We should have lost this game anyway.

OP
OP
T

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Largent,

Defense wins championships IF YOU HAVE A CHAMPIONSHIP DEFENSE.

We don't. We won't.

Wishing you had a great defense does not change that you have an average defense. That isn't changing.

We have the pieces (but for the OL) for a great offense, and we have a QB that can offset the OL issues.

But the problem is what has Green Bay done? Why try to take that pathway when we all know the pathway to the playoffs is through the defense? What does a GB like approach get you?

Well here are the results of the Green Bay approach:

2014 they lost the Conference Championship

2015 they lost the Divisional Playoffs

2016 they lost the Conference Championship

2017 and 2018 they missed the playoffs, but remember Aaron Rodgers being injured?

Still, we haven't won a playoff game outside of a wildcard in the same period.

I think we also missed the playoffs once.

So, that whole 'the only way we can win is with defense' idea isn't working. Especially when your defense is nothing special and won't be special.(Unless the 'other' type of special?)

We have to score more than 25 if we want to win more. And the idea that Wilson is scoring to his ability throughout all 4 quarters is ridiculous. We both know that we score more in the 2nd half. I know the opposing defense loosens up but a lot of that is us just not focusing on scoring until much later. That isn't going to work this year, neither will 25 points per game.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
We scored enough to be 3-0.

Special teams and the offense contributed to 21 Saints points.

The defense needs to be better, but it's far too early to be tearing up the map

Dismissing that opposing defenses loosen up more as part of that plan also doesn't give enough credit to the team.

Faster starts would be nice and it's infuriating watching this team in the first quarter. But dismissing the 2nd half as essentially garbage points is disingenuous

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Exactly, one game doesn't = and entire season and/or how good a team is. You just cannot spot a team 2 touchdowns and expect to come back and win.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":ub1oug2m said:
Exactly, one game doesn't = and entire season and/or how good a team is. You just cannot spot a team 2 touchdowns and expect to come back and win.

My issue is the lack of focus and planning to start games. The team recovers well, but it woukd be great to see what a solid start does.

PC thinks a close game at halftime is a winnable game in the 2nd half. He's been proven right more than not. But still think the team needs more when games start. Last week was a fine example of a deficit that was just too big to overcomr

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
And the lack of discipline yesterday, and in parts of the other 2 games is concerning. Teams that are good but not great can't just give away points and/or commit penalties over and over again.
If dwelling on the negative is your thing, have at it.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":eclc0gh1 said:
And the lack of discipline yesterday, and in parts of the other 2 games is concerning. Teams that are good but not great can't just give away points and/or commit penalties over and over again.
If dwelling on the negative is your thing, have at it.

Am I dwelling on the negative?

These issues aren't new or a surprise. They certainly shouldn't be glossed over.

Fans of the team want them to be successful. Sometimes it feels like the team is playing at a self imposed disadvantage as some measure against digging a bigger hole by being ambitious.

Worth talking about (Being it's a message board and all)

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Call me crazy, but if Drew Brees plays we win this game. Football has never been linear. We likely go into the Saints game focused if the Saints are at full strength. The Saints would also likely prepare differently.

Experts will pick us to beat the Cardinals this week, and then lose to the Rams. But we’ll likely beat the Rams. And then experts will start to trust us again

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
No, I was just speaking in general, not at anyone in particular. Some people dwell on the negative and some do the positive thing. All good either way, but yeah there are some serious things to clean up and soon.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
The fact is, Seattle has been given a lot of breaks these last three games. Bengals, no AJ Green. Steelers, Roethlisberger out during second half. Saints, Drew Brees out.

When some of the biggest game changers are out then your team should be licking their chops and give that opposing team a bloody nose. Full stop. In all three games however it's been tight and sloppy by the Seahawks. That cannot be acceptable.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
So, when the Hawks win games it's because of breaks. But when they lose it's because they suck (which they did for the most part on Sunday)
The Niners are 3-0 but have beaten teams with a combined record of 1-8. That's a lot of breaks right there too.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3m88lvld said:
So, when the Hawks win games it's because of breaks. But when they lose it's because they suck (which they did for the most part on Sunday)

I mean, come on, those are pretty nice cherries ontop for any team. If you told me I didn't have to play against a guarantee HOF QB and a potential HOF WR then that's a nice break. It alters your gameplan, it should in theory allow you to focus on other aspects of the game or other opposing players. Not write them off mind you, but things should be technically easier for your team. Instead its been constant struggles.

Not once this year have I felt confident in this team, like they could walk in and spartan kick an opponent into submission. Whether people want to admit it or not, I think we all get a little nervous when the Seahawks take the field because we don't know which version of the team is suiting up. There's no consistency.

Also good for the Niners. If they're getting as many breaks then at least they capitalize on them.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
At one point the Saints had 57 total yards of offense, and 13 points. That's giving a game away to me.
But I doubt I'm the only one who doesn't expect the Hawks to hit their stride until Mid-October. And yeah, you really don't know what you're gonna' get from week to week. At least right now.

Latest posts