We are now 2nd in division, 5th in nfc

Scorpion05

Reaction score
MD5eahawks":32j2y2qu said:
Scorpion05":32j2y2qu said:
MD5eahawks":32j2y2qu said:
Just think. All that and the teams we beat have yet to win a game amongst them.

And the Patriots beat the Jets, Dolphins, Bills, Steelers

We lost to a Saints team that just beat a talented Cowboys team. That loss wasn’t as bad as people made it seem especially since we only lost because we shot ourselves in the foot with a shotgun. If you’re gonna make comments like this at least compare us to the rest of the league, we’re doing just fine
There is no comparison. We’ve hardly played on a comparable level to the Patriots. That being said, I’d have faith in the Hawks beating any team, any time, anywhere. We lost to a Saints team that we shouldn’t have lost to. Period. It is what it is, though.

Kool-aid tastes great in September. :179422:

That’s an even sillier point because the Seahawks don’t blow teams out. We just control the game quarter to quarter.

There wasn’t one single game we played this year where we weren’t the better team. Even the Patriots have had similar early season struggles before. Oh and btw, the Patriots offense looked TERRIBLE against the Bills. Context is everything.

In the Bengals, Steelers, and Saints game we had unusual fumbling issues from Carson, and just kept shooting ourselves in the foot. The only team so far this year that’s shown they’re capable of beating us, is us. Remove Carson’s unusual fumbling and we’re not even having this convo. That’s a completely different measuring stick

Ramfan128

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2v9awc65 said:
Honest question Ram Fan: What the heck happened yesterday? I did not see that coming at all.
I have never been impressed with Goff, not just because I don't like the Rams. Just doesn't seem like a big game QB and seems to fold under pressure.
What are the fans in LA thinking about Goff?

Lots of layers I think that are going on. I'll break them down in order of how concerned I am:

First, the entire team played pretty poorly. GZ had the opening kickoff go out of bounds, the Bucs drove 40 yards for a TD. Offense was stopped, Bucs drove for a TD. Punt/punt, Goff's arm gets hit for an INT, Bucs drive for a TD. Goff throws an INT right to the LB, Bucs only need 9 yards for the TD. Just like that it was 21-0. After that the offense got going, but the defense was awful. And the defense had been really good to start the season. I hate saying this in professional sports - but it's the only thing that made sense: looking ahead to the Seahawks and not taking the Bucs seriously - from a players perspective. That's the sense I got from McVay's press conference after the game - if you watch him a lot, you could tell he was PISSED. That explains the defense, special teams and offensive line struggling. Either they overlooked the Bucs or just weren't ready to play - it happens sometimes. Not concerned at all with the defense - Aaron Donald hasn't had a great game yet, and we know that's coming.

Second, the offensive line - I included them above, but they've been inconsistent all year long. I'm not super concerned because I think with two new starters they need time to gel. I think it'll take time, but they'll be okay.

Third, Gurley/Goff - putting them together because I think while Gurley doesn't look the same, his usage is deceiving - the Rams have played three opponents with bad secondaries in the Panthers/Browns (injuries)/Bucs. With Kupp progressing into a top WR, we have the best trio in the NFL and it's such a huge mismatch, McVay is trying to exploit it and transition into a pass-first team. Goff is struggling and the hope is that as the OL gels, Goff will look better.

Rams fans are mostly supporting Goff like most fanbases do by criticizing the OL or a random drop here or there. I hate that. That's what Rams fans did for Bradford for years. Yes, the protection hasn't been ideal - but the struggles are mostly because of Goff on offense. I don't think he's anywhere near a top QB, but I do think he's better than 7 TDs and 9 turnovers, which is what he has so far this year. Paying him was what it was - I would have waited until after this year, but at the same time once Watson and Mahomes are paid, his number will look more like an average QB number anyways.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
MD5eahawks":2bsb2wgl said:
That's not true is it?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
That blatant cheap shot on Peters after that horrible throw from Jameis (shocker) and the pick 6 was ridiculous. Any word on Peters? Seems like a concussion would be a real concern. That hit was so unnecessary, he had already scored the TD.

sutz

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":zjc21ro7 said:
MD5eahawks":zjc21ro7 said:
That's not true is it?
No longer. Pitt winning Mon makes our opponents 1-10-1 or something. Thurs is our first game against a team with a winning record so far.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
You can only play the teams they put in front of you. Only game they lost to was to a clearly very good Saints team. And they should have won that game.