We just beat 'em 19-3 less than a month ago...

Largent80

Reaction score
Davis was 17 of 20 for 155 and 2 td's against us. How many of you would have thought that was possible?

In the NFL, you have to respect whomever is QB'ing the other team. Even dump trucks like Cutler.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Largent80":2i6abtle said:
Davis was 17 of 20 for 155 and 2 td's against us. How many of you would have thought that was possible?

In the NFL, you have to respect whomever is QB'ing the other team. Even dump trucks like Cutler.

We don't have to respect the opposing QB... the Hawks do, and from all indications, they are doing just that.

Us, however, we can crap all over Lindley.

As for the Rams game, I chalk much of that up to no Bobby, hobbled Kam, no Maxwell. And I think the defense was doubting itself some after Dallas beat them at home.

In the end, the NFL can be unpredictable at times, and there are sometimes games where things just go one team's way. That game for the Rams was one where that happened for them, much like the SB was one where it happened for us.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Largent80":2yfevwqs said:

FbBwPH3

I would have said that it was unlikely but not impossible.

I would say that Lindley having that kind of game on Sunday is as close to impossible as it needs to be.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I'll play Devil's advocate.

If I'm Arians I tell my team we lost 19-3, but we gave up a blocked punt, interception and sacked Russell seven times. Clean up the mistakes and we should only have to score 10 pts to beat this Hawks team at home.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1ljt5yp6 said:

If I'm Arians I tell my team we lost 19-3, but we gave up a blocked punt, interception and sacked Russell seven times. Clean up the mistakes and we should only have to score 10 pts to beat this Hawks team at home.

Pretty sure Arians has already said all of those things in the press with the exception of the 10 points thing.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2gqse5rc said:

Arians could say this, but considering that we kneeled at the Arizona 3 to end the game, it would mean that he was mischaracterizing how close it was or could have been.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":1l4deyc1 said:
Sgt. Largent":1l4deyc1 said:

Arians could say this, but considering that we kneeled at the Arizona 3 to end the game, it would mean that he was mischaracterizing how close it was or could have been.

lol, that's what coach's do, inspire their teams. What do you want him to say "err, we're F'd people!"

I also think it's dangerous to say "we just beat them 19-3 less than a month ago. Probably what Philly thought when Dallas came to town last weekend. I do not take this Arizona D lightly, they give Russell fits with their blitz packages, and I expect Arians to throw everything at us but the kitchen sink.

HawkMeat

Reaction score
I have this feeling it comes down to our o'line. Poor pass pro, Lynch couldn't run last game, and now starters like Okung are out. I'm anxious

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3h0ancnl said:
MidwestHawker":3h0ancnl said:
Sgt. Largent":3h0ancnl said:

lol, that's what coach's do, inspire their teams. What do you want him to say "err, we're F'd people!"

Of course he shouldn't say they're screwed; I just tend to think that he can admit that they got smacked in the face last time rather than trying to spin it. Obviously he should still preach that they have a chance, etc.

Largent80

Reaction score
I think Helfet will be back this week. I hope so because Willson seems to have stone hands at times and Helfet has a lot of upside, and according to Pe, a nice backside as well.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
volsunghawk":1zhss0p6 said:
Sgt. Largent":1zhss0p6 said:
I also think it's dangerous to say "we just beat them 19-3 less than a month ago. "

That's not stopping anyone from panicking over the fact that "they beat us 17-10 in Seattle last year!"

For sure.

Both are true, which is why I think this will be a good game. No mistakes by us and we should win by 19-3 or better. I can't fathom Lindley moving their offense against our D.

But a couple bonehead special teams mistakes or Russell throwing a pick under pressure? Then watch out.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2uck26xt said:
volsunghawk":2uck26xt said:
Sgt. Largent":2uck26xt said:
I also think it's dangerous to say "we just beat them 19-3 less than a month ago. "

That's not stopping anyone from panicking over the fact that "they beat us 17-10 in Seattle last year!"

For sure.

Both are true, which is why I think this will be a good game. No mistakes by us and we should win by 19-3 or better. I can't fathom Lindley moving their offense against our D.

But a couple bonehead special teams mistakes or Russell throwing a pick under pressure? Then watch out.

I would be surprised if this game didn't follow the pattern of many of our recent games.

Defensive struggle through the first half with the halftime deficit within a single score (most likely a FG). Second half, Seattle begins moving the ball more effectively as the opposing D gets tired, and the Seattle D smothers the life out of the opponent. Double-digit win without it feeling truly dominant.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":2ogpnsjx said:
TheHawkDoc":2ogpnsjx said:
I hope the confidence is well placed but this team lost to John Skelton and Kevin Kolb 2 years ago in Arizona.

We lost that game because Russell Wilson was still a terrible QB then. That game provides us almost no information that can be used to predict this one.

It was, in fact, his FIRST start as an NFL QB. Some changes since then I'm thinkin...

hawkfan68

Reaction score
While Lynch didn't have a great day running against the Cards a few weeks ago, Russell Wilson ran for 73 yards and threw for another 211. This is what makes the Seahawks special...you can stop one guy but the other one will hurt you. It's going to be a wild one on Sunday night.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
TheHawkDoc":163klcd7 said:
I hope the confidence is well placed but this team lost to John Skelton and Kevin Kolb 2 years ago in Arizona. Before last years win on Thursday Night Football we hadn't won in Arizona for several years. One thing I've learned as a Seahawks fan for 25 years is this: Road games are never to be taken lightly and this team is capable of unthinkable, soul crushing losses. It's going to take a few more years like last year to gain the confidence some of you are exhibiting. I sure hope you're right.
Wilson has only played in AZ twice. He owned it in 2013 and had the team at the AZ goal line when at least one TD was dropped.

Carroll has lost twice in AZ and won twice. Each time AZ has won, the victory was scraped out and the Hawks have dominated in their wins.

Venue doesn't matter and neither does Stanton.

OP
OP
tom sawyer

tom sawyer

Reaction score
Aros":32qk0xk0 said:
I expect to win, but wouldn't be shocked if they lose.

The Cardinals will be fired up, expect the 3rd stringer to still sling the ball all over the field and while we can take advantage of that, it's likely he will get a few on us and even one or two that may sting. It will feel very much like a playoff game.

I am mostly concerned for Wilson. Their defense is going to get after it.

Also my concern, they can't keep banging the bejeebles outta Russ. And when i say they, I mean all defenders.
We need him for more than just this game. We need to protect Russ better than most the times before. Quick short routes, alternating with runs. Having Marshawn available for a quick out on fake handoffs to pick up 5 or more. We need to keep the 3-5yd per down machine clicking and the clock ticking.

Latest posts