We are a .500 team

semiahmoo

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":1sd5jlfk said:
TwistedHusky":1sd5jlfk said:
This was never a contender, likely isn't a playoff team, and there were few expectations for that at the start of the year.

Unfortunately, there were expectations of that from some people right up until the yesterdays game.

True. And those same people unfortunately have a habit of attacking those who are simply explaining the team's many deficiencies.

I still think we have an outside chance at the playoffs which starting out I thought no way.

That said, yes, this is not a legit playoff threat team and we haven't been for some time.

Just hope the ownership situation is squared away before too long and we can turn to really hitting the rest button.

It's overdue.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
semiahmoo":yen5jsrt said:
pittpnthrs":yen5jsrt said:
TwistedHusky":yen5jsrt said:
This was never a contender, likely isn't a playoff team, and there were few expectations for that at the start of the year.

Unfortunately, there were expectations of that from some people right up until the yesterdays game.

True. And those same people unfortunately have a habit of attacking those who are simply explaining the team's many deficiencies.

"Simply explaining the team's deficiencies" isn't the same as "using the team's deficiencies to make absolute conclusions about the future of the team's coaching staff", FYI.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2vwuyomk said:
semiahmoo":2vwuyomk said:
pittpnthrs":2vwuyomk said:
TwistedHusky":2vwuyomk said:

"Simply explaining the team's deficiencies" isn't the same as "using the team's deficiencies to make absolute conclusions about the future of the team's coaching staff", FYI.

88.28% accuracy rating.

GO HAWKS!

semiahmoo

Reaction score
xray":26pe9f45 said:
The fact that is more disturbing then poor play and the loss is that ; Rivers and the Chargers had an off day too ; but still won @ the Hawks home.

Well, the Hawks had a very poor showing. Hoping it was a one-off kind of deal but worried it could multiply.

If we finish anything over .500 this season given the many changes I'll count that as exceeding expectations.

We'll see.

onepicknick1

Reaction score
Wished I would of seen this post before I posted. 8-8 will be exceeding my expectations look at the start of the season to where we are now we have improved a heck of a lot IMO on both sides of the ball. I expect a team with a good QB to take advantage of the D I think next year watch out. The O has improved IMO 100% better then the last 2 seasons and will probably keep improving as Russ gets more in tune with Shotty and his receivers. How about the OL I for one was saying Ifedi needs to go he doesn't look that bad now. Raiders OL needs some help though looks like ours last year lol.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
xray":18rxbvul said:
The fact that is more disturbing then poor play and the loss is that ; Rivers and the Chargers had an off day too ; but still won @ the Hawks home.

However, you failed to take in the help given to the Chargers by the Referees.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":2xp2ehae said:
xray":2xp2ehae said:

However, you failed to take in the help given to the Chargers by the Referees.
There are random events that happen in every game that can change the tide and flow of the game. This is why I've always despised the "you win in the 4th Quarter mantra" that Pete Carroll has always held. We have a ton of comeback victories, but we've also lost some games we should have won because we leave zero room for error. The adjustments are always slow on offense, or flat out non-existent. We tend to try to square peg a round hole on the offensive side of the ball, and that is the way it has always been.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
I think anywhere from 7-9 to 9-7 is possible with this team. Our depth isn't particularly good, and there are certain positions that we are razor thin at. We have a lot of holes, and inexperience on this team right now. The good news is development has been pretty good on guys like Flowers, Griffin, and our two safeties. We have also found a coach is able to make a world beater line just by adding two journeyman and a scheme that makes sense. On offense we have a good runningback in Carson and DJ Moore also shows some promise. We may end 8-8, but it's not the worst place this team could be.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
If they can stay healthy, which is looking iffy right now, 9 wins is doable. If they start losing guys like Mcdougald, Carson and Fluker? 7 wins is more likely. It's just reality for a team that is not deep at all.

Latest posts