Confidence lost..it's strictly entertainment now

Hawknight

Reaction score
going forward...(perhaps a knee jerk reaction after yesterdays loss..but my current mindset at the moment)

At the beginning of the season, my optimism soared with the anticipation of a significant postseason run fueled by our new draft acquisitions. Reflecting on the past drafts, it seemed like John and Pete were steering us back to the glory days with a younger Russ at the helm.

I pictured the revival of LOB II, led by a determined quarterback carrying a chip on his shoulder. The coaching staff, both on defense and offense, seemed to need a bit more time to shape the promising rookies from recent drafts. Despite the challenges, I envisioned a team in the making, evolving into a formidable force by January. Even the prospect of Adams returning added to my hopes.

However, any confidence in the team's success this season has since faded away. The multitude of errors, constant questionable referee decisions, poor tackling, quarterback inconsistencies, red zone inefficiencies, and a lack of effective coaching and strategic adjustments have dashed my aspirations. The team that once seemed destined for greatness now grapples with fundamental issues hindering their ability to succeed on the field.

I wish I could continue hoping for a turnaround, but for now, it's merely entertainment for me now without the prospect of any hope of making a significant impact this January. The obstacles facing this team seem insurmountable at the moment. I don't mean to sound negative, but unless there's a miraculous transformation with strong fourth-quarter finishes, avoiding constant penalties in the upcoming games—which, after yesterday's loss, seems increasingly unlikely—the season appears to be irreversibly lost.

Mizak

Reaction score
The final wildcard spot is held by Vikings, who are 6-5. There are a bunch of 4-6 NFC teams looking in to get into the playoff picture. I don’t think you guys should be panicking yet. The next 4 games is the tell all. Will the Seahawks hold the 6th or 7th final Wildcard Spot or are they going downhill?

cymatica

Reaction score
I lost most my confidence after Baltimore, but had hope they could learn from it. It was completely shattered after this game. The team is too undisciplined and the coaches make too many dumb Gameday decisions.

ccla

Reaction score
going forward...(perhaps a knee jerk reaction after yesterdays loss..but my current mindset at the moment)

At the beginning of the season, my optimism soared with the anticipation of a significant postseason run fueled by our new draft acquisitions. Reflecting on the past drafts, it seemed like John and Pete were steering us back to the glory days with a younger Russ at the helm.

I pictured the revival of LOB II, led by a determined quarterback carrying a chip on his shoulder. The coaching staff, both on defense and offense, seemed to need a bit more time to shape the promising rookies from recent drafts. Despite the challenges, I envisioned a team in the making, evolving into a formidable force by January. Even the prospect of Adams returning added to my hopes.

However, any confidence in the team's success this season has since faded away. The multitude of errors, constant questionable referee decisions, poor tackling, quarterback inconsistencies, red zone inefficiencies, and a lack of effective coaching and strategic adjustments have dashed my aspirations. The team that once seemed destined for greatness now grapples with fundamental issues hindering their ability to succeed on the field.

I wish I could continue hoping for a turnaround, but for now, it's merely entertainment for me now without the prospect of any hope of making a significant impact this January. The obstacles facing this team seem insurmountable at the moment. I don't mean to sound negative, but unless there's a miraculous transformation with strong fourth-quarter finishes, avoiding constant penalties in the upcoming games—which, after yesterday's loss, seems increasingly unlikely—the season appears to be irreversibly lost.
That is what I keep on telling myself, but when the game comes on I just cannot, I am there screaming at the TV like a madman!!
I wish I could take it as entertainment, but even then it would be like watching any of these reality tv shows (I.e. pretty bad entertainment).

mistaowen

Reaction score
This is a gauntlet of hard games coming up, I think going 2-2 would be amazing, but the NFC is terrible and the Seahawks should still be in WC contention at 6 wins already regardless how they go.

That said, I'm feeling the same lately and it kinda sucks. I don't think the offense has top 5 talent but they're probably top 15, top 10 range with a lot of young guys still developing. Overall the defense has played well enough to be 8-2, yesterday and Bengals game fall 100% on the offense. But they are just hamstrung by whatever is going on within the coaching staff. Pete, Waldron, I don't know. The constant mistakes, R/P imbalance, defenses clearly knowing patterns, second and long runs, generally poor play outside of the opening game script all points to Waldron as the problem. It is easy/obvious to blame Geno when he doesn't play well and misses guys but these core problems occur every single week. From armchair perspective, Waldron is a tremendous opening game script developer that is limited with in game flow and adjustments. Which makes me think he is very well suited in the role he had with the Rams but not as an OC.

Like clockwork, the offense comes out firing with balance, misdirection, Geno on the move, utilizing middle third, etc. Then something happens, defense adjusts, and it is back to long developing go routes with zero crossers or TE's in the middle. Offense comes to a grinding halt, completely unable to convert 3rd downs, and the defense is on the field majority of the game. Good teams put the Rams away before half time and instead the offense putters around and McVay gets his points like you knew he would.

I very highly doubt Pete fires him midseason, he just never does it, but I'd be hard pressed to find a reason Waldron should remain OC next season unless there is a drastic turnaround in how the offense performs.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
10-2 or 2-10, I will never stop watching. I will never stop pulling for my team. To each his/her own, but you're either in or you're out.

Expectations have been lowered a bit though.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
This was the Hawks mid season SB, a game they HAD to win in order to weather the next four weeks of possibly losing four straight, or at best winning one of the next four.

A game where both Adams and Lucas should have sucked it up and played like it was indeed a SB. Pete does this all the time, he tries to guess and gamble on when to let players play, and he did it yesterday with Adams and Lucas.

And he lost that bet, and the result is not only a loss against a bad Rams team.........but now it doesn't matter if Lucas and Adams play Thursday. We're about to get curb stomped for the next month.

OP
OP
Hawknight

Hawknight

Reaction score
10-2 or 2-10, I will never stop watching. I will never stop pulling for my team. To each his/her own, but you're either in or you're out.

Expectations have been lowered a bit though.
Losing confidence does not mean I stop pulling for my team or stop watching and/or that I'm out of ever being a fan of the game. Never stated this anywhere. I'm 100% behind my team, win or lose, but doesn't change my mindset of feeling a lack of confidence in a team or coaching style that doesn't change or adjust.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I'm not saying you did. I'm just talking about how I look at it, that's all. The criticism and/or lack of the confidence in this team doing anything more than a one and done is very warranted.

evergreen

Reaction score
We're middling. Even tho we are 6-4 we've scored less points than our opponents. Good teams may lose but they score more points over all than they let get scored against them. Lok at the standings and that little number in green or red tells a lot. If we'd have won almost the same thing maybe it's even. Middling, say 8-9, 9-8. Feels way moralize 8-9 now.