Wedding Invitation

Chrismv41985

Reaction score
Hey All,

Long time lurker and first time poster here. Just wanted to share an awesome experience with you guys. My fiance and I were sending out our wedding invitations and for fun we decided to send one to Seattle's favorite QB. We did not expect any response, but low and behold this is what showed up in the mailbox today. Even though it was a regret, it goes to show what a classy guy he is. He could have very easily just tossed it in the trash or shoved to the back of what i'm sure is a huge fanmail box. But he responded and we thought it was AWESOME! GO Hawks!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    168.2 KB · Views: 3,529

CASeahawk

Reaction score
I did this and invited the team in 1999 and I got regrets with signatures from Homie, Chad Brown, Ricky Waters, and a few others. It was cool.

RussWILSON3

Reaction score
This is awesome! Thanks for sharing. It just means Russell reads his fan mail which is very admirable, considering his rather recent rise to stardom... Most guys with his star power probably just pick out 4 or 5 pieces of mail, if that. Then dump the rest in the recycle. LOL What a guy.

Exittium

Reaction score
tooshort":3ng1pl42 said:
That's sweet, Russell just exudes class! Would have been awesome if that was sent back "declines with regret" "GO HAWKS"

My wife and I said the same and we lol'd@ that comment

gspin2k1

Reaction score
Where did you even send it to? I want to see if I mail him a photo if he'd be willing to autograph it.

bryantology79

Reaction score
sent him a facebook invite for my bday party this past feb

he didnt even have the courtesy to decline so i wouldnt overbuy food...dont hold your breath

A

Anonymous

Not to remove wind from any sails, but Russ has "people" that probably sent that deal back to you.

The wife was an assistant for a female fashion model, back in the 80's, who was very busy travelling around doing her thing. Mrs. HH would open all her mail, check the answering machine, and keep the appointment book up to date. She would routinely glean out mail and messages that stood out as important for the girl to deal with personally but would handle 95% of the responding tasks on the chick's behalf. So, I'd bet money Russell never saw your invitation.

Keep your chin up though, he probably told his assistants he wants all that kind of stuff dealt with in the best possible way, hence, your RSVP being honored. That is what sets him apart from all the other celebrities running around.

OP
OP
C

Chrismv41985

Reaction score
Of course it crossed my mind that it was likely an assistant sending it back, but I looked at closer and it looked like he was getting ready to sign an autograph and stopped to sign his name legibly instead. The hand writing is ver similar to the bible verse inscription that he adds to his autograph. What do you guys think? Im I getting excited for nothing?

dbmack

Reaction score
I think he did it himself. Compare the downswing swoosh on the R to his autograph. Doesn't seem like an assistant would think to do that.

The Radish

Reaction score
I think most of us realize that's a possiblity but it seems a bit out of line to mention it.

I would be very surprised if it wasn't done by someone on his "team". Its very common for busy popular athletics for someone to handle that for them. If they signed all the things attributed to them there would be no time for football practice.

:141847_bnono:

djb28

Reaction score
Can't believe he didn't write "Go Hawks" on it!

sc85sis

Reaction score
I sent a small gift to a celeb and his wife several years back after their first child was born. I had actually briefly met him previously and had gotten a very nice autograph with message at that time. Anyway, after sending my small token, I received back a handwritten thank you.

It's true that most celebs have people who help with mail, but sometimes you will get an actual response. Either way in this case, it still shows good intent on Russell's part to want fan mail acknowledged and responded to.

Thanks for sharing!

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
dbmack":3u27imwa said:
I think he did it himself. Compare the downswing swoosh on the R to his autograph. Doesn't seem like an assistant would think to do that.

Not meaning to rain on any parade, but if Russell did relegate these kinds of things to his assistants they probably would look at how Russell writes his name and try to imitate it.