Washington v. Alabama

CPHawk

Reaction score
Bobblehead":36auzk9a said:
Couple of costly mistakes, made all the difference.
They played well against what is reported as one of the great college teams ever.

I see the Huskies as the #2 team in the country.

Bama will lose in the title game.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
bigtrain21":3w8frg4h said:
Rickomatic":3w8frg4h said:
Did they just show Sark picking his nose and eating it?????

100% That was disgusting.
Just a matter of time before DrunkSark does something stupid. Not that hard to hitch your wagon to an already successful program then claim victory. DrunkSark is severely overrated as a playcaller and I said that when he was with UW.

cesame

Reaction score
Give credit to UW's defense for shutting down Alabama most of the game. UW's defense showed up and were as advertised.

Alabama's D vs UW's O was just too one-sided. Complete mismatch. Men vs boys.

cesame

Reaction score
Bobblehead":1qkzcars said:
They played well against what is reported as one of the great college teams ever.

Bad take

Alabama beats UW 10 times out of 10. Game was never in question.

UW had a really good season but they were never really challenged that much. Sort of difficult to judge them.

Soft OOC schedule
Soft PAC 12 conference
Blown out by Alabama

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
getnasty":2f5qx2db said:
Sports Hernia":2f5qx2db said:
Can't wait for Millen to blame the receiver for Browning's idiotic pick 6.

They have to look further down field to Ross, got to take chances, if it's picked off it will be more like a punt rather than a pick 6. Not thrilled with the offensive play calling in the 2nd quarter, very Bevellesque.

This is funny, UW's offense looks awesome all year then the one game the line can't block it's the OC fault. Now you see what Bevells had to deal with all year. Not saying Bevells a world beater but if you get owned in the trenches it doesn't matter who the OC is.
Nice straw man, I wasn't posting about this season, just THIS game. Having a 2 loss season should be viewed as a successful season for the UW program at THIS point.

You can defend craptastic game planning and playcalling all you want, everyday and twice on sundays until you are blue in the face, doesn't mean it couldn't have been much better. How many deep throws to Ross or Pettis were attempted, even the moron commentators pointed that out.

Everyone knew going in 'Bama's front 7 is incredible, so that's another big straw man in your argument. Good playcalls are designed to counter your opponent's strengths, and feature your strengths......Outside of one scoring drive very little of that happened TODAY.

'Bama is a great team, (with the talent advantage when it came to their D vs UW's O), and Browning crapped the bed, but to act like the playcalling was good or even decent is being disingenuous at best IMHO.

Does that mean UW wins THIS game with better playcalling? That's probably a long shot, but the longer they were in the game the better the chances of winning it were.

The defense played their asses off. Outside of the big run after the game was decided, holding a #1 team to 17 points was a great effort.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
cesame":2wneyglc said:
Bobblehead":2wneyglc said:

Bad take

UW had a really good season but they were never really challenged that much. Sort of difficult to judge them.

Soft OOC schedule
Soft PAC 12 conference
Blown out by Alabama

humm.. how's it a bad take, where did I say they would have won once, let alone 10 times.
They had a couple of critical turn overs to give Alabama the lead, it could have been closer, it was closer than a lot of other Alabama games Alabama played in.

irocdave

Reaction score
CPHawk":3559mvnc said:
Bobblehead":3559mvnc said:

Bama will lose in the title game.

100% agree.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":usd8nptz said:
cesame":usd8nptz said:
Bobblehead":usd8nptz said:

Bad take

Soft OOC schedule
Soft PAC 12 conference
Blown out by Alabama

The game came out even better than I hoped for, in every respect. I full expected a blowout because the huskies were so overmatched, and it was a bit of a blowout but not a terrible one that destroys your confidence. What I loved, is that the Huskies were obviously over-matched, without their 2 and later 3 of their best 4 defensive players, but they still made Alabama work for it. It wasn't like Oregon against Ohio State in 2015 where Oregon went in there confidence high and walked away rattled to the core and doubting themselves, and began an implosion that lasted two years.

It was the "good kind" of ass kicking. Exactly the kind you need for the next year to motive your players and piss them off, with the opposing team acting like smug little pricks in the process. While Alabama was absolutely classless in every way... a bunch of chumps who wouldn't even shake hands, and then shouting insults at the Husky players, while Bama fans threw crap at the team on the bench. You get the feeling that the Huskies left that game SEETHING and that they can't wait for next year. I think this team is going to go into the off-season with a chip on their shoulder, and next year they will vastly improve over this year.

They've gotten a taste now, and they know exactly what they have to do and be.
I like this post and agree this game helps for the future.

irocdave

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1me93f0n said:
bigtrain21":1me93f0n said:
Rickomatic":1me93f0n said:
Did they just show Sark picking his nose and eating it?????

100% That was disgusting.
Just a matter of time before DrunkSark does something stupid. Not that hard to hitch your wagon to an already successful program then claim victory. DrunkSark is severely overrated as a playcaller and I said that when he was with UW.

