Wasting 1st Round Picks

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
1) Carson has played like garbage. 3.5ypc this year with 4 fumbles (don't give me that only 3 crap because you know the one charged to Wilson was Carson). We spent a first round pick on a RB and they won't give him the chance this week. You know it!

2) We draft a DE only to leave him inactive...... what the hell are we doing? This is not what good teams do.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Collier missed most of TC and all of preseason.

Let's please give him some practice reps to get him acclimated and closer to game shape.

Yxes1122

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":3eeyu07x said:
1) Carson has played like garbage. 3.5ypc this year with 4 fumbles (don't give me that only 3 crap because you know the one charged to Wilson was Carson). We spent a first round pick on a RB and they won't give him the chance this week. You know it!

Not Carroll's fault Penny was hurt...

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Yeah not a good sign anytime your 1st round pick is a healthy scratch.........I don't care how much time he missed in camp.

Just give up the two first rounders for Ramsey, we obviously are terrible in the 1st round, and god knows Tre Flowers is hot garbage and needs to be replaced. Has he made a play all year? I mean I can't even think of a time he deflected a pass, let alone made a play.

This team is going nowhere with that defensive backfield.

OP
OP
ImTheScientist

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Yxes1122":3cs4efbd said:
ImTheScientist":3cs4efbd said:

Not Carroll's fault Penny was hurt...

Carroll better not have Carson in if Penny is healthy this week. Its time to move on from Carson.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
The biggest waste was not drafting Savage.

We literally handed the piece that our defense depends on, (a stellar safety), to the Packers.

In exchange, we got Collier, who I don't expect will become an exceptional player or even above average one.

Almost everyone expected Savage was going to be stellar and he is turning out to be.

It was puzzling then but I understand the Seahawk strategy of maximizing success by maximizing spins at the wheel. Aggregating picks is their MO. Sometimes, however, when you have a player that is a perfect fit for your area of need OR that player projects to be an exceptional pro - you need to just spend the pick and take the player that falls in your lap.

hawks85

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2f8sonrc said:
Yeah not a good sign anytime your 1st round pick is a healthy scratch.........I don't care how much time he missed in camp.

Just give up the two first rounders for Ramsey, we obviously are terrible in the 1st round, and god knows Tre Flowers is hot garbage and needs to be replaced. Has he made a play all year? I mean I can't even think of a time he deflected a pass, let alone made a play.

Ramsey good, but I am not a fan of this guy. Sgt. your right tho Seattle needs to pull the trigger and give the jags 2 1st rounders and possibly a player for Ramsey.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
hawks85":31m9d4df said:
Sgt. Largent":31m9d4df said:

Ramsey good, but I am not a fan of this guy. Sgt. your right tho Seattle needs to pull the trigger and give the jags 2 1st rounders and possibly a player for Ramsey.

Ramsey would be fine as long as you give him a fat extension as part of the trade so he wouldn't be crying about his contract for the next year 1/2.

Which is fine, I've seen enough of both Griffin and Flowers, especially Flowers. Our defensive backfield is a complete mess, even McDougald who is suppose to be the one rock back there has played awful this year.

D

DomeHawk

We are terrible at drafting in the 1st round.

What we do is trade down to get more picks thinking that will result in finding good players simply by numbers. What it gets you is a bunch of mediocre players.

To be successful in the NFL you need playmakers, we don't have enough playmakers on our roster anymore.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Collier was a healthy scratch for a DE who got less than 20 snaps. I thought Pete's "easing in" of Ansah was going to be a little less...tender?

I've always suspected that Pete dinks around too much in September.

AgentDib

Reaction score
DomeHawk":2bp1hxje said:
What we do is trade down to get more picks thinking that will result in finding good players simply by numbers. What it gets you is a bunch of mediocre players.
The best player on the field yesterday was a third round pick. Good players are available throughout the draft and the trick is finding them no matter where you are picking.

thegameq

Reaction score
DomeHawk":3r7k7zee said:
We are terrible at drafting in the 1st round.

