We need to thank...

Cyrus12

Reaction score
...the selfish asshole who thought he was bigger than the team and then got his wish and looked like absolute trash which led to our great draft position. For this I salute him.. and Pete and John continue to bolster their legacy..thanks for being you dangerwich...200

ZornLargentPatera

Reaction score
Far from being the end of the world, like many thought when he was first traded last year, the whole situation turned out to be the radiant dawn of a new beginning after all. Let's just hope that none of the draft picks turn out to be total busts or it will all be for naught.

Rainger

Reaction score
Let's just hope that none of the draft picks turn out to be total busts or it will all be for naught.
Naw we got sooooo much plus the 3 players and look at last years draft and were this one is going. If one player is a bust so what. The team is way way better than if we had hung on to Mr Unlimited!

Last edited:

keasley45

Reaction score
Subtract Russ.

Add...

T Woolen
Bryant
Cross
Walker3
Lucas
Mafe
Fant

Yeah, I know not all those guys came directly from the trade picks, but like Dallas, Minny and the H Walker robbery, the trade of Russ has set in motion moves that will forever change this franchise for the better for years to come.

Like...

The NFL comeback player of the year 2022

And now...

Witherspoon
Njigba

+ at least 2 more starters and likely 3, plus whatever hidden gems PC and JS discover on day 3.

I've lamented for years now that we didn't win our 2nd title and that we gutted the team and rode with Russ over the LOB from 2014 to 2021. But at the same time, we remained one of the best teams in the league and for all of RW3's faults, he and the cast of players assembled around him brought us a lifetime of memories.

And now, we get to cash in that experience - that lone chip, for a dozen or more gold pieces that will lay the groundwork for this franchise's success for the next 7 years.

keasley45

Reaction score
...the selfish asshole who thought he was bigger than the team and then got his wish and looked like absolute trash which led to our great draft position. For this I salute him.. and Pete and John continue to bolster their legacy..thanks for being you dangerwich...View attachment 58876
I honestly still can't beleive that someone paid to evaluate player talent and ability actually gave up what we got for him.

I just don't see how that happens. Then again, Carson Wentz got paid last year, and K Murray and L Jackson fleeced their respective teams with massive extensions, despite questionable long-term viability as premier starters.

I guess there's more than 1 sucker born every minute...

olyfan63

Reaction score
I honestly still can't beleive that someone paid to evaluate player talent and ability actually gave up what we got for him.

I just don't see how that happens. Then again, Carson Wentz got paid last year, and K Murray and L Jackson fleeced their respective teams with massive extensions, despite questionable long-term viability as premier starters.

I guess there's more than 1 sucker born every minute...
So much THIS. I'm still floored that Denver got caught up in Me3's media hype and failed to do their due diligence. All they had to do was watch Kurt Warner's videos on Russ. Kurt nailed it. The game where KJ Hamler slammed his helmet in disgust, that was SO RUSSELL, not going through progressions and missing a WIDE-OPEN, GAME-WINNING read. Then Denver and their fanbase and media being so giddy at first about their shiny new--oops, freshly washed and waxed 1972 Ford Pinto, that was a spectacle to behold, and all these "respected" media outlets following the "Broncos are instant Super Bowl contenders now with Russell Wilson", absolutely comical in hindsight. PC/JS deserve an Academy Award for their acting job! (I initially share Keasley45's view on L Jackson contract, but premature in my evaluation)

If it was so obvious to ME, (thanks in significant part to things Keasley45 pointed out and I started looking for, and K. Warner confirmed), it's mind-blowingly shameful that the actual FOOTBALL people got suckered. SO GLAD they did!! :):)