We added a CB from the waiver wire.

sutz

Reaction score
6-foot-2, 209 pounds

Prototypical Seahawks CB size, not a lot of experience, though he's been around the league a bit.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
He was a discipline problem at Georgia suspended for weed and DWI, went undrafted last year as a WR. Picked up by ATL as a UDFA WR waived by them at cutdown, picked up by Jax who just waived him, 6'2", 209, 33" arms, 4.46/40, 1:56/10. The team wants him to play CB so his conversion will happen here if he can compete.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
jammerhawk":22mshvan said:
He was a discipline problem at Georgia suspended for weed and DWI, went undrafted last year as a WR. Picked up by ATL as a UDFA WR waived by them at cutdown and picked up by Jax who just waived him, 6'2", 209, 33" arms, 4.46/40, 1:56/10. The team wants him to play CB so his conversion will happen here if he can compete.

But we dont have Cable to teach him all he can learn. Where oh where are we gonna find the coaching staff to teach him to be all he can be. :stirthepot: :rumble: :stirthepot: :rumble: :stirthepot:

jammerhawk

Reaction score
He isn't a conversion to OLine so if he's as athletic as he seems to be he's at least has a shot at a PS spot.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
jammerhawk":r629com7 said:
He isn't a conversion to OLine so if he's as athletic as he seems to be he's at least has a shot at a PS spot.

:2thumbs:

olyfan63

Reaction score
Another 8th round draft pick. Pete and John have hit on a number of 8th rounders. George Fant was an 8th rounder. IIRC, Doug Baldwin was an 8th rounder.

By this I just mean that Pete and John approach UDFA and waiver wire acquisitions like additional rounds of the draft. I know they do this year round, it just stands out now because of the proximity to the draft. We didn't get enough DB prospects to compete in the draft? No prob, let's hit the waiver wire.

I remember the rationale the team used to justify the Harvin trade a few years back, that he was a 1st round talent, so trading a low 1st round pick for him was just like getting him as a draft choice.

I'm sure this 8th round concept has long been obvious to everyone but me for years, and it's only standing out now because it's so close to the draft.

Marcus Burley was a really good get for us a few years back. Not really an 8th round concept, I think we traded a late round pick for a player the other team was going to waive.

Anyway, if we say the Hawks scouting organization put a 5th round grade on this kid, it's nice to get him with an 8th round pick. Thinking about it though, it's Dan Quinn's staff that is giving up on him, or maybe not giving up, but rather hoping he'll sneak through waivers, and the Hawks' spy network noticed and snatched him up. Did Quinn decide he'll never make it in a Seahawks-style defense, or did we catch the Falcons trying to sneak a player thru to their PS?

EDIT: OOPS. We got him from the Jacksonville Jaguars. Quinn & Co released him as a preseason cut.

kf3339

Reaction score
Hope can learn our system quick as there will be little training by the start of the season.

Latest posts