We have been here before

StoneCold

Reaction score
RussB":2dfnyihu said:
They are not fine. I dont see how going life and death with one of the worst teams is fine. Sure they will probably win anywhere from 10-12 games just because of the defense and wilson heroics. but once the playoffs come and they run into another elite team like ATL they will lose.

This offense is worse than terrible. They made the packers and 49ers look like the 02 bucs and 2000 ravens.

I don't mean this to sound snarky, but since you already know how it will turn out, why watch the games? I know the answer is, you actually don't. None of us do. We would all prefer, as wise Uncle Si said, to win by a larger margin. But that's not who we are right now. We all hope it will change, but you never know. One thing I've learned over the years is football is hard. Before each year I see our new shiny draft picks, watch our wiley veterans and our highly intelligent coaches and I get all psyched and ready for a season of ass kicking. Then the first game comes and every yard is hard earned, every inch contested, players get carted off the field and drives stall and I yell at the tv. Football is hard. And the season is long and we have no idea how it will turn out.

Facts are we have many good players and a few not so good. The coaches don't always get it right. And fans will get upset. There are still 14 games to go. Anything can happen. The ups and the downs are what make it worth watching. Enjoy the ride.

sutz

Reaction score
Ya know, I became a fan from the start, back when I lived in So Cal and had to look for the little one paragraph writeups in the paper Monday and got to see maybe one game a year on TV. There was no internet in the late 70's and 80's to get news and nobody outside of the Seattle area really cared much about the Hawks back then.

If I thought for a minute that the team would not get better this year I would not be able to tune in and watch. Some of the negativity started to rub off on me during the 2nd/3rd quarter, I must admit. But maybe I've been watching too much Mariners baseball. But you know what, I DO think the Seahawks will improve this season. I WILL continue to watch the games, perhaps because I know there is still always a chance for a last second come back. And I'll continue to skim over the negative nellies. Maybe I'll look for that ban button again. I generally don't use it, but when someone shows their true colors as a one trick pony, why line up for the show?

Carry on. :snack:

cymatica

Reaction score
ivotuk":134dmkuh said:
Well there is a lot of "The End is Near" going on around here.

Fire everybody, turn out the lights and go home.

Last week they were saying the same things in New England. Some of the headlines they showed on TV were atrocious.

Let's not over react, it's a long season and there are 14 more games left.

It's frustration. The o-line has never been good here, and in the last 2 years it got even worse. Also doesn't look good when you horrible misuse a a skill position to act as another tackle. On top of that Lynch is having the time of his life, and he even hinted if sb49 didn't go down like that he still might be here. Actually, I personally think he got sick of having to shake off d-linemen behind the LOS.

OP
OP
B

BlueBlood

Reaction score
George Fant injured, offensive line looks like crap outta the gate, gets better as games have worn on. (Can only go up with time, barring injury)

Rawls misses first game and doesn't do much in week 2. Lacey looks like a mistake and Carson looks great even behind a struggling line. CJP drops a gimme touchdown that could have made everyone very happy. (Work in progress, getting better)

Wilson was sailing some balls on a wet afternoon, Graham, Tanner, CJP drop passes they normally catch, this compounds with other negatives and makes things look worse than they are. (We are deep at the skill spots, will rise from the ashes)

Football is a game of inches and so many things these first two weeks were inches away from success rather than failure. I think by week 7 things will really start to click and people will feel better but my feeling is that things could get worse the next few weeks which will be interesting to see fans and medias reactions as the ups and down of this season unfold.

Optimus25

Reaction score
This week answers so many questions.

Can we play at a high level on grass...

Can this D line penetrate a really good O line...

Can we win on the road...

Will Wilson get mobile early and often...

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
We HAVE been here before. See if this is familiar?

People worry about a number of issues popping up in the first few games...

The team reels off a stream of wins against some lesser teams....

Everyone forgets the issues and gets excited about winning the division...

The team stumbles in some key games that would have given us much better seeding and/or homefield advantage in the playoffs....

We get to the wildcard game and win, people get excited about our chances....

In the very next playoff game we get waxed/embarrassed in a game we are not even competitive in, generally for the issues that originally people were freaking out about.

The reality is that you can mask weaknesses playing against weaker opponents or worse teams, but good teams and good coaches will exploit them. And consequently, we will look like we stand a chance when we really don't because glaring issues keep not getting addressed.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Gazing ahead nearly 4 months down the road is pointless.

Seymour

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":1pjwlggh said:
Gazing ahead nearly 4 months down the road is pointless if you are eliminated early

FTFY.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2vwhont7 said:
The reality is that you can mask weaknesses playing against weaker opponents or worse teams, but good teams and good coaches will exploit them. And consequently, we will look like we stand a chance when we really don't because glaring issues keep not getting addressed.

We've beat a lot of good teams, in the regular season and in the playoffs.

This is the NFL, it's hard to win, and EXTREMELY hard to sustain success. We've done both as good as anyone except for the Patriots.

And I like our chances this year in a bad divisions. Every other NFC division has at least two good teams, if not three.

I'm always down for some doom and gloom, but holy moly it seems REALLY bad in here, and only after two games? You guys are spoiled.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
This is a good record to remember:

2 wins - 10 losses

What does it represent?

Try Hawks' September road-game record during the Carroll Era. While the GB game would make it 2-11, it's nothing new.

Seymour

Reaction score
Grahamhawker":3pqsnp32 said:

2 wins - 10 losses

What does it represent?

Try Hawks' September road-game record during the Carroll Era. While the GB game would make it 2-11, it's nothing new.

It's not how you start, it's how you finish.

And the reason the finish is so important, is because you start like crap every year.

Dog chasing tail

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Seymour":27rzvywh said:
Grahamhawker":27rzvywh said:

2 wins - 10 losses

What does it represent?

It's not how you start, it's how you finish.

And the reason the finish is so important, is because you start like crap every year.

Dog chasing tail

Indeed. When you have a team that for years is consistently trash in the early part of the season and keeps spotting opponents halves or 3/4 of a game, that rests entirely on the coaching staff-not doing enough to have a team (albeit primarily offense) focused or prepared.

Players have come and gone but the team still weeps for any semblance of production early in games and early in the season. When we miss out yet again for a 1st round bye, it's these constant early season blunders that come back and haunt us.

Latest posts