well as making it hard for them to call out the play. Just a suggestion to make it harder for the opposing team.

mikeak

Reaction score
bighawk":kau3ddmc said:
When they are trying to get the play from the sideline you guys should be yelling throughout so they can't hear as well as making it hard for them to call out the play. Just a suggestion to make it harder for the opposing team.

Usually the plays comes in over the headset / handsignals / cardboards so I don't think that changes much BUT I agree that it is not at the LOS that it should be loudest. It should be from play coming in to the guys getting in a huddle talking to eachother.

unfortunately that is not what is happening.

From being at the game it was loud, not the loudest partially I think because of the type of game it was.

Brighton_Hawk

Reaction score
I was watching the game on Game Pass through headphones, seemed loud to me! :D

As a Seahawks and NFL fan of only a few years, and only watching on tv from the UK, the NFC title game against Green Bay in 2015 is the loudest I can recall (especially Gilliam and Kearse TDs).

I hope you all don't mind but would just like to take this opportunity to say as a long term lurker that this is a fantastic forum and I wish I had signed up earlier. The NFL is making strides in the UK year on year and as an attendee of the London games I keep my fingers crossed for a Seahawks visit (although I know they wouldn't give up a home game). Around ten years ago I spent a month or so in Seattle before travelling through Western Canada on to Alaska, so when I became interested in American Football, the Seahawks were the only choice of team!

Apologies for the life story! Keep up the great posts everyone. :2thumbs:

Mad Dog

Reaction score
bighawk":2y70us4p said:
I am a Seahawks fan in North Carolina and I have never been to a game but as a fan when they fan over the crowd there are a lot of hawk fans not yelling. I have been wanting to say something when I am not able to help. There have been games in the past where I had to turn my volume down because you guys were so loud. But in general you guys are great. But I do have a suggestion. When they are trying to get the play from the sideline you guys should be yelling throughout so they can't hear as well as making it hard for them to call out the play. Just a suggestion to make it harder for the opposing team.

You need to come to a game and witness it.

1) Whether you have to turn the volume down or not is purely on whether then networks mute the crowd noise or not. Has nothing to do with the actual volume level for the palyers

2) There have always been tons of fans that don't make noise. That's why the loudest volumes recorded are for when we score a TD. Then everyone cheers. But there is a lot of fans that don't feel it's their duty to bring the volume. They paid for their ticket and will do what they like. But that percentage hasn't dropped IMO.

3) We yell from the time the QB enters the huddle until after the ball is snapped. There is a problem when timeouts are called since it's impossible to yell through that whole time and often teams will use those timeouts to get everyone the play call. But you still can disrupt the cadence. TBH I'm not sure that yelling through the huddle is that effective since it also limits defensive playcalling. The biggest advantage to the noise IMO is forcing the silent count so the DL gets an advantage and is less likely to be drawn offside by a hard count.

rcaido

Reaction score
Hawkfiend":3lm5k0pg said:
rcaido":3lm5k0pg said:

Tickets for the lions game were at least $30 cheaper than regular season games on the secondary market. You could get in the door for $100 when I checked the day before the game. Like I said, their was little buzz for this game.

Wow if only i knew, i just assume tickets cost like $300+...

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Much louder in person than on TV, they clearly turned it down big time.
However, this game was pretty laid back compared to some. Never felt in doubt at all.