Had lunch with someone who lived near Sark when he was coaching at UW last week. There are much larger personality issues with Sark than alcoholism. Anyone else hear about him sleeping with another coaches daughter while he was married? I was told specifically, Sark is a POS human being and a guy that has the issues he does is not going to change his spots. Also told that this person would not trust Sark being alone with his his wife or kids.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":1ox4ewyh said:
The game came out even better than I hoped for, in every respect. I full expected a blowout because the huskies were so overmatched, and it was a bit of a blowout but not a terrible one that destroys your confidence. What I loved, is that the Huskies were obviously over-matched, without their 2 and later 3 of their best 4 defensive players, but they still made Alabama work for it. It wasn't like Oregon against Ohio State in 2015 where Oregon went in there confidence high and walked away rattled to the core and doubting themselves, and began an implosion that lasted two years.

Oregon was closer and more competetive with Ohio State longer then UW was with Alabama today. It was 21-20 with 6 minutes left in the 3rd quarter. Just got away from them in the 4th.

cesame

Reaction score
Let us not forget Oregon actually won their semifinal playoff game with the obliteration of the defending national champions Florida State final score 59-20.

Florida State had won 29 straight games.

irocdave

Reaction score
cesame":2x79f1j6 said:
Bobblehead":2x79f1j6 said:

Bad take

Soft OOC schedule
Soft PAC 12 conference
Blown out by Alabama

If you think that was a blow out, your in for a rude awakening when Bama gets beat by 21 in the Championship game. Bama has a great defense and that D sets the table for a average at best college offense. Bama beat UW straight up by suffocating the O of UW. The game would have been 14 points closer in the end if a couple of the UW's LB's were not out. I like #9 and hope to see him on the Seahawks roster some day, but those 2 TD's wouldn't have happened with decent LB play.

cesame

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":gph2j6u5 said:
cesame":gph2j6u5 said:
Bobblehead":gph2j6u5 said:

Bad take

Soft OOC schedule
Soft PAC 12 conference
Blown out by Alabama

It was the "good kind" of ass kicking. Exactly the kind you need for the next year to motive your players and piss them off, with the opposing team acting like smug little pricks in the process. While Alabama was absolutely classless in every way... a bunch of chumps who wouldn't even shake hands, and then shouting insults at the Husky players, while Bama fans threw crap at the team on the bench. You get the feeling that the Huskies left that game SEETHING and that they can't wait for next year. I think this team is going to go into the off-season with a chip on their shoulder, and next year they will vastly improve over this year.

They've gotten a taste now, and they know exactly what they have to do and be.

UW was as hungry as they're going to get. They were in the underdog role for a month and there's no doubt they tried to feed off of it. They knew what was on the line.

What will hurt UW is the potential loss of players like John Ross, Sydney Jones, Budda Baker, etc. Hard to replace guys like that. Ross made Browning more than Browning made Ross imo.

cesame

Reaction score
irocdave":sa8jy4wt said:
cesame":sa8jy4wt said:
Bobblehead":sa8jy4wt said:

Bad take

Soft OOC schedule
Soft PAC 12 conference
Blown out by Alabama

If you think that was a blow out, your in for a rude awakening when Bama gets beat by 21 in the Championship game. Bama has a great defense and that D sets the table for a average at best college offense. Bama beat UW straight up by suffocating the O of UW. The game would have been 14 points closer in the end if a couple of the UW's LB's were not out. I like #9 and hope to see him on the Seahawks roster some day, but those 2 TD's wouldn't have happened with decent LB play.

I actually give a lot of credit to UW's secondary for Alabama not being able to put up points. UW's secondary is filled with all kinds of NFL talent.

I'm not sure if that's the case with Clemson.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
I don't think this should be mistaken in a grand scheme. UW isn't far off. Even Browning's high school strength arm doesn't necessarily need to stop them from becoming champs down the road. Invest in the OL and running backs and they have a championship formula. Those things are much easier to fix than finding the college equivalent to Tom Brady. He's an anomaly. Championships, on average in football, are built on running, blocking, and tackling. The three major building blocks of football.

They're really good at one, pretty good at another, and bad at the 3rd. What you can get out of the QB position shouldn't make or break you. That's the goal. That WAS Pete Carroll's goal up until this year. We're now a passive, passing team. UW doesn't have to do that per se and again, they aren't far off.

SchadyHawk

Reaction score
Came away more impressed by how the huskies defense played more than Alabama as I already knew how dominant Alabama's defense was but the Huskies went toe for toe with them. The average field position for them was nearly half field the entire game for their offense and the huskies defense held them for a majority of the game. Turnovers played the most important role in this game as the huskies were driving on the Ross fumble and the pick 6 before half was very demoralizing. On the flip side Buddha Baker dropped an easy interception and Psalm couldn't get the fumble that he caused. Think if the ball bounces the other way on any of these in the huskies favor it is a different ballgame.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Yep, the 2 turnovers killed them. Might have been in the game until the end without them.
It was the one thing they absolutely could not do.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
cesame":1tqi6yq4 said:
Let us not forget Oregon actually won their semifinal playoff game with the obliteration of the defending national champions Florida State final score 59-20.

Neat.

Wanna talk about the current team??? :lol:

8)

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2p2x0qsh said:
cesame":2p2x0qsh said:

Neat.

Wanna talk about the current team??? :lol:

8)

We'll be more then happy to talk about the team 2 years from now.

Your window closed tonight. Next year is all USC, then after that, the Ducks are back.

davidonmi

Reaction score
cesame":28n965mo said:

That Florida state team was a paper tiger. How many close last minute wins did they have? 6?
When Oregon finally played a top team they got manhandled by tOSU

Next