To be successful in the NFL you need playmakers, we don't have enough playmakers on our roster anymore.

Yeah, the whole "diamond in the rough" approach hasn't fared to well lately. I'm wondering if it's true what some were saying a season or two ago, that Pete no longer had all the inside info on college players after the Super Bowl years.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
AgentDib":22be4ums said:
DomeHawk":22be4ums said:
The best player on the field yesterday was a third round pick. Good players are available throughout the draft and the trick is finding them no matter where you are picking.

Not on our side of the field, I think that's most people here's point...........and yes that's the difference between the mediocre to good teams in the NFL.

Good teams that are perennially good draft and develop, bad teams rely too heavily on FA and overpay because they can't draft and develop well.

Well, hate to say it people, but we precariously close to this Mason Dixon Line. Other than Metcalf, this draft's been a bust so far. Collier should be starting, Blair should be taking over as SS, Ugo should be the slot CB and return man, and Barton should be pushing the LB's for starting time............not whiffing on punt returns for TD's and making his head coach bleed before games start.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
We've seen nothing from the second rounder this year either. Yes I know he's been hurt just like the first rounder, but isn't the greatest ability availability? Certainly not ready to throw in the towel on either of them but it's a discouraging start to their professional careers, particularly Blair because I really had hopes that he could step in and make an impact considering the state of our safeties.

getnasty

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":243lqxmj said:
AgentDib":243lqxmj said:
DomeHawk":243lqxmj said:

Not on our side of the field, I think that's most people here's point...........and yes that's the difference between the mediocre to good teams in the NFL.

Good teams that are perennially good draft and develop, bad teams rely too heavily on FA and overpay because they can't draft and develop well.

Well, hate to say it people, but we precariously close to this Mason Dixon Line. Other than Metcalf, this draft's been a bust so far. Collier should be starting, Blair should be taking over as SS, Ugo should be the slot CB and return man, and Barton should be pushing the LB's for starting time............not whiffing on punt returns for TD's and making his head coach bleed before games start.

3 games into the year and the draft class is a bust? Come on now, just a touch early.

BamKam

Reaction score
Can't give up on Collier after one game but he looked pretty awful. Like it was his first time in football pads awful.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
getnasty":2mtohc7w said:
Sgt. Largent":2mtohc7w said:
AgentDib":2mtohc7w said:
DomeHawk":2mtohc7w said:

3 games into the year and the draft class is a bust? Come on now, just a touch early.

Of course it's too early........but three games is all we have to go on, and so far other than Metcalf no other pick's had an impact, and most are barely playing.

Obviously some bad luck with injuries to Ugo and Blair.

My point is with our recent 1st round draft woes, and after seeing three weeks of Griffin and Flowers, I'm all for giving up two first rounders for Ramsey, and paying him to be here for 4-5 years.

Because right now? We're wasting Russell's prime with a mediocre defense that can't do what it's HC thinks it can do in order to be competing for SB's again.

getnasty

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2pzecm6f said:
getnasty":2pzecm6f said:
Sgt. Largent":2pzecm6f said:
AgentDib":2pzecm6f said:

Of course it's too early........but three games is all we have to go on, and so far other than Metcalf no other pick's had an impact, and most are barely playing.

My point is with our recent 1st round draft woes, and after seeing three weeks of Griffin and Flowers, I'm all for giving up two first rounders for Ramsey, and paying him to be here for 4-5 years.

Because right now? We're wasting Russell's prime with a mediocre defense that can't do what it's HC thinks it can do in order to be competing for SB's again.

I guess name me a couple of teams that have lit the world on fire with there 2019 rookie draft class? Collier's been hurt, Blair hurt, Ugo hurt, Barton playing behind 3 studs and then Metcalf who's probably been the best rookie WR so far.

BamKam

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1tzudo7l said:
getnasty":1tzudo7l said:
Sgt. Largent":1tzudo7l said:
AgentDib":1tzudo7l said:

Amadi has looked pretty good on special teams so far, I think he will be a good player for us. Besides him, everyone else has either looked bad or like just a guy.

Latest